oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston (a) (Carabao Cup ) 2-2 (Fletcher, Tavanier) 4-3 pens + 4th round draw

Are you tired of Championship strikers cluttering up your net with their balls?

Do you get that sinking feeling when you look at the 'Goals Against' column?

Is your goalkeeper feeling lonely in his penalty area, and needs at least 9 team mates to keep him company in there?

Your solution is just around the corner, thanks to PulisCo, as we present Tony P's Cleaner Than Clean Sheets

FXgjbnR.jpg  

Yes, with this innovative new product, you'll be counting the zeroes in no time. Marvel as Tony P's secret formula keeps your goal empty of troublesome footballs.

Watch with amazement as your defence becomes tighter than Jamie Redknapp's trousers*

As ever with PulisCo products, don't take our word for it, but listen to our satisfied customers:

"Goodness me, Tony P's Cleaner Than Clean Sheets™ have changed my life. They are so comfortable, I may never cross the halfway line again!" - Adam C, Harrogate

"I'm quite frankly amazed. I'm so happy with my Cleaner Than Clean Sheets™, and all my teammates are hanging around my penalty area *ALL THE TIME* just to see them. Except Britt, I'm not sure what that guy's problem is" - Darren R, Wynyard

"A bit overrated, if I'm honest. I showed a girl my Cleaner Than Clean Sheets™ in the hope that I could score, but she wasn't impressed. I think it's pretty clear that nobody will be scoring at the Riverside this season" - Martin B, Middlesbrough

"Are you f***ing kidding me? This guy has nicked another one of my ideas. I should sue for theft of intellectual property" - Aitor K, Nottingham

Please complete our customer survey below:

Who comes in for the cup game?

Would you play a strong team to try things out for the league?

Is it time for the original clean sheet king Dimi to return?

Who would win between Karanka's promotion team and the 2018 Pulis vintage?  

*Side effects include loss of goals at the other end of the pitch, a lack of creativity, a loss of atmosphere, increased anger in fans, a lowering in the number of players that want to play for you and an increasing reliance on Ryan Shotton as an attacking outlet. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd stick to the formula of changing things up, this should be a good competitive game to test our 2nd string:

Lonergan

Wood Batth Fry

McNair Wing Besic Tavernier McQueen

Chapman

Gestede

It's a bit frustrating not being able to put out a team with McNair in midfield without killing Shotton's legs, mind. I really want to see what he can do there. I guess we could go 4 at the back and stick someone like Fry or Wood at RB:

Lonergan

Fry Wood Batth McQueen

McNair Besic Wing

Chapman Gestede Tavernier

Karanka and Pulis would play out a 0-0, as they did at the Hawthornes in 2016.

Love it Tom.

Pulis already confirmed he was going to do pretty much a full team swap for the cup, so I'm not even going to try and guess.

I like to think the Kranky promotion team would win. There were some quality players in that team.

Good op Tom

Think we will have enough to get through PNE are in no great shakes at the moment.

One thing will not surprise me in that we will probably be more adventurous and I so hope Wing puts on a man of the match show.

Glad it will be over on the day

Great opener  :funny:

Should be able to put out quite a decent rotated team:

Lonergan

Wood, Fry, Batth, McQueen

McNair, Besic, Wing

Chapman, Gestede, Tavernier

Has there ever been a more nailed on 0-0 than Pulis v Krankie... as someone else pointed out they already have drawn 0-0 once. A truly shocking game and was on TV if I remember right.

GK Lonergan

RB Spence

LB McQueen

CB Fry

CB Baath

RW Tavernier

LW Chapman

DM Clayton

CM McNair

AM Wing

CF Gestede

This looks like a very interesting selection for me, although I suspect that Pulis will go 3-5-2 for this one as it's a bit more solid and we're away from him fielding lots of changes. Think we will see Hugill start. Could be interesting to see Fletcher alongside him. Is Chapman back from injury?

The likes of McNair, Batth, Fry, McQueen, Besic, Wing, Tavernier and Chapman all need game time to get closer to the level of match fitness of the first team players, so Pulis will be pleased to have an opportunity to give the majority of them 90 minutes against PNE without the risk of it being a Championship game. Giving them all game time will surely help us maintain consistency of performance levels when injuries and suspensions inevitably strike. I think Leadbitter will probably play the holding midfield role as, aside from Clayton, we don't really have a sitting midfielder. Tavernier and Chapman aren't the most physical so, if they both start, I think they'll greatly benefit from a targetman like Hugill to play off.

I think we'll start with(4-3-3/4-5-1): Lonergan; McNair, Batth, Fry, McQueen; Leadbitter, Besic, Wing; Tavernier, Hugill, Chapman.

That quality in defence and midfield of that second string team is very impressive - I can't think of another Championship team being able to put out a second string defence and midfield like that.