oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Glad to see Assombalonga in ahead of Hugill. Interesting to see how the 3-5-2 pans out as we played better with that system.

Totally devoid of creativity without Marty B though.

I just can't view it as a 3-5-2 after watching the last few games. It's a flat back 5. 4 hard workers in front. Isolated Britt up top.

Yeah, this is probably more accurate!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I really really hate talking about lineups before a game, and if you look back I very rarely do. But this is the worst of the lot. I've always gone on about how I don't believe we can get promoted if downing is one of the front 3. He's now one of the front two. I despair.

Jesus christ man, does every thread on here nowadays turn into a debate about pulisball, so boring to read.

We're just discussing the way we play. Pulisball, football or whatever you choose to call it it's just a debate about how the team play. Some like it and others don't but the team is the cornerstone of this forum and naturally people will discuss the performances. Now I hope we will be discussing how we turned Wednesday over after tomorrow evening.

I can add to that, that this is a platform, where you can join the topics, that matter to you. It's better to give one's own input, instead of shooting down, what you don't like. 

Just like facebook. If I was to disagree or complain about it, when I saw a post or a topic, that I can't stand, it would be a full time job, so I just scroll past it and focus on what I like to discuss. 

There is really no offence in this, I swear.  :)

UTB

None taken, I don't mind the topic itself as it brings some good debate but it just seems to be that every thread is heading that way at the moment.

Anyways, time to tiki taka Wednesday off the pitch tonight

Glad to see Assombalonga in ahead of Hugill. Interesting to see how the 3-5-2 pans out as we played better with that system.

I just can't view it as a 3-5-2 after watching the last few games. It's a flat back 5. 4 hard workers in front. Isolated Britt up top.

Sadly I think you are completely right. Can’t watch it myself tonight. Was thinking about watching it on rewind when I get home later tonight but I’ll probably too drunk to stay awake through 90 mins at that point so will be following through here

Jesus christ man, does every thread on here nowadays turn into a debate about pulisball, so boring to read.

We're just discussing the way we play. Pulisball, football or whatever you choose to call it it's just a debate about how the team play. Some like it and others don't but the team is the cornerstone of this forum and naturally people will discuss the performances. Now I hope we will be discussing how we turned Wednesday over after tomorrow evening.

I can add to that, that this is a platform, where you can join the topics, that matter to you. It's better to give one's own input, instead of shooting down, what you don't like. 

Just like facebook. If I was to disagree or complain about it, when I saw a post or a topic, that I can't stand, it would be a full time job, so I just scroll past it and focus on what I like to discuss. 

There is really no offence in this, I swear.  :)

UTB

None taken, I don't mind the topic itself as it brings some good debate but it just seems to be that every thread is heading that way at the moment.

Anyways, time to tiki taka Wednesday off the pitch tonight

There will certainly be a lot more tiki taka in the stands than on the pitch.

Sadly I think you are completely right. Can’t watch it myself tonight. Was thinking about watching it on rewind when I get home later tonight but I’ll probably too drunk to stay awake through 90 mins at that point so will be following through here

Luckily (or unfortunately) I work djing in a bar that will have the game on the TV's so kinda getting paid to watch it, although every time there's been a game so far on a Friday I've managed to miss our goals.

Can't see a back four with Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Fry and Friend. Unless you think one of them are playing in midfield?

Can't see a back four with Shotton, Ayala, Flint, Fry and Friend. Unless you think one of them are playing in midfield?

I said back 5 mate - Friend and Shotton cannot be classed as midfielders in the last five or six games I've watched. With 4 deep midfielders in front of them.

It looks like the 5-4-1 we played against Leeds. I'm glad to see that, when required, he's brought Fry back in as opposed to Batth when both are available.

Also, at least the team he's selected is reflective of his excuses. If he'd started Saville especially, there'd be questions raised about whether he actually believes his pre-made excuse before we've even kicked off.

It's not the greatest line-up in the world, it's certainly not what I'd consider the best we can put out when we have a fully fit team. But I do think that Braithwaite aside, it's a better all-round side than we put out last game. Braithwaite for Fry, Britt for Hugill means back to an actual 3/5 at the back, something people have genuinely complained about us not doing. It's just what's in front of them that raises questions. Hopefully the team we've put out answers them big time tonight.

Agree it looks very 5-4-1 ish. Hopefully we can Nick a goal or two and stay tight. Haven't seen their team but fully expect reach to get a goal against his former team. Hoping for a 2-1 win with Britt getting goals to keep him in the team