oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest 0-2

This is the team I would like to see personally... everyone in that front 7 is technically comfortable on the ball whilst also being high-energy and able to press/defend.

--------------RANDOLPH---------------

-----------AYALA FLINT FRY----------

MCNAIR--------------------DOWNING

------HOWSON BESIC SAVILLE-----

---------BRAITHWAITE BRITT--------

Shotton and Friend drop to the bench as the two worst players in the team with the ball at their feet. They're constantly losing possession and playing others into trouble... and neither can cross. Clayton has done nothing wrong I just feel Besic and Savile can do his work whilst also providing goal/assist threat. Far from perfect but Britt has played better than Hugill from what I've seen.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely like to see McNair play, he whips in a good set piece from what I've seen at Middlesbrough and from watching him play for Northern Ireland. He also puts in low flat crosses at pace into areas that actually trouble defences rather than the looped seemingly aimless balls that inevitably end up out of play that you see from some of our players especially when Shotton hits the byline...

Don't get me wrong I do think Shotton has done well this year, think he'd be good in a back 3, he's surprisingly silky on the ball... just his passing and crossing is shocking.

I'd definitely like to see McNair play, he whips in a good set piece from what I've seen at Middlesbrough and from watching him play for Northern Ireland. He also puts in low flat crosses at pace into areas that actually trouble defences rather than the looped seemingly aimless balls that inevitably end up out of play that you see from some of our players especially when Shotton hits the byline...

Don't get me wrong I do think Shotton has done well this year, think he'd be good in a back 3, he's surprisingly silky on the ball... just his passing and crossing is shocking.

100%... although I think Pulis is happy to accept Shotton's awful crosses and passes in exchange for his height, tackling, and long throws. McNair was put on at RWB on Tuesday though, so maybe he'll get a chance.

This is the team I would like to see personally... everyone in that front 7 is technically comfortable on the ball whilst also being high-energy and able to press/defend.

Shotton and Friend drop to the bench as the two worst players in the team with the ball at their feet. They're constantly losing possession and playing others into trouble... and neither can cross. Clayton has done nothing wrong I just feel Besic and Savile can do his work whilst also providing goal/assist threat. Far from perfect but Britt has played better than Hugill from what I've seen.

If we do play wingbacks then I wouldn't mind seeing this one.

what line up i'd like to see:-

MCNAIR AYALA FLINT FRIEND

----------BESIC SAVILLE

DOWNING--------------BRAITHWAITE

------------HUGILL BRITT

WITH TAV AND WING ON THE BENCH.

What i think we will see:-

shotton ayala flint friend

-----------clayton

----besic saville howson

braithwaite

------------hugill/britt

Downing dropped after his performance on Tuesday?! Surely not

not dropped mate i think rotated in a better word Tuesday then Saturday . play him again so soon might see a drop if quality, got to save the legs hes 34 you know, i'd play him, but suspect tony might rest him.

Like this team a lot! TP are you reading this? only problem is you can't argue against a defense that has let in FOUR goals so far

Am sure Aitor will get a good reaction from the fans, the only thing he got wrong was our PL season.

This to me whilst not TMIGOTS...…...so far! is certainly in the "must win" bracket.

Will be a real boost going into the IB still in top spot (with or without others) and we know that we sometimes suffer afterwards.

Anyone else feel that this is a must win game, I know some will say a must not lose game ?

Like this team a lot! TP are you reading this? only problem is you can't argue against a defense that has let in FOUR goals so far

Ooh I like this team too.. I'd start with this.

Out of curiosity, who gets the armband in that team Macca ? I'd be tempted to give it to Braithwaite, I suspect TP would give it to Downing though.

I don’t think George willl be dropped, not only is he our captain he is ado fundamental to the way we play. If we start with four at the back and want to switch to 5, he can step into the cb role and vice versa.

Out of curiosity, who gets the armband in that team Macca ? I'd be tempted to give it to Braithwaite, I suspect TP would give it to Downing though.

I don’t think George willl be dropped, not only is he our captain he is ado fundamental to the way we play. If we start with four at the back and want to switch to 5, he can step into the cb role and vice versa.

But he still makes too many mistakes both defensively and with the ball. I suppose it come down to how important Pulis and his teammates is for the team because on footballing abilities I don’t think he should be a starter.

I still have nightmares about the 0-0 Pulis vs Karanka match in the prem. Arguably the least entertaining match I've ever seen. 

We now have it again with 2 teams with less quality than the first game. Are we looking at potentially the most boring match in the history of football?

Still look better with wing backs for me, and although not a fan at all Downing has played his way into the starting 11.

Randy

Ayala Flint Fry

Mcnair           Downing

Besic Clayton Howson

Britt Martin

Friend has been godawful, would like to see fry back in and revert to playing how we did with those better performances earlier in the season. Downing always looks better deeper nowadays and Martin always a lot more effective with more of a free role. There's a argument for changes in the midfield 3 but I don't think there's a great deal between any combo of about 6/7 players.

I like this team but I can't see him leaving Shotton out and I expect he will again have us playing 4 at the back. Britt has to start for me, old club and all that.

I still have nightmares about the 0-0 Pulis vs Karanka match in the prem. Arguably the least entertaining match I've ever seen. 

We now have it again with 2 teams with less quality than the first game. Are we looking at potentially the most boring match in the history of football?

Still look better with wing backs for me, and although not a fan at all Downing has played his way into the starting 11.

Randy

Ayala Flint Fry

Mcnair           Downing

Besic Clayton Howson

Britt Martin

Friend has been godawful, would like to see fry back in and revert to playing how we did with those better performances earlier in the season. Downing always looks better deeper nowadays and Martin always a lot more effective with more of a free role. There's a argument for changes in the midfield 3 but I don't think there's a great deal between any combo of about 6/7 players.

I like this team but I can't see him leaving Shotton out and I expect he will again have us playing 4 at the back.  Britt has to start for me, old club and all that.

yes the old club thing worked great at the city ground last year :D

was it 4 one on one misses for him?

that was the game i knew britt was not way worth 15million and will never be good enough for the premier league. he isnt mentally strong enough. hes weak, remember his skied penna last season. weak

Randy

Ayala Flint Fry

Mcnair           Downing

Besic Clayton Howson

Britt Martin

I like this team but I can't see him leaving Shotton out and I expect he will again have us playing 4 at the back.  Britt has to start for me, old club and all that.

yes the old club thing worked great at the city ground last year :D

was it 4 one on one misses for him?

that was the game i knew britt was not way worth 15million and will never be good enough for the premier league. he isnt mentally strong enough. hes weak, remember his skied penna last season. weak

He missed a pen :omg: Iv'e seen Ronaldo miss penalties.