oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston (a) (Carabao Cup ) 2-2 (Fletcher, Tavanier) 4-3 pens + 4th round draw

Play the kids, give them experience, give some of the lads that are a little rusty a game, Besic, Hugill etc. and the jobs a good un.

Result wise I wouldn't have thought TP will shed many tears if we lost.......

We have quite a few senior players that need gametime though. McNair, Batth, McQueen, Leadbitter, Tav, Chapman, Fletcher and to an extend Fry who has sat out in recent weeks. Add to that Gestede coming back, Hugill hasn't played much this season and neither has Besic. Plenty of decent first team players available who we need to keep fresh. We will have a lot of players out there tonight that would probably walk into Prestons first 11.

What did Wing do wrong? ;)

Was just about to come back and say I'd forgotten Wing. Surely he starts too.

-------------Lonergan--------------

------Batth-Fry-Academy lad-----

McNair--------------------McQueen

-----------------Besic----------------

-------Wing-------------Tav---------

----------Hugill--Fletcher-----------

You don't think maybe Leadbitter will play as holding?

I suspect that he will but I'd rather have Besic in there and I don't think Besic is starting at Hull with Clayton, Howson and Saville likely to start again.

Oh, and I saw on FMTTM that some Chinese broadcaster is showing all the Carabao games, so maybe there will be a stream although I doubt it.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt there will be a link for this, possibly goals as they go in on Sky Sports News but it'll probably just be the televised ones tonight and tomorrow, unless there's some on around the world. Hasn't been a link for the last 2.

would be great to get into the next round which I believe are the quarter final stages? maybe the round before the q/f

3rd round tonight, then 4th round, then the quarter finals.

I wonder what round we'd have to get to before we field a first choice team... quarters probably.

UTB.

I’m one of those who actually cares about tonight. We have enough players to justify a cup run and looking at the lineups in the cup so far it’s been a blessing and not a distraction. It’s great that players like McNair, Batth, Fry, McQueen Wing, Tav, Fletcher, Gestede can get some much needed competitive first team action while

A young player like Wood gets game time along seasoned pros.

Yeah to be fair im more interested in seeing how we get on tonight too. In the shear hope that one of the fringe players can provide some effective excitement to the point where they can't be ignored and can come in and reinvigorate our stagnated starting 11 to something worth watching. I can dream!

Yeah to be fair im more interested in seeing how we get on tonight too. In the shear hope that one of the fringe players can provide some effective excitement to the point where they can't be ignored and can come in and reinvigorate our stagnated starting 11 to something worth watching. I can dream!

you mean like Wing and Tavernier did against Millwall..

Has worked out well for them since.

Big game for McQueen he needs to put the pressure on Friend, big game for McNair at RWB he impressed me there for NI let's see if he does the same and Fletcher/Crock should be dangerous enough from crosses.

Bizarre midfield though Tavernier/Wing are attacking midfielders we're putting an awful lot on Leadboots to hold the shape and control their counter attacks.