oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

Top scorer and Gammel Dansk!

Britt top scorer with 15.

No striker would get 20 goals playing for Pulis though.

To be fair, when did any player score 20 goals a season for us?

Was thinking the same thing after the comments made yesterday. It's been bloody ages since anyone reached 20 goals for us. Bamford, Yakubu, Emnes, Hasselbaink, Viduka... they all came close but never hit the 20. I got into football in 2004, I don't think I've ever seen us with an actual 20 goal striker.

Ravanelli is our all time single season PL goalscorer with 16 in 96/97. Considering he scored a fair few goals in both cups he easily scored more than 20 in all competitions that season.

Edit, - Just checked, 31 goals in all competitions!

Britt top scorer with 15.

No striker would get 20 goals playing for Pulis though.

To be fair, when did any player score 20 goals a season for us?

Was thinking the same thing after the comments made yesterday. It's been bloody ages since anyone reached 20 goals for us. Bamford, Yakubu, Emnes, Hasselbaink, Viduka... they all came close but never hit the 20. I got into football in 2004, I don't think I've ever seen us with an actual 20 goal striker.

Ravanelli is our all time single season PL goalscorer with 16 in 96/97. Considering he scored a fair few goals in both cups he easily scored more than 20 in all competitions that season.

Edit, - Just checked, 31 goals in all competitions!

I won £600 that year I bet on Ravanelli to score more than 30 goals in all comps that season.My local bookmaker in Tonbridge Wells was not a happy bunny he gave me 30/1. 

I must have been the only Boro supporter in that area at the time. 

Happy days.

I expect you’d have to go back to George Camsell to find a prolific Boro striker.

Camsell/ Elliot and Clough were all before my time but  I had the honour of watching Big John put many away in my years supporting Boro at  Ayresome Park.

The strikers we have had since those days apart from The White Feather would not been good enough to clean Hickton's boots.

Maybe Slaven if he had been at Boro longer just over 300 appearances and just over 100 goals now that ain't bad.

I expect you’d have to go back to George Camsell to find a prolific Boro striker.

Can’t remember the figures but wasn’t Yak fairly prolific considering we were a mid table team

I think Hasselbaink and Yakubu both managed about 35 goals each in their respective 2 seasons at the club. Viduka had an injury hit first season but I think he managed the same in his last 2 seasons. Think the Yak got 19 before or up to February in his first year but then didn't score again until 06/07. He was pretty much an after-thought in the last few games of the UEFA Cup.

I think Hasselbaink and Yakubu both managed about 35 goals each in their respective 2 seasons at the club. Viduka had an injury hit first season but I think he managed the same in his last 2 seasons. Think the Yak got 19 before or up to February in his first year but then didn't score again until 06/07. He was pretty much an after-thought in the last few games of the UEFA Cup.

I seem to remember quite a bit of rotation those seasons between the likes of Viduka Jimmy massimo and Yak. Think 3 of those were capable of 20 goal seasons.

Didn't Ricard have a couple surprisingly good seasons in the prem aswell?

Britt - 17 goals.

Jeg vil gerne have en Arnbitter i stedet, og du kan bare smide den af i København.

Britt - 17 goals.

Jeg vil gerne have en Arnbitter i stedet, og du kan bare smide den af i København.

That would be cheating Nics, you can't have an Arnbitter and you have to travel over to the Riverside. None of this "drop it off in Copenhagen" stuff if you please.  :D