oneBoro Forum

A Vikings Tale

42405842_462838190873376_6712515502570209280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&oh=76dcca8977525e8818f8e5476d359037&oe=5C60F17A

For those who would have an interest in our raids on England, please keep reading.

What a wonderful holiday we just had, me and Tatiana, where we spent one week in the North East. 

We stayed at The Longlands Hotel. It was cheap and you get what you pay for. This holiday was designed for all day experiences, so all we needed was a bed and a shower and for that purpose, the Longlands is quite alright and we would come again. 

After being a Boro fan for 25 years, it was quite cool finally to be there, in the city of which I have read a lot about and followed for so long. 

Day 1 was spent driving from Edinburgh to Teesside via Hartlepool. I had to see that place, as my father used to be a fisherman, who harbored there on a few occasions. After that I had my picture taken at the battle ground by the Riverside.

Day 2 was a non drive day, where we explored all the shops in the local town centre. 

Day 3 had us driving to Whitby, a beautiful place, where we had some nice Fish and Chips  at Mr. Chips, recommended  by D.Z. That evening we watched a dull game of football, where Boro won 2-0 against Bolton. After the game I had a chat with SarumiteLostinDarlo, a nice guy who does detailed commentary every home game for people with bad eye sight. He gave me a detailed team sheet, with all bookings, scorers, subs and more, which is a nice souvenir for my first ever visit at The Riverside! 

Day 4 saw us getting really wet and cold, as we gave the middle finger to the rain and walked around the historic York; a beautiful old town, but oh boy the traffic there is terrible, driving in a rented car with a stick on the wrong side of the road! :omg: :cheese:

Day 5 was spent on horse trekking in Boltby. Tatiana was riding, while I grabbed a coffee and a relaxed day in Thirsk of all places. 

Day 6, The meet up day, started with a nice brunch at The Six Medals, which we plundered 4 times on our small holiday, followed by a really enjoyable meeting with Jimmy, Boro Unger, Down South, Blanco and Red Rocket. I had a good time and it was really nice meeting you all! I would recommend others to go to any future meetings! 

After that awesome meet up, we joined the South Stand and the Red Army, singing and shouting, as we watched a better game, than the previous, with no goals, as I predicted in the league btw! Good atmosphere with a lot of swearing, especially at the ref, who did a terrible job in the first half, according to the South Stand! 

The Boro Shop was raided and plundered after the game and we bought  some really nice items, including a replica ***ens shirt, a kit for my daughter, a dogbowl, stickers, more clothes and whatever we could stick in our suitcases. We spent 190 pounds in there, so you might imagine, the loot we had to carry back to viking territory. 

As you can see on the picture above, we ran into Martin Braithwaite, who I had a good chat with; native viking tongue indeed, which he wasn't used to talk in this new conquered land of his; Meadow land directly translated. 

Fear nothing, the guy is really really cool and he has his heart in it and enjoys playing for the Boro, no matter what some journos might fabric. 

His exact words was, that he is fully dedicated to do his best, to help getting the Boro promoted, which he saw as mighty possible, as he rated Pulis' team as the best in the Championchip. 

He kinda offered to give us a ride to The Longlands, but we had a table reserved at The Medals for one last feast, before an early morning take off back to Denmark!

Sonni aka SmogDane

I bet MB was delighted to see and speak to you, Sonni. Nice of him to offer you a lift back to the Longlands (which as a side-note I'm glad to hear hasn't descended below the standards of 25 years ago)!

Really good read, glad to hear you had a great time, mate.

Good to see you had a cracking week in the north-east, I enjoyed following your story on Instagram. Shame I couldn't make it up to meet you, but with work, holiday and illness, I've actually now been to less home games than you have this season!

Hope you manage to make it back some day.

Hopefully we see you back at the Riverside soon - maybe you can bring some Gammel Dansk or Arnbitter next time ?

Fixed that for you :D

Fixed that for you!

Well said Nics, Smogdane and Downsouth did have an entertaining conversation about Gammel Dansk on Saturday. Something I had never heard of but definitely will be trying in the near future due to their recommendations

Only try Gammel Dansk in small sips though Blanco and I did say "try"

Am certain Borodane got a laugh at a few of us that tried it when he came over for the play of finals.

Am sure ETO Trekkers NB4 BoroGadgey and a few others will concur about the long term effects of trying the stuff