oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

Boro V Ipswich (A) 2-0 (Besic, Downing)

We really do pass it off the pitch a lot

The passing has been awful, from both teams.

Yep lots of players not able to find their teammates. Extra noticeable after just watching Hoffenheim v City!

Different universe that mate! Virtually every time we've had the ball we've played it back to the back four to lump it aimlessly forward.

I'm not even bothered that we're going to try and play direct anymore because when we're winning that's not going to change. But I'd at least like to see us play to a target and then get around the knock downs and second balls. We're just killing time at the moment.

Hugill has not had a good game does not seem to offer very much

Nearly a third

Ayala has one cleared of the line

What an awful side we are to watch, absolutely awful

Get Hugill off. Stewy did brilliant there. Come on Britt

Seriously Hugill needs to be fourth choice up front. What a poor footballer

FFS. Another great headed chance for Hugill goes begging. Bloody penalty there mind.

Hugill's sliding around is really starting to irritate me every game he throws himself to the floor I don't care if he's a Boro fan or Bart Ogbeche he needs to cut that out I hate seeing it does the team no favours and it's blatant what you're doing.

Britt on. Hugill off

2more goals please

• Latest Posts

• I think it says he has very little ability as a manager and that the players just turn up when they feel like it.
    • Last week was pitiful, 4 striker's and no midfield was a disgrace.  Those tactics aren't acceptable at this or any level of football.  We desperately need more experience and tactical awareness. 
    • We could get thrashed today and Woodgate will still be in charge till the end of the season, work in progress Rome wasn't built in a day, same old BS, .
    • We've played well in, maybe, half a dozen games this season.  We've been lucky in a few.  We've been bad in the majority. Even our little purple patch with MoM was 2 decent performances and a couple of lucky but poor ones. I've made my mind up on what I've seen in the past 35 odd games, which is a lack of tactical nous, an inability to set a team up to attack or defend, and a frequent toing and froing on tactics.  4 at the back, 5 at the back, wingbacks or not, 1 up front t, 2 up front.  4 strikers, no midfield. He gets credit when he earns it - and that means more consistent performances than a random win against West Brom. I think it's daft to think the man deserves any credit from this season whatsoever.  We're dire, and we're lucky there's a few awful teams this year (even if we still can't beat them).  Monk, Strachan, Mowbray - this is as bad as any of them.