oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

Top scorer and Gammel Dansk!

Pulis has in public made a comment for the strikers to step up and go get 20 goals a season!

But - Who will be our top goal scorer this season? 

I will bring a bottle of nice Gammel Dansk (Old Danish) the next time, I visit the riverside, to the member on here who get's the name of the player and number of goals correct! 

If the winner is not going to the game, when I return to the North East, the runner up will get the prize, and so on. 

Go predict, you awesome Boro fans!  (We only count league games) [EDIT] (answers must be given before the next International break)

gd__website_shareimg__1280x1280-retina__FORSIDE.jpg

(never like others)

Assombalonga with 14 goals.

(Are we counting Cup games?)

League games Only, thank you. I just made an edit ;) 

Cheers

Britt, 16

But I think it might be Mr January if we make a decent signing.

Britt top scorer with 15.

No striker would get 20 goals playing for Pulis though.

To be fair, when did any player score 20 goals a season for us?

Not sure what that has to do with Pulis being *** poor at getting the best out of strikers?

Probably Ravanelli to answer your question. Although there's a few which have been close or would have if not for various reasons.

Was thinking the same thing after the comments made yesterday. It's been bloody ages since anyone reached 20 goals for us. Bamford, Yakubu, Emnes, Hasselbaink, Viduka... they all came close but never hit the 20. I got into football in 2004, I don't think I've ever seen us with an actual 20 goal striker.

It's hardly Pulis's fault if our strikers miss golden chances. Personally I agree with him, if he's saying that we're not clinical enough.

Britt, 14 goals.

and for what it's worth while there's an argument that pulis strikers won't score 20, I think there's also an argument that our strikers do miss chances they should score when we do create them, and pulis can't do much about that.

I think you are right Brunners, we create plenty of chances that are better than the archetype 'half-chance' where you think that a more focused striker might score. Now maybe they don't because they are knackered from running around chasing lost causes at times, but certainly we should be scoring more goals that we currently do.

Oh well expected. Top of the league for 15 mins and it felt good. Watching the Ryder cup it’s really good viewing.

Under Pulis I don’t think 20 is achievable. We have a gaol difference of 8 which is not a comfortable figure if you measure a team on its potential.