oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton 2-0 ( Saville, Assombalonga)

Absolutely sucking the life out of this football club as he did at the previous ones where he stayed for any length of time.  The atmosphere was as flat as a fart and really who can blame anyone when you know you're sitting through 90 mins of that.  Fair play to Bolton though, they did the honourable thing and gifted us a goal or we'd have gotten no more than a point tonight.

lol you're almost a parody of yourself at this point pal, lets reel it in a bit.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

They did gift us the goals which won us the game and we created little more than that. But sucking the life out of us? Is the atmosphere really worse than it has been in the Championship for us in the past 10 years?

They did gift us the goals which won us the game and we created little more than that. But sucking the life out of us? Is the atmosphere really worse than it has been in the Championship for us in the past 10 years?

Yes sucking the life out of us.  There are people, even on here, who have zero enthusiasm for us right now.  Why do you think that is?  It's not results is it.

The atmosphere tonight was garbage.  People who were there will know exactly what I'm talking about.  Even the South stand was relatively quiet, for them anyway.

Absolutely sucking the life out of this football club as he did at the previous ones where he stayed for any length of time.  The atmosphere was as flat as a fart and really who can blame anyone when you know you're sitting through 90 mins of that.  Fair play to Bolton though, they did the honourable thing and gifted us a goal or we'd have gotten no more than a point tonight.

lol you're almost a parody of yourself at this point pal, lets reel it in a bit.

Here in a nutshell is why Oneboro activity is down.  Give your opinion and get crap.  

Try spending some time and money going to the games and then see how you feel about things.  You might find it's a bit different when you're stretching yourself a bit further than switching on a computer to watch a game.

People need to be allowed to have an opinion and not get insulted for it.

We are in a strange position where lots of people are very unhappy with the style of football and the entertainment on show, while at the same time lots of people are very happy because we are sitting second on over two points a game which is way better than we all expected.

I can't decide which side I'm on as I'm torn between the two views. Either way we all have to accept both are valid and people need to be allowed to give their honest opinion.

Good 3 points but as a spectacle it was dire, I thought we played pretty well before the international break but since then we seem to have regressed back to how we were playing last season. I dont know where the high tempo football has gone from the earlier home games? Maybe thats unsustainable over a long season?

I agree with the comment about it being very flat, although we had plenty of midweek games like that under Karanka as well.

We'll need to play a lot better than that on Saturday to get anything from the game which hopefully we will do.

Agree with Duvel’s assessment above really, and I do agree with CT when he says the atmosphere was low last night because it was, not much really got the crowd going and not surprising because there wasn’t a massive amount going on.

First half we played alright without really creating much. Howson and Braithwaite seemed the only players that would create something. Clayton played well in his usual role. I thought Saville had a really quiet first half without doing anything and I was just saying this to the guy next to me when he popped up with a goal! Even after that I’m still not sure that he did an awful lot, but if he pops up with a goal every game without doing an awful lot I won’t be complaining.

Second half was pretty average to poor I thought. Bolton got more of a hold and had some half decent chances, although so did we too to be fair. Thought Hugill should have done better on some occasions and if I’m being honest thought he wasn’t great last night generally. Pulis seemed to like his performance in the presser after so maybe I’m just reading that wrong but thought he didn’t really offer anything more than Britt, I know it’s his first full 90 so maybe he’s just getting up to speed.

Finally, on a positive, another clean sheet for the back 4 which is great. Also obviously another win and up to second. Like Duvel said, before the IB the tempo was a lot higher which wasn’t there last night so I hope we can get back to that for Saturday.

I think it was a very odd game, we're not going to have that much possession and control on a game very often. Looked like Bolton's gameplan was just to let us have the ball and see if we can break them down, which I don't think is our strong suit...

Here in a nutshell is why Oneboro activity is down.  Give your opinion and get crap.  

Try spending some time and money going to the games and then see how you feel about things.  You might find it's a bit different when you're stretching yourself a bit further than switching on a computer to watch a game.

yeah okay I'll make the 6 hour commute every home game I'll get right on that.

So how did we end up lining up?

Was Braithwaite up with Hugill or was he shafted wider to accommodate Downing in a attacking position?

Felt like Braithwaite had a bit of a free role between the lines, he kept popping up in the middle and sometimes out on the right. It gave Shotton a lot of space down the right, unfortunately his crossing was absolutely shocking. Downing was playing with more width out on the opposite wing.

Then why slate him for saying the atmosphere was flat in the stadium when he was sitting there feeling it? He is right and even watching it on the my laptop I was wondering why the atmosphere was so dire. There were long stretches of the match where you could hear a penny drop. That lack of atmosphere has very much to do with the tedious stuff on the pitch. It’s Pulis’ brand of football and it’s hardly getting people on the edge of their seats. Winning is great but I can’t say I was entertained apart from the two goals. I really think we deserve to see a bit more adventurism as we have a far superior squad to most teams in this league.

Hope we up the levels against Swansea and show a wil to commit men forward.

Then why slate him for saying the atmosphere was flat in the stadium when he was sitting there feeling it? He is right and even watching it on the my laptop I was wondering why the atmosphere was so dire. There were long stretches of the match where you could hear a penny drop. That lack of atmosphere has very much to do with the tedious stuff on the pitch. It’s Pulis’ brand of football and it’s hardly getting people on the edge of their seats. Winning is great but I can’t say I was entertained apart from the two goals. I really think we deserve to see a bit more adventurism as we have a far superior squad to most teams in this league.

Hope we up the levels against Swansea and show a wil to commit men forward.

show me where I slated him for stating the atmosphere was flat.

I think he made multiple sensationalist comments in the post i replied to. I made no comment on whether I agreed with any of them, simply stating you can predict CT will come on and make some form of sarcastic comment regarding how terrible we are.

It is a pity because you all make valid points, certainly the away fans at Norwich echoed to a degree these latest posts.

We have an ex PL team up next who should give us a better game and with more intensity, let's see how we cope and how the crowds get behind the team then.

I will give an honest appraisal as I will be there.

@Brunners I am going on my own on Saturday why not come to my place and we can travel together if you would like to?