• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

i predict we will have 9 men sitting deep and 1 all alone. or 8 really deep and 2 all alone. i also predict we wont really look like we want to score are are even bothered about trying to score unless we are getting beat and its the last 15 minutes of the game.

i predict we will have 9 men sitting deep and 1 all alone. or 8 really deep and 2 all alone. i also predict we wont really look like we want to score are are even bothered about trying to score unless we are getting beat and its the last 15 minutes of the game.

dont realy care aslong as we win.....

OK I think as a positive fan I'll put this out there. I can't comment on either Norwich or Hull as I didn't see either game but I will accept that we mustn't have played very well due to the comments on here. Lets look at the other games played to date:

Millwall away 2-2 This was a good result as we came back from 2 down with only 3 minutes of normal time left.

Sheff Utd home 3-0 win. At the time this was not deemed a good result as people on here put it down that Sheff Ut were rubbish. They are currently 4th with the same points as us.

Birmingham home 1-0 win. Again this was a poor result because Brum were rubbish. They have only lost twice in 10 games.

Bristol City away 2-0 win. Again this was a poor result because BC were rubbish. They are currently only 1 point off the play offs or 5 points from the top.

WBA at home 1-0 win. This seems by consensus on here to be our only good result because they are top. A whole point ahead of us.

Leeds away 0-0 draw. They were unbeaten at the time and we were by far the superior team IMO.

Norwich away 1-0 loss. I didn't see it. Our only loss of the season to date against a team that are currently fifth only 3 points from top.

Bolton home 2-0 win. People saw it as a dull game but I saw a comfortable three points in the bag against a team that were punching above their weight at the time.

Swansea home 0-0 draw. We were the better team against a side who just came down and have a lot of premier league players still in their squad. Currently 7th only 4 points off the top.

Hull away 1-1 draw. This is possibly our only realistic disappointing result of the season so far due to their current position and the fact that we scored first in the game.

The above shows very little to be pessimistic about. If viewed with a realistic head it makes good reading. We are doing well and will continue to do so under our very well experienced manager.

Besic in for Clayton. Gestede on the bench, still no Tav/Wing/Chapman/Fletcher in the squad. Not sure why we need Batth, Fry and Mcnair but that's been done to death already.

Looks like 3 centre backs to me especially with 2 of them on the bench. I expect Downing to play LWB.

The last time Downing and Braithwaite played, think we played a sort of 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Downing and Braithwaite on the left and right respectively. And given Tony's preference to have this fluid formation, I think at times you might be right and we will go to a 3/5 at the back with Shotton and Downing on the sides, I can't remember if that was the case the last time we played but considering Downing and Braithwaite both seem to operate better from the opposite wings they will likely play on, where they actually start could tell us a lot about whether it is a proper 4-3-3 or a fluid 5-3-2/4-5-1.

Of course, it could also go into a 4-4-2 with Howson operating on the wing as I'm pretty sure that's how we played at times on Saturday, McQueen playing left-wing and not wing-back because George was still getting up the pitch before the subs were made.

The irony is that there's been no real fluidity to our play since we changed from the relatively static 3-5-2 and the entire machine has gone backwards.