oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton 2-0 ( Saville, Assombalonga)

tJOA0jb.jpg

Details

Teams – Middlesbrough v Bolton

Location – The Riv'rside Stadium

Competition – The Championship

Date – Wednesday 19th Septemb'r 2018

Kick off – 19:45

Prelude

Welcome to all thee regulars and dearn wanderers. Cometh in out of the bitter cold and rest thy weary forks. Alloweth me weaveth a tale f'r thee of palmy warri'rs and the foolhardy who is't dareth to face them, in a midweek night's dream... 

The Lasteth Games

B’ro:

N’rwich 1 - 0 B’ro

Middlesbrough tooketh their eye off the ball h're and did allow the weak n'rwich team to dominate and ov'rcome those folk in blue.

N'rwich sc'r'd lief aft'r a controv'rsial incident in their penalty area wh're britt assombalonga bethought that gent hadst been tripp'd as that gent dart'd into the boxeth. that gent appeal'd to the ref'ree, but the ref'ree did reply: “Nor tripped neither, you base football player”. N’rwich then only wenteth up the oth'r endeth and bloody sc'r'd didn’t they?!

Bolton:

Bolton 1 - 2 Queen’s Parketh Rangers

Queens Parketh did ring'rs wonneth on the road f'r the first timeth in nine games to condemn bolton to defeat in the week those gents did avoid administration.

Luke Freeman and Eb'rechi Eze sc'r'd f'r the visiteth'rs, while trott'rs substitute Josh Magennis sc'r'd a second half consolation goal with a 20 yard free kicketh

Availability News

B’ro:

:( - Rudy Gestede is closeth to fitness but still did miss the lasteth game

:) - The rest of the team appears to beest a toweth'r of strength, barring any lasteth minute poisonings 'r stabbings

Bolton:

:) - As far as I can findeth, the Wand'r'rs has't nay injury w'ries

F'rm (League only - Most recent lasteth)

B'ro: WWWWDL

Bolton: DWWLDL

The View From the Oth'r Side

https://the-wanderer.co.uk/

As far as i can telleth, thith'r is nay thread up talking about our matcheth. The distemperate wanderers has't not yet begun to consid'r the ramifications of this game as of yet. Above is a link to their f'rum concluded, be it so thee can wend and maketh a nuisance of yourself if 't be true thee wisheth

The Un(g'r)-official Matcheth Preview

All the Riverside’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts.

Middlesbrough needeth to maketh a returneth to winning ways on wednesday night, and I bethink yond those gents shall. Bolton has't not been doing badly this season so far, but did beat those folk we wilt. David Wheat'r shall just has't to taketh t on the chin.

2-0 B'ro with Braithwaite sc'ring both. All's well that ends well.

Possible line up

----------------Randolph------------------

----Shotton--Flint--Fryeth--Cousin----

-Downing--Clayton--Howson--Besic--

------Braithwaite---Assombalonga------

Breaketh the ice

Aft'r martin hath asked to leaveth (to the replyeth of “et tu, braith?” from Tony Pulis), shall he continueth to sitteth on the naughty grise 'r shall that gent beest hath brought backeth into the foldeth once m're?

Is b'ro’s recent f'rm a conc'rn 'r is't much ado about nothing?

2-3 or not 2-3: that is the question?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not a must win but surely a have to win. We need to bounce back quickly and get a few goals to show that we can actually attack. 1 goal in the last three outings isn't good enough. Pulis needs to be much bolder in home games like these and set out for a quick goal.

If he doesnt ring the changes I'll be very close to losing full faith in pulis. Anyone could see that the line-up he put out on Saturday was completely wrong. If downing is again played as our primary attacking outlet we will go another 90 mins without scoring.

Must win game. Got a feeling he's going to ring the changes, no more arsing about trying to fit everybody in.

Randolph- Shotton, McQueen, Ayala, Flint, Bartt- Clayton(or Mo), Saville, Howson- Braithwaite, Assombalonga

Bart Simpson?

If he doesnt ring the changes I'll be very close to losing full faith in pulis. Anyone could see that the line-up he put out on Saturday was completely wrong. If downing is again played as our primary attacking outlet we will go another 90 mins without scoring.

Tbh I can't see him dropping Friend and Downing. We need to play Braithwaite off Britt. I won't mind seeing Downing as one of the midfield three instead og Howson or Besic. I just don't think Besic offers enough going forward.

And Fry certainly don't deserve to be dropped because of that Norwich goal. Would be encredibly harsh to drop him for a loanee.

Probably not experienced enough. But you have to wonder where he would get that experience by not playing and not going out on loan. Personally I think it was wrong to spend 8 million on Saville when you already have Wing and McNair sitting on the bench and now Leadbitter can't even make the squad (not that I want him playing, but it's still decent wages on nothing). But it's not my money.

What has Lewis Wing done wrong? Up there with Howson and Braithwaite as our best player before the international break then he's completely dropped from the squad.

Not a jot, he's just a victim of our over-populated central-midfield roster.

I'd like to see what Mcnair can offer.

Randolph

Fry Ayala Flint

Shotten Mcqueen

Mcnair Clayton 1 of about 6

Britt Braithwaite

That’s four changes. You can’t keep changing 4/5 players every time you lose