oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich (A) 0-1

That was embarrassing!

I’ve sung Pulis’ praises so far this season but he got that wrong from start to finish. To give Norwich that much initiative from the start was awful management. Why oh why did we go out there with the intention of grabbing a point. Fair enough away to an in form Leeds but Norwich are very poor and we should have been going there intent on getting all 3 points. And then when we did concede, Pulis decided just to throw all the attacking players he had on the bench onto the field with no plan of what they were actually supposed to be doing there.

Howson and Downing were truly awful today. Back to last season for those two. How did both get away with playing 90 minutes? Should both have been brought off at half time. Friend was also very poor. To be honest, our whole team was poor. No idea what they’ve been doing the last 2 weeks because they all looked completely devoid of energy.

Norwich were there for the taking today and we’ve just gifted them 3 points. Shocking!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The comments from Pulis about wanting a team of Downings was made after he’d been here about a week and fair enough he looks classy and I can understand him saying that after being here for a short space of time. But once you’ve watched him up close in matches for 9 months you must realise he’s basically a total waste of space and often a liability. There’s no way Pulis can think he has to start at this point in time.

I'm guessing he'll mention the Britt penalty claim in the same piece of play that they then scored in and put the blame onto that. I've only seen it once but Britt was shoulder to shoulder running on the outside of him and went down my reaction was no foul to be honest but it's not like we have 8 people up there and their GK booted it then they scored that's no excuse for me.

We dropped 1 point from 1 to 0 today not the end of the world because from the start of the 2nd half you could tell we weren't scoring it's concerning for our mentality that we couldn't push them into their box for 20 minutes and scrap an equaliser but long term it's not too big of a deal as a single result.

Need to freshen this team up though that's 3 league games we've played 1 goal scored from them Braithwaite/Saville into the line up would qualify maybe try out McQueen as well?

I'd rather have a wakeup call like this than a 0 0 draw everything's fine we just had an off day that it could have become, this might turn out to be a blessing if it leads to changes in the lineup.

Pulis isn't going to maintain what respect he has with the fans with performances like that. I predicted the loss to happen today and I'm not going to be overly concerned with the result as I've mentioned before but I did expect a lot more than what we saw.

The players looked poor and positionally we looked all over the place after the goal. We had a totally over-stacked midfield to begin with and at the end and still lost the midfield battle without a fight. The changes were too late and they just weren't very good ones. It was clear we weren't winning the tactical battle and we swapped a midfielder for a midfielder. We went behind and finally brought on the attacker we needed at the expense of a defender and still forced our full-backs high up the pitch at times.

Not expecting an all guns blazing approach or swift attacking football. I expect a well-drilled tactical approach and 100% from the players and I don't think we got either today. I expect to see something where you can at least somewhat look back on and say "You can see what we were trying to do" but I honestly can't say that after today. Shame on coaching and playing staff alike, for me.

If we get 46 from 23 games at the half way point I’ll be happy  agree very poor performance and it’s not the first but 14 from 7 games is not bad at all.

Indeed, it's not. I don't think any of our performances this season come close to how poor that was today. But that's why the result doesn't concern me too much. We're still on for 2 points per game. It's very early days and we have to move on to the next one and bounce back big time.

I'd love to know what's the deal with Fletcher who the Hull reporter said was walking in the building for a medical when Middlesbrough called at I think he said 4/4.30pm to tell Fletcher to drive back the move's off. Since then he's missed both matchday squads and seemingly not a word on him from Pulis?

I think the players that so far haven't given Pulis an excuse to change them today have given him the excuse I'm hoping for 3-4 changes for the next game hopefully get Crockstede or Fletcher on the bench as well I think we're an attacker light on the bench if Braithwaite comes into the lineup like we'd expect.

Disappointing result for sure, but the performance was concerning. TP brought it on with that starting lineup but you still would have expected more resilience and solidity from the team. On the face of it setting up defensive away from home is not the worst in the world, assuming you win your home games. It was another chance to set down a marker and pick up the momentum from before the break.

Hopefully just an off day. Would expect at least 2 from Friend, Downing, Clayton and Besic to drop out on Wednesday.

Perhaps

Randolph

McQueen

Ayala

Flint

Shotton

Besic

Howson

Saville

Braithwaite

Hugill

Assombalonga

Hopefully just an off day. Would expect at least 2 from Friend, Downing, Clayton and Besic to drop out on Wednesday.

Perhaps

Randolph

McQueen

Ayala

Flint

Shotton

Besic

Howson

Saville

Braithwaite

Hugill

Assombalonga

No danger of Downing being dropped, so that leaves 3, must have been like an early Christmas present  to Downing when Pulis took over.

Perhaps

Randolph

McQueen

Ayala

Flint

Shotton

Besic

Howson

Saville

Braithwaite

Hugill

Assombalonga

Would love that but there is no way on earth Pulis starts that front three.

What a p1ss poor performance!

Way too negative!

Howson hasn't been any good since he lost wing by his side. That little Bosnian isn't my cup of tea as he is just a poorer Balkan Downing... Backwards thinking, not able to pass the leather!

Downing and Besic, makes Clayton and Hoswon worse, if you ask me!

Hopefully Saville will be better and hopefully Wing will get his spot back .. We are toothless with downing and Besic together in that midfield ..

If Pony Tulips is so fond of Downing .. use him as a wingback or better as a consultant on the bench... Baffled.

I'm guessing he'll mention the Britt penalty claim in the same piece of play that they then scored in and put the blame onto that. I've only seen it once but Britt was shoulder to shoulder running on the outside of him and went down my reaction was no foul to be honest but it's not like we have 8 people up there and their GK booted it then they scored that's no excuse for me.

We dropped 1 point from 1 to 0 today not the end of the world because from the start of the 2nd half you could tell we weren't scoring it's concerning for our mentality that we couldn't push them into their box for 20 minutes and scrap an equaliser but long term it's not too big of a deal as a single result.

Need to freshen this team up though that's 3 league games we've played 1 goal scored from them Braithwaite/Saville into the line up would qualify maybe try out McQueen as well?

I'd rather have a wakeup call like this than a 0 0 draw everything's fine we just had an off day that it could have become, this might turn out to be a blessing if it leads to changes in the lineup.

FTR he did exactly that. Said it's a fortuitous goal, Britt was fouled at the other end.