oneBoro Forum

Boro V Ipswich (A) 2-0 (Besic, Downing)

For future reference and to save me a bit of time could someone do me the favour and ‘Cut & Paste’ the following into any future matchday threads please

If we win:

‘They were rubbish tonight, we will not get away being that poor again and coming away with the points. Better teams will destroy us’

If we lose:

‘We were rubbish offered nothing forward, sat back to much invited the pressure as we set up not to lose but did anyway’

If we draw:

‘A game we could’ve won but clearly had orders not to press forward. Hope I never see Downing in a Boro shirt again’

Cheers :D

Sorry to say that this pretty much sums up this forum. I put it down to the fact that

Boro have teased us in the not so distant past with Prem football, FA cup finals and even Euro finals.

Bring back the days of the Anglo Scottish cup and Div 2. We were sooo average, but the ground was packed, the pies and Bovril were superb!!!

:cheese:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

easy win, we only won because we were better than them.

so it shouldnt count. we should be fuming pulis out boooo. morons

I'm pleased with the 3 points, but disappointed that we didn't do more to boost our GD while we had the opportunity.  That doesn't mean that I want Pulis out, or that I'm a moron.  

Promotion is the aim this season and we have a manager and players who are capable of achieving it (and I wasn't saying this last Autumn).  An improved goal difference would improve our chances of promotion.  I fully expect West Brom to win their game in hand tomorrow night.  That would put them top and Leeds second.  If the season finished tomorrow then we would miss out on promotion on goal difference, like Brighton did the year we went up.   I don't care how we score goals - they can come from set pieces with us playing hoofball the rest of the time if that's what gets us the wins and goals we need.  Unless we learn to be more ruthless, there is a strong chance of us missing out on either promotion or the playoffs due to other teams having a superior goal difference.

I'd argue again today we created enough chances to have scored 4 or 5. 

Friend had one saved brilliantly and fired one just wide. Howson fired just over. Ayala had one off the line, followed up by Hugill on the line too, then Hugill fired wide when he should have hit the target at the very least. 

Those are just the actual shots we had, there was also McNairs cross at the end that was perfect and we really should have attacked and finally there were about 5 or 6 opportunities IMO where if we play a better ball we're through and creating a golden opportunity. 

This is probably the thing that is most coach-able, but he can't MAKE the players make the right choice or play the right ball. 

I'm still not convinced it's Pulis' fault that we're not clinical enough.

100% agree with this - the clinical finishing thing is a mystery.

Maybe everyone thinks the same about their own team (I don't know... just wondering). However, we definitely created enough tonight to score 4 or 5.

Also I think you missed the Hugill header from your list too Brunners, where Stewy turned on his blind side, and hit a gorgeous cross on the volley without even needing to look up, because he'd already seen where Hugill was. That was total class. Either way, Hugill should probably have scored, but minimum has to hit the target.

I actually don't find us boring to watch either. There's some less good stuff in there at times, but there's some really decent stuff too

yep you're right I did miss that one, but that was an absolute beauty, would have been assist of the season for sure. 

What frustrates me is I don't usually find us boring to watch either; but then we'll come out with a game like Norwich or the first 45 against Hull where I just wonder wtf is going on.

I'm just saying, you're going in hard on one striker and not the other when both of them have their good sides and bad sides. I'd say the evidence so far this season shows Britt has been a better option up front than Hugill and yet Hugill is getting your praise whilst Britt is getting more criticism.

I'm just saying, you're going in hard on one striker and not the other when both of them have their good sides and bad sides. I'd say the evidence so far this season shows Britt has been a better option up front than Hugill and yet Hugill is getting your praise whilst Britt is getting more criticism.

I don’t rate Britt. He supposedly does some things well but at the moment isn’t doing those things that well. Holding the ball up isn’t one of the things he does well.

He often looks like he can’t be bothered to do the thankless tasks and the ball bounces of him constantly .

Hugill. Hasn’t been fit so far. Probably getting close now. He’s not as good at running onto a ball as Britt , or as Britt should be. But his hold up play is better , is he good enough !!! I think we should give him till Christmas before making that judgment .

But just to confirm. Sometimes they do their good things badly and sometimes their bad things well

I don’t rate Britt.   He supposedly does some things well but at the moment isn’t doing those things that well.   Holding the ball up isn’t one of the things he does well.

He often looks like he can’t be bothered to do the thankless tasks and the ball bounces of him constantly .

Hugill.  Hasn’t been fit so far. Probably getting close now.  He’s not as good at running onto a ball as Britt , or as Britt should be. But his hold up play is better , is he good enough !!!   I think we should give him till Christmas before making that judgment .

But just to confirm. Sometimes they do their good things badly and sometimes their bad things well

Britt is a far better player, and that isn't really saying much for Britt's ability, just Hugill's footballing skill is severely lacking.

Britt and Hugill are different types of player, it’s like comparing Saville and Clayton. Britt is a goal scorer that likes the ball in front of him to run onto. Hugill is a target man who gets the ball down and keeps the ball. Britt should score more goals, but Hugill suits Pulis’ tactics better.

What’s important is how the team as a whole function with the players chosen, and unfortunately if Britt isn’t getting the service he’s out of the game. With the 4-5-1, i’d pick Hugill. If we play with two up front, play Braithwaite and Britt.

Hopefully the competition between Britt and Hugill can only improve their performances.

It's an energy sapping role, so can easily see them rotating after 65 minutes each match.

Will be interesting to see how Gestede fits in to the equation when he's match fit.

Probably the same way he fits into any equation, by being horrendous.

My main concern is that if our strikers continue to mis-fire then it's another step closer for one Rudy Gestede..........that's all I'm saying

I’d prefer Gestede to Hugill to be honest.

Was just about to write that.

'They were rubbish tonight, we will not get away being that poor again and coming away with the points. Better teams will destroy us’

See...... this is why we need a like button :D