oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton 2-0 ( Saville, Assombalonga)

Just to try to take some of the flack, I don't attend games anymore. But I still have an opinion.

I own a season ticket and friends and family use it.

Most could guess why but to make if clear I am not a pulis fan. I did the same when strachan was in charge. I didn't like his philosophy and I don't like pulis', whether that brings good results or not. And I refuse to boo so I vote with my feet (daft I know as I have paid for the ticket!!). However, he has got us winning so I believe he deserves the support of those turning up.

As it happens I do prefer entertaining football to great results. Give me juninho Emerson and ravanelli in a season with less wins any day of the week.

But I understand people's opinions of win at any cost.

What were your views on Karanka's football? Curious.

Hated 4-2-3-1. Hated how defensive it seemed having 2 defensive midfielders solely protecting 4 defenders. However he did play some players who excited (Gaston the obvious one).

It was defensive minded but rarely mind numbing. This set up for me is another level. Which is a shame because we have actually played some decent stuff when we played 3-5-2 with the wingbacks providing width and wing providing guile in the middle. The speed at which he has thrown this away is the most worrying thing for me.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to try to take some of the flack, I don't attend games anymore. But I still have an opinion.

I own a season ticket and friends and family use it.

Most could guess why but to make if clear I am not a pulis fan. I did the same when strachan was in charge. I didn't like his philosophy and I don't like pulis', whether that brings good results or not. And I refuse to boo so I vote with my feet (daft I know as I have paid for the ticket!!). However, he has got us winning so I believe he deserves the support of those turning up.

As it happens I do prefer entertaining football to great results. Give me juninho Emerson and ravanelli in a season with less wins any day of the week.

But I understand people's opinions of win at any cost.

What were your views on Karanka's football? Curious.

Hated 4-2-3-1. Hated how defensive it seemed having 2 defensive midfielders solely protecting 4 defenders. However he did play some players who excited (Gaston the obvious one).

It was defensive minded but rarely mind numbing. This set up for me is another level. Which is a shame because we have actually played some decent stuff when we played 3-5-2 with the wingbacks providing width and wing providing guile in the middle. The speed at which he has thrown this away is the most worrying thing for me.

Personally I hate the 532/352 formation, but it was effective for a couple of games. It isn’t any more, the CBs are just hoofing it forward and there is no one with enough guile to do anything with it.

Ok we don’t fanny about in midfield anymore, which got tedious under AK and Monk, but we still have this annoying habit of winning possession, running out of ideas and constantly passing back to Randolph, only for him to welly it up field.

It certainly isn’t pretty and I certainly wouldn’t pay to watch it, 20,000 odd people stilll do, but they don’t seem particularly enthused by it.