• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that starts with Hugill is pretty suspect as a manager in my books. Even Moyes only gave him 22 mins when he was in charge at West Ham, I’m certain he only signed him due to his Preston connections.

A bad result today, AK’s side deserved the points, second worse performance of the season from us.

AK has outdone Pulis today. There is only negative things to say today. Downing the only one who come out with positive remarks. Pulis needs to take a long hard look at himself but I don’t suspect that he will change anything. Just get us promoted and then get the hell out of the club.

Struggling to have a rant. It's the quality of football and the kind of results I expected from the start of the season. Pleasantly surprised by the start of the season but always expected the slide and still expect mid table.

Imagining TP must have watched a few of the early season games, noticed we were slightly entertaining and decided we can't be having that!!!

Next 5 league games are

Shef wed (a)

Rotherham (h)

Derby (h)

Stoke (a)

Wigan (h)

How many points to keep Pulis his job? (Putting performances aside)

We could get 0 points and Pulis will still have his job, talk about knee-jerk.

Next 5 league games are

Shef wed (a)

Rotherham (h)

Derby (h)

Stoke (a)

Wigan (h)

I don’t think Pulis is in any immediate danger of losing his job.

Not sure, he was brought in to get results and Southgate was let go after underperforming. Gibson does tend to pull the trigger in october (strachen, Southgate,Mowbray). Probably depends how much of this dross Gibson has had to sit through

Not suggesting it will happen or should, but Gibson likes to set these targets and wouldn’t be surprised if there is (a private ) one

Where to start? Not a great deal between the sides in the first half, Forest probably just edging it in a fairly lacklustre half of football.

Second half was atrocious though. After the pre-match discussion about George Friend, I think he's the only defender who actually came out with any credit. He got forward well, whipped in a couple of good crosses. All the other 3 didn't seem like they were communicating with one another at both ends of the pitch. Constantly in each other's way and just generally making really bad decisions. Randolph has let in 2 goals this afternoon because the lads in front of him have completely screwed him over.

I thought the new Doctor Who was meant to be a woman this time round? Joe Lolley had all of Time and Space to explore and with both goals. Give him credit where it's due, his strike was really good. But we didn't seem that bothered that he was going to have a go. Which makes the 2nd goal all the more baffling when he's out wide and Saville shows him onto his left foot and sends the ball exactly where Grabban needs it to go, never mind the fact our defenders didn't seem to care where Grabban was.

What were the positives today? Well there are obviously very few but I think for some it really needs emphasising just how incredible Downing was today. He was chasing everything down, he was tenacious and most of all, he put so many really good balls into the box that nobody did the business with. He can go back into that dressing room today with his head held high and, perhaps more importantly, point the finger at those who didn't come close to matching his individual contribution.

Actually thought for the most part, 2 of our 3 subs made sense. Count me utterly baffled why Gestede goes on for Braithwaite though. McNair for Shotton would have been my choice given Shotton's performance and the yellow card he had to hold onto up against Forest's most dangerous player.

It wasn't a cohesive display. Good moments were too few and far between. Pulis needs to bang a couple of heads together after that.

He won't get fired. This will be the rest of the season.

We'll beat most of the dross in the league with clean sheets keeping us in and around the top 6. These wins will be interspersed with games like today where a forward thinking team outplays us and Pulis has no response.

Same as last year.

Next 5 league games are

Shef wed (a)

Rotherham (h)

Derby (h)

Stoke (a)

Wigan (h)

I don’t think Pulis is in any immediate danger of losing his job.

Not sure, he was brought in to get results and Southgate was let go after underperforming. Gibson does tend to pull the trigger in october (strachen, Southgate,Mowbray). Probably depends how much of this dross Gibson has had to sit through

Not suggesting it will happen or should, but Gibson likes to set these targets and wouldn’t be surprised if there is (a private ) one

We were 16th when Mowbray was sacked and 20th for Strachan so I don't think they're really comparable. Southgate, at least in terms of league position, is similar. But I think experiencing the fallout from Southgate's sacking will keep Gibson from getting rid of Pulis so soon. Monk was woefully below our 'smash the league' target and even he lasted until just before Christmas. The impression I get is that Gibson is hoping for the team to go up this season whilst simultaneously implementing cost-cutting measures to ensure future stability. Whilst it's not the best for the fans, I can't think of a more suited manager to that task than Pulis.

We got Karanka'd today. Forest played a really good passing game. They pressed really well and didn't give us time on the ball.

We never looked like scoring. Even when britt was through one on one he didn't look confident.

Braithwaite, Howson and Stewy were the best of a bad bunch