oneBoro Forum

Boro v Pborough

LS I understand your comments which is unusual for me lol!!! but GS has to walk a fine line and as a fan at least I feel reassured that he is taking our feelings on board. If at any stage during a game their is open disapproval of the what is happening on the pitch from the fans then it has to be addressed and he is doing that...he is recognising that we have our opinions and if he feels and sees what we see then its good that he has acknowledged that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I am surprised at the criticism of some players.This was Josh's first game in about a year,he was bound to be a bit ring rusty.Flood had a good game but even he looked tired before the end.

Robson was super.Overall a fair result when you think of all the new additions settling in and getting used to the pace.Plus 2 matches a week,when some have not been playing in the 1st for a while.

Win ugly & get 3 points.Gareth's team would have given up.These lads want to play for the shirt!!

I went to the match yesterday and this is my take on it.

We started off very lively and it must have taken Posh 15 minutes before they even got into our box.Franks had a great first Half,Robson was brilliant all match (but he needs to watch himself with the bookings), Flood was everywhere and the lad just never gives in,if you watch him throughout the match he must cover every blade of grass.Wheater and McManus looks like a good partnership.Walker didnt impress and neither did young Joe Bennett.McDonald disappointed me a lot,which I was surprised at considering his performance on Tuesday against barnsley.

Overall .. First half was a good performance,2nd half was very scrappy,they sat back too much and they gave the ball away far too many times especially Bennett.Franks did great on the left.3 points and a workmanlike performance.

The away fans (Downsouth) IMO were disappointing,I hardly heard them sing and there wasnt a lot of them there.

The Boro fans started moaning quite badly in the second half (I was in the West stand).

3 points in the bag and we won without playing well (which can't be a bad thing).

I thought Wheater was MoM and McManus, Robson and Flood all played well too. Franks caused their right back problems throughout and I could hear Coyne bellowing at the defence all game which is also a positive. On a more disappointing note, Miller offered nothing and I expected more of McDonald (let's just hope it was an off day or as a result of his lack of games).

I think the next two away games may be crucial for us and will tell us know exactly where we stand in this division. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks VB this confirms what I previously mentioned about falling attendances mind you with Pboro going down it should have been an ideal time for their fans to make a trip to grounds they have never been to???

I know its cost and distance travelled and i dont suppose we will see a big away following until u know who comes to town and they could account for for a fifth of the crowd on the day

Downsouth ... As you know the Riverside is not a cheap place to go and watch a Championship match.Ive been a season ticket holder for a longtime but this season I refused to renew.My family have retained 2 of the seats though so Ill normally use one of those tickets if they are not being used but yesterday I paid to be in the Lower West Stand but £26 is a bit steep IMO.

Ive read on here somebody say there was 500 Posh fans there, tbh it looked less than that to me.