oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton 2-0 ( Saville, Assombalonga)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So how did we end up lining up?

Was Braithwaite up with Hugill or was he shafted wider to accommodate Downing in a attacking position?

It looked to me like it was the usual formation to begin with, with Downing playing the LWB role (use that term loosely) and Friend playing a Kyle Walker in the WC type CB role. Braithwaite and Hugill up front.

It has become an absolute chore to watch Boro lately. I think CT has a point. i'm not as willing to travel up and go to watch that type of Football because it isn't a spectacle and the crowd do seem to be flat.

I definitely think Pulis is short term at the club because i definitely think he has a sell by date. Although, myself and other Pulis detractors cannot say much when we are sitting in second.

On the game itself, I thought the whole back 5 looked solid without ever being tested. Shotton does really well to be as an effective as he is in the role he is being asked to play.

I liked how Saville was popping up in both boxes. He made a great block in the second half.

I have to be honest at this stage, I don't see what the fuss is about with Hugill...He tries hard but seems to lack quality. He should have buried an effort in the second half.

Besic made a real difference when he came on. I think he is much better at picking a pass than Saville from what i've seen.

Clayton was my MoM. He is back to his absolute Karanka-era best. just controlled that midfield area.

i think the issue is in the way certain posters put thier points across . everybody should be allowed an opinion and respected for it ,with the exception of deliberate WUM,s ,which to be fair seem to be generally at large in other forums. 

CT as ive remarked previously , to me, comes across as a skilled vocabulurist and gives a honest assessment but also as Brunners has just commented ,does seem to like to have an edge in some remarks to get his point across . its almost journalistic.  personally im totally fine with it but basically people percieve it differently. 

i could easily pick faults with individual frailties  from last night ,especially distribution , general ball control and shooting . but in saying that we do look to work efficiently as a unit in the main. 

i totally agree its not fun to watch but while its ends up effective points and position wise it tempers the disillusion to a large degree.

lol you're almost a parody of yourself at this point pal, lets reel it in a bit.

Here in a nutshell is why Oneboro activity is down.  Give your opinion and get crap.  

Try spending some time and money going to the games and then see how you feel about things.  You might find it's a bit different when you're stretching yourself a bit further than switching on a computer to watch a game.

yeah okay I'll make the 6 hour commute every home game I'll get right on that.

Then why slate him for saying the atmosphere was flat in the stadium when he was sitting there feeling it? He is right and even watching it on the my laptop I was wondering why the atmosphere was so dire. There were long stretches of the match where you could hear a penny drop. That lack of atmosphere has very much to do with the tedious stuff on the pitch. It’s Pulis’ brand of football and it’s hardly getting people on the edge of their seats. Winning is great but I can’t say I was entertained apart from the two goals. I really think we deserve to see a bit more adventurism as we have a far superior squad to most teams in this league.

Hope we up the levels against Swansea and show a wil to commit men forward.

show me where I slated him for stating the atmosphere was flat.

I think he made multiple sensationalist comments in the post i replied to. I made no comment on whether I agreed with any of them, simply stating you can predict CT will come on and make some form of sarcastic comment regarding how terrible we are.

What's the point in any of this?

CT has said his piece, don't let this descent into something that just switches people off the forum.

I dont think he has said anything sensationalist regarding the match..I, for one, agree with him.

It is a pity because you all make valid points, certainly the away fans at Norwich echoed to a degree these latest posts.

We have an ex PL team up next who should give us a better game and with more intensity, let's see how we cope and how the crowds get behind the team then.

I will give an honest appraisal as I will be there.

@Brunners I am going on my own on Saturday why not come to my place and we can travel together if you would like to?

Hey DS i massively appreciate the offer, really means a lot. unfortunately I have q family thing on the Saturday evening so can't commit to a commute like that this weekend :(

seriously, thank you tho :)

i think the issue is in the way certain posters put thier points across . everybody should be allowed an opinion and respected for it ,with the exception of deliberate WUM,s ,which to be fair seem to be generally at large in other forums. 

CT as ive remarked previously , to me, comes across as a skilled vocabulurist and gives a honest assessment but also as Brunners has just commented ,does seem to like to have an edge in some remarks to get his point across . its almost journalistic.  personally im totally fine with it but basically people percieve it differently. 

i could easily pick faults with individual frailties  from last night ,especially distribution , general ball control and shooting . but in saying that we do look to work efficiently as a unit in the main. 

i totally agree its not fun to watch but while its ends up effective points and position wise it tempers the disillusion to a large degree.

He writes in a tone and a style that he 100% knows will and does rile people up. I don't know if it's so he can play victim when he gets called out for his ***ty tone or not or what but it's frustrating.

really I should just stop biting, but it just annoys me because he makes a lot of great points but his tone is often insufferable.

I liked Pulis's post match interview. I think he comes across well. He even admitted that the second half wasn't great, but was glad that the fans didn't get on the players' backs. He also thinks that we need to be more clinical with our good chances, and that the decision making and passing in the final third needs to improve.

Some of those things aren't actually Puilis's fault. Like If players are making bad decisions or poor passes at key moments when under the pressure of an actual game. (Rather than in training).

Here in a nutshell is why Oneboro activity is down.  Give your opinion and get crap.  

Try spending some time and money going to the games and then see how you feel about things.  You might find it's a bit different when you're stretching yourself a bit further than switching on a computer to watch a game.

Then why slate him for saying the atmosphere was flat in the stadium when he was sitting there feeling it? He is right and even watching it on the my laptop I was wondering why the atmosphere was so dire. There were long stretches of the match where you could hear a penny drop. That lack of atmosphere has very much to do with the tedious stuff on the pitch. It’s Pulis’ brand of football and it’s hardly getting people on the edge of their seats. Winning is great but I can’t say I was entertained apart from the two goals. I really think we deserve to see a bit more adventurism as we have a far superior squad to most teams in this league.

I think he made multiple sensationalist comments in the post i replied to. I made no comment on whether I agreed with any of them, simply stating you can predict CT will come on and make some form of sarcastic comment regarding how terrible we are.

CT has said his piece, don't let this descent into something that just switches people off the forum.

I dont think he has said anything sensationalist regarding the match..I, for one, agree with him.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you play boring football - I'm pleased with the results we are putting together and in general the overall performances - but its not good on the eye and very difficult to get excited about. I think he made the wrong selections - its like he accidentally stumbles on entertaining football and then goes into 'abort' mode. Did I think we would be sitting 2nd without conceding at home? nope - did I think this season could be one of the dullest from a fans point of view for years? YEP but did anyone really expect a full house, singing from the rafters for 90 mins on a Tuesday night against Bolton with Pulis at the helm? I certainly didn't - its more or less what I expected.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you play boring football - I'm pleased with the results we are putting together and in general the overall performances - but its not good on the eye and very difficult to get excited about. I think he made the wrong selections edfcvgbnm,.,mn bvcxdnb vcdxszxfghjukiop]

7uy6t5r4e3w2q- its like he accidentally stumbles on entertaining football and then goes into 'abort' mode. Did I think we would be sitting 2nd without conceding at home? nope - did I think this season could be one of the dullest from a fans point of view for years? YEP but

Are you okay mate? did you have a stroke half way through that?!

Unfortunately this is what happens when you play boring football - I'm pleased with the results we are putting together and in general the overall performances - but its not good on the eye and very difficult to get excited about. I think he made the wrong selections - its like he accidentally stumbles on entertaining football and then goes into 'abort' mode. Did I think we would be sitting 2nd without conceding at home? nope - did I think this season could be one of the dullest from a fans point of view for years? YEP but did anyone really expect a full house, singing from the rafters for 90 mins on a Tuesday night against Bolton with Pulis at the helm?  I certainly didn't - its more or less what I expected.

As Duval pointed out, there were plenty of midweek nights like that under Karanka too (atmosphere/style) - which isn't all that long ago.

Here's a genuine question: (And this isn't an anti Karanka thing, so please can those who think I'm being 'against' the guy just take my word for that).

I think I'm missing something, so what I genuinely want to understand, is what is it about Pulis football that people hate, that those same people liked about Karanka's football?

also I was looking at some stats yesterday and while I haven't been able to look into detail yet (in terms of "quality" of shots) we actually average 13 shots a game almost, which is around the same level as Leeds and the other teams around us.

where we differ is we only average 3.3 on target a game, where as all the other top teams are around 4-5 and Brentford all the way up on 7 sot per game.

They did gift us the goals which won us the game and we created little more than that. But sucking the life out of us? Is the atmosphere really worse than it has been in the Championship for us in the past 10 years?

Yes sucking the life out of us.  There are people, even on here, who have zero enthusiasm for us right now.  Why do you think that is?  It's not results is it.

The atmosphere tonight was garbage.  People who were there will know exactly what I'm talking about.  Even the South stand was relatively quiet, for them anyway.

I'm not doubting the atmosphere wasn't very good. I'm just saying it sounds like a bit of a stretch to say he's sucking the life out of us. Was the atmosphere just as bad in the other home games or was this substantially worse (i.e. because of the performance)? I can't say I recall anyone talking about how noticeably awful the atmosphere has been in our other home games where we've probably earned the points more than we did last night.

also I was looking at some stats yesterday and while I haven't been able to look into detail yet (in terms of "quality" of shots) we actually average 13 shots a game almost, which is around the same level as Leeds and the other teams around us.

where we differ is we only average 3.3 on target a game, where as all the other top teams are around 4-5 and Brentford all the way up on 7 sot per game.

Hear what you say but we are only behind Leeds in terms of goals scored and level with Brentford.

Last night's highlights show we should probably have won 3-0 now who can complain about that indeed who really can complain about any sort of win.

What I will say is that not scoring for a period of time is the concern though the goalless draw against Leeds was deemed to be a great result, the Norwich game hopefully was just a place never to be visited again in terms of performances.

All we need to do is to ensure is that we take opportunities as and when they come in more of a clinical way.

Also and in all honesty who does not feel a bit better about the game if we score first I know I do!