oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich (A) 0-1

I don't think we missed Braithwaite too much against Leeds. I think he'd have probably just ended up sat deeper and in reality, what we had on the pitch was probably more suitable for what was primarily a sit back and soak up the pressure and nick it on the set-pieces approach.

For sure though, in the games where we open ourselves up a bit more, we need him in the team right now.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon Braithwaite comes in behind Britt - but not sure whether Pulis will play Downing or Friend at LWB. Apart from that, same team. Hope to see Hugill and Savile come off the bench for at least 20/25 mins for a decent run out.

Feel like the good times will continue to roll for now and predict 2-0 Boro, Howson FGS - he's due one.

I agree we don't have a direct replacement for Braithwaite, but we have 4 other senior strikers and Saville and McNair that could probably play the second striker role. We could say that about most of our positions, even if we got two injuries in the same place we would probably manage to plug the gap with senior professionals.

Whereas Leeds are having to start unproven academy players after two striker injuries. I think overall our squad depth is immense in a 3-5-2.

I more or less agree with you although it would have been nice to have at least one genuine winger. Our bench is pretty strong though with quality senior pros at this level and a few exciting youngsters so I don’t know if we can afford to bring someone like Bakary Sako in. So many players pushing for minutes and Pulis will have a job on his hands keeping them all happy.

Will any of the new signings start in this game? No, but Saville and Lightning McQueen will come on. 

What are your score predictions and who will be the first goalscorer? Boro win 3-1 and Howson scores the first goal

Will Rhodes continue the proud tradition of former strikers scoring against us? He will score an own goal

When was the last time you played god? If people would stop playing ME, that would be great!

How long can we keep this unbeaten run going? Long enough to go up!

Good first attempt Foogle, though I always like a link to opposition fans forums to read what they feel about the game.

Going to this one though never a happy hunting ground apart from one off's.

What will the break have done because certainly Norwich will not want a repeat of the Leeds game and having the top two teams visiting Carrow Road one after the other will allow the Norwich fans an opportunity to judge both teams credentials.

We might not be as free scoring but we will be very hard to beat and as long as our set pieces are taken well then we should be able to take a very good away win.

But life is never that easy so initially I would be happy with a draw so will put this in the "must not lose" catagory

Did anyone catch pulis’ presser?

Had this to say about Braithwaite:

I’m delighted that Martin hasn’t left. I’m delighted he’s back in squad.

I’ve had a good chat, he’s promised to get his head down and really give it a go this year.

Last window he went to Bordeaux, he had to come back fresh from that.

All the speculation has affected him. He’s been playing really well, exceptional.

We want back in the team.

What I want is players who want to be at this club. He came in and had a good chat yesterday, fingers crossed we can get him back in the team and scoring goals.

He was fairly dismissive when asked how the opposition will set up, which is kind of indicative of our attitude on the pitch this season. We seem to always be able to impose our game on the opposition. Even against Leeds, the game seemed to be played on our terms.

Am really surprised about the lack of matchday build up, no rallying cries from KM and not a whisper from CT (for a while).

Norwich have problems due to injuries and if there is a day to beat them then perhaps this is the day.

Looking forward to this game and saying hi to old friends and new.

We could be 6 points ahead of WBA come final whistle, this early in the season is very encouraging.

Also safe trip to Edinboro who is already on the way to the game with his lad...….see you later on Neil

Am really surprised about the lack of matchday build up, no rallying cries from KM and not a whisper from CT (for a while).

Norwich have problems due to injuries and if there is a day to beat them then perhaps this is the day.

Looking forward to this game and saying hi to old friends and new.

We could be 6 points ahead of WBA come final whistle, this early in the season is very encouraging.

Also safe trip to Edinboro who is already on the way to the game with his lad...….see you later on Neil

GAME DAY - COME ON BORO!

Sorry KM, had to help Alan out here!

Enjoy the game guys, sorry not to have made it! I’m going 2-0 to Boro, Britt and Braithe on the scoresheet - think Martin has a lot to prove and will be well up for it if he plays.

I actually see us winning this. I expect Hugill and Braithwaite to start. I wonder if the line up might be something like the below with Saville and Besic having been away.

Randolph

Friend

Ayala

Flint

Shotton

Clayton

Howson

Downing

Braithwaite

Hugill

I actually see us winning this. I expect Hugill and Braithwaite to start. I wonder if the line up might be something like the below with Saville and Besic having been away.

Randolph

Friend

Ayala

Flint

Shotton

Clayton

Howson

Downing

Braithwaite

Hugill

I think we will probably start with 11 men.