• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Stability with keepers is a huge benefit to any side. Even if there was a keeper who I thought might be better in this division, Randolph has ultimately been so free of flaws for 95% of his game-time that I wouldn't even consider swapping him for anyone else. Money very well spent there.

In terms of negatives, I've always criticised him for his kicking and his general sort of lackadaisical attitude when he's on the ball. He almost seems too calm at times to the point it has driven me mad. You don't even see that kind of calmness with the top division 'ball-playing' keepers all the time.

But when you consider that, with the defence he has in front of him, he so often has to do nothing for long periods of the game, being alive to some of the situations he has had to be on those rare occasions and most of all being able to make the saves he needs to make, puts him right up in the top bracket. If he's not the best in the division, he must surely be in the top 3.

He looks so calm because he's the king of time wasting, if we have a goal lead, even if it's like the 20th minute he'll take as long as humanly possible to get rid of the ball.

He doesn't just do it when we're winning though, which only emphasises the point. He is just too calm for my liking, sometimes! Though to be fair to him, I don't think there are many occasions it has come to bite us in the ***.

You just expect him to save anything that isnt hit well in a corner. like pears, crap at kicking but fast on his feet, great shot stopper and also excellent at one on ones.

i feel reassured with him in there. that snap shot that came through the crowd from chalobah at PR, i thought dazza has got this, then bam you see him palm it round the post. class keeper, lonergan or dimi in goal its back to 2-1.

Stability with keepers is a huge benefit to any side. Even if there was a keeper who I thought might be better in this division, Randolph has ultimately been so free of flaws for 95% of his game-time that I wouldn't even consider swapping him for anyone else. Money very well spent there.

In terms of negatives, I've always criticised him for his kicking and his general sort of lackadaisical attitude when he's on the ball. He almost seems too calm at times to the point it has driven me mad. You don't even see that kind of calmness with the top division 'ball-playing' keepers all the time.

But when you consider that, with the defence he has in front of him, he so often has to do nothing for long periods of the game, being alive to some of the situations he has had to be on those rare occasions and most of all being able to make the saves he needs to make, puts him right up in the top bracket. If he's not the best in the division, he must surely be in the top 3.

He looks so calm because he's the king of time wasting, if we have a goal lead, even if it's like the 20th minute he'll take as long as humanly possible to get rid of the ball.

Just for your info... There is no such thing as time wasting when we have the lead. It’s called seeing the game out. It demonstrates our professionalism and discipline

However...

Other teams do time waste when they are winning against us and it’s a deplorable and pathetic aspect of their cheating gamesmanship

#scientificfact :)

I'm quite shocked he's stuck with the same team today. Also, Clayton in for Fry shows where Fry sits in the battle for centre-back, assuming he's not just left early for England duty.

Result wise and looking at our opponent, I think, it's fair with the same eleven.

I would like to see Wing and Tav .. But I am not the manager.

I hope Hugill will come good today and maybe be match winner, cause I think he could be ok, if he played with confidence.

I think some of his "bad" play is because he wants it too much... He really really wants to show, that he is good, which makes him play worse.

If you are desperate at getting something, you might distance yourself from that thing, cause of the desperation...

So give the lad a break and some luck and he will come good.

If Randz drops today, I blame this forum, for talking that into reality :D

Enjoy the game, fellow Boro fans <3

would rather had seen Assombalonga instead of Hugill and why is Friend still in the starting 11?

Because he's the captain on the pitch and not been anywhere near as bad as people have suggested when at left-back?

I'm also not convinced McQueen is ever going to oust him whilst part of our plan involves swapping between 3 and 4 at the back on a whim because he doesn't seem like the right build for a centre-back. Unless we start playing with out-and-out wing-backs again, McQueen is going to struggle to challenge Friend for a starting spot.