oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull City Tigers (a) 1-1 (Assombolonga)

He did say he will be utilizing the squad over the next few games so we might see Mcnair/Mcqueen etc in the team tomorrow. I have a feeling Howson might be on the bench, Pulis has mentioned him looking tired at the end of the last 2 games so he might drop to the bench.

Maybe he’s not been able to rest howson because wings been out ill.

I think Wing being ill explains a lot. I hope he’s back in the squad today. He offers something different to all our other midfielders. Would like to see McNair play but expect that perhaps at Ipswich. Same for McQueen - rest those who play today who have played all season - Friend, Shotton, Clayton.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a week since our last game and not long ago there was an international break and there is one coming up in October. I don’t think anyone needs resting atm. We focus on this game and play our strongest and then reevaluate for the next game to see if anyone is tired after today as it’s only three days rest. We have to play Clayton and Howson as they have arguably been our best midfielders this season.

I agree, I don't think anyone needs a rest right now. They've had it this week. If anyone gets into the squad today, it should be on the basis of performing well at Preston, not because the lad in front needs a breather. We certainly haven't played the last 3 league games with the same intensity and high pressing we played the opening games with so I don't really understand the call for resting just yet.

We certainly haven't played the last 3 league games with the same intensity and high pressing we played the opening games with so

Maybe they are tired and need a rest ?

What, after a 2 week international break for most of them? :upside_down:

532 with a targetman upfront for Britt to play off instead of MB, interesting also interesting to not see Fletcher on the bench guess we'll see him in a month. I don't know how to put this but do we really need Batth and Fry on the bench? The same bench as McNair who could cover CB if we lose 2 CBs in a game it's just bizarre if we are losing/drawing late in the game the only change from that bench is MB he's took a massive risk with himself and that bench in my opinion here's hoping the XI get the win.

Randolph

Ayala Flint Friend

Shotton Clayton McQueen

Howson Saville

Assombalonga Hugill

Subs: Dimi, Batth, Fry, McNair, Besic, Downing, Braithwaite

No Tav or Wing in the squad, but I'd say that is some pretty positive changes. No Braithwaite or Downing means we might lack a final ball but hopefully being back to wing-backs and having Shotton and McQueen providing deliveries on either side will help us. McQueen certainly put a few good crosses in the other night, earned his place in the side by doing so too which is great to see.

Interesting line up.. be good to see Britt and Hugill together and see if there’s something there. Looking forward to Hugill showing us what he’s about as I haven’t seen much from him so far.

Good see McQueen given a chance too, he’s looked alright with his cameo performances so far.

Agree with what someone said above though, no need to have both Batth and Fry on bench when McNairs there too. Would have liked to have seen Wing or Fletcher on bench as I think they’ve both earnt it.