oneBoro Forum

Boro V Nottingham Forest 0-2

I go back to our better performances earlier in the season when people got shot down for saying Pulis was lucky or stumbled across it.

Playing with wing backs we had Fry in cb who was far better at bringing the ball out than Ayala/Flint.

Downing looked good at wingback

We had Wing in midfield, I'm not going to harp on about Wing being the best thing since slice bread because he certainly wasn't but he brought something that none of our other midfielders had in a excellent set piece delivery and a extremely good forward thinking, quick!!!, long pass. 

We had Braithwaite close to Britt. They actually made a good partnership and Braithwaite helped himself to 3 goals? None since hes been shafted out to the wing again.

Pulis has pretty much changed everything that was good about that team, personally I want him out this football club as quickly as possible. Hes an absolute conman saying all the right things in pressers but when it comes down to it he's responsible for the absolute dross we are playing. 

PULIS OUT!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though Pulis might pick the wrong 11 .. The chosen 11 shuld still do better! Horrible moral and no will to win .. Downing and Braithwaite showed a little of that spark it takes, but they can't do it alone, when the rest is playing scared and too safe and boring...

Southgate was sacked when the team were in this sort of position after 3 years of what had lead up to it. Southgate perhaps was the victim of the rest of the club cutting back in that regard but when he was sacked, we had been a Prem club for 11 years and we'd been members of that version of the top flight for some time since '92. Clearly that affected our view on what a struggling start to a Championship season was.

Strachan was let go when we were 2 points above relegation. Mowbray let go when we were 16th and 4 points off relegation. Monk's remit was an immediate return to the Prem and at the mid-way point when sacked was 12 points off automatic promotion.

So arguably, Pulis has the same job as Monk with just as arguably his own squad to do it with now, even after the poor transfer window. With that being the case, I would expect he has to lose another 4 or 5 games with other teams around us all picking up the points we've missed and for us then to be still that far away come the mid-way point of the season. Anyone expecting the hammer to fall any sooner because they don't like the way we play is going to be severely disappointed. As long as he keeps us close to the top 2 and bare minimum in the top 6, he's going nowhere. And indeed why should he if he keeps us there? That's his job and if he continues to fulfil it, he should keep his job.

I'm not saying don't criticise him either. By all means, do so. I certainly have since the IB. But calling for his head because of this game sounds to me more like some are just sat twitching, waiting for the first slip-up so they can slam the dagger right into his back.

Didn't deserve anything today, Forest were the better side from the off, they were the better side 1st half and a little bit more quality in the final third and they would have led at half time, Shotton looked half asleep from the kick off, done a lot of ball watching.

The 2nd half was a slight improvement but that was about it, midfield were awful passing once again poor, only Downing looked capable of doing anything.

Hugill up front, solid lad but goes down far too easily, always looking for a free kick, did absolutely nothing and I still feel Braithwaite wants out despite what he's said.

O

Why is it pulis fault? He hasnt changed style in his whole career. Surely its Gibsons. He hired him, he lacks the ambition he once had. He must have know the style of football to expect. Dont blame Pulis for doing what he always has

Hahaha imagine debating sacking the manager after only the second defeat of the season and the first at home when his team is 4th and 2 points off top. Who are we? Are we Derby who sack their manager for 'not playing the Derby way'.

Gibson will not even think about sacking Pulis whilst we are anywhere near the top six and with a chance of going up. Those that want him gone better pray for a dramatic dip in performances and a drop into the bottom half. Then I would have to question whether they are boro fans at all.

Could one imagine .. Gibson talking to Pulis heads up... Wanting more out of some players or using the very good youth we have? Am i dreaming? Can you dream within a nightmare?

Pulis should be told, that he is setting things up way too negative.

The sick part here is... A 1-0 nicked win today, would have us 1st in the league during the IB .. 1 game is between utter hell and "doing ok" ... Kinda sick, me think

Just wait till next year when we have the budget cuts.. no more parachutes.. brexit

Might make the games a bit more exciting, the likes of Tav, Wing, Chapman (if he signs a new deal).. The idea of having a solid base and just letting the kids go and attack teams with enthusiasm .. Anything has to better than this.

Well here we go. So far we have not done bad but in reality should have done better. We are noe facing reality and others are now reaching potential. We will slip as Leeds are slipping and the point I’m making is we have been luckily but can’t improve. Pulis has rode the wave but the wave is loosing momentum. Either create or fade.

I absolutely panned Garry Monk after lots of games last season so in terms of fairness I think I need to call today for what it was.

Today for me was the worst home game I've seen since we were relegated, I thought Garry Monk was clueless but at least he looked like he tried to win games.

Watching us today we just looked like a team set up to keep a clean sheet then hope for something from a set piece at the other end. Lets be honest that's how we look a lot of the time, there's no plan to get players into forward positions or create things from open play.

I feel like today is the turning point for me with Pulis, I feel totally depressed watching us and I feel like I'd rather be at home than the Riverside at the moment.

I'm not even saying sack Pulis because I'm not sure there's any point, we are being run so poorly as a club that the problems are far bigger than Pulis.

When you look at recruitment we are still making the same mistakes year upon year. Just look at our centre mid options we have Clayton, Leadbitter, Howson, McNair, Besic, Wing and I'd say Downing who could play there. Why did we agree to pay 7m for Saville when we've got all those players?

We've spent an absolute fortune on our forward line and we still don't have a good striker at the club.

I argued with people in the summer and said I'd accept watching Pulis's football if it got us promoted. I'm starting to change my mind on that now.

I would expect Pulis to have to answer to Gibson for that today. Gibson was sat front and centre to see it. He will want to know why our three attacking midfielders are sat at home with their feet up.

We do have a chairman who sees which way the wind is blowing. He got shot of Southgate when 2nd in the league because the football was awful. If I was Pulis I’d be wary of Gibson’s ire.