oneBoro Forum

Boro v Pborough

Got to be happy with a win. McManus and Wheater seem to be jelling well. Thing are looking better. Not a great performance but I'd take 1-0 all season.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugly win, but, win ugly win pretty, it's still 3 points and I'll take the rest of the games left as ugly wins......that's what the Skunks have always seemed good at doing, grinding out a win even when they don't play well...........I'll settle for that.......well done LS, you win a cigar:D

Game gone 3 points won next two away games are very important in terms of cementing our position Blackpool away next (is that midweek?) we owe them one and Forest a hard game to win so we must be really hard to beat

Good win today, not quite the walkover most of us were predicting, but with a new manager and needing every point they can find, teams like Posh aren't that easy to play against.

Couple of toughies coming up, but both Blackpuddle and Forest have faltered in the last few games, I think a win and a draw are possibilities... hopefully it'll be at Forest cos I haven't seen the Boro win for bloody ages! :D

Sorry to say that Josh Walker did himself no favours today. Hope he does get better but with this being the bottom team things dont look good for him.

Strachan's comments tell you he was far from satisfied with the performance.Josh Walker looked out of his depth,Lee Miller looked like a right donkey but particular words of praise for Flood and Robson who carried the team over the line along with the two centre halves.My man of the match was Robson who was outstanding from start to finish.

I agree about Robson, flood, mcmanus, Coyne and wheater being the best on the pitch. Josh walker said on radio that he was playing for his next team as implied he would be moving on ?

Thought McDonald had a mare of a game - didn't look as sharp as on Tuesday night?

As said already it's the 3 points that count !

Sorry to say that Josh Walker did himself no favours today. Hope he does get better but with this being the bottom team things dont look good for him.

Hey I know lets start a thread and kick the youngsters..:@:@:@

First start in over a year and you want Walker to be one of the best on the field.

Post like above make my blood boil.

These kids have a great deal of pressure on them when they actually walk on the field and yes you can say well if they ain't ready why select them.Some take to it like fish to water some take time to mature into good or great players.

Please don't expect every one of our youngsters to be brill from the off.

Really Vinboro give the kids a chance there are going to be games over the next few seasons where this kid maybe M.O.M but there are also games like yesterday where he will find it hard.

I think Strachan will fetch the youth on in the coming seasons..

Patience is needed by us fans and we should'nt be judging them on a few games.

I think I heard it correctly yesterday when the goal came from Robbo, the build upto it was done by the youngsters.

I hope he stays and does'nt move on as he implied yesterday.

One good thing about this is that GS did not shy away from being critical about performances and though he did not actually name names he certainly implied who was not doing their job and that included a mixture of youth and experienced players. How many times previously did our players attitude against supposed smaller teams became their downfall?....many times and therefore if GS eleminates this then I am all for it and I am now believing that GS2 can do a good job for us

well sometimes managers defend their plagers when talking to the media. Wenger, Fergusson, Mourinho, you will never hear them say that one of their player was bad. They keep that behind close doors. Thats the way it should be. No good will come form bashing players in the media.

ofc I agree that GS should be honest and say that the performance was crap (in a team way) when it was, so thats good :)

well that can be dealt with behind doors, then the players will also know it. He dident single out any players this time and I don't think he will because he is experienced enough to know the damage that can be done by media.

Personally I would not bashed the team after a win either lol not in the open, but thats me.

I still remember McClarens famous words when he was here, "I am not here to entertain", the results spoke for him not the football :)