oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky saying Ayala should have had a red for an elbow on Fletcher

Can they look at that again retrospectively?

Honestly, it did look like a red. Raised elbow, checked him to the face. We all know Ayala suffers from chronic clumsiness, but he went full UFC on Fletcher with that elbow.

Also, I think they can look at it retrospectively if the ref didn't realise it was an elbow. If the ref had booked him and noted it for high elbow or whatever, then no.

Although I am ready to be corrected on that one.

Was before our 2nd goal. And he definitely should have done, yes. Absolutely no need for Ayala's arms to be where they were when going into that challenge. A very lucky boy. Only adds to the dreadful nature of this referee's performance too.

Honestly, it did look like a red. Raised elbow, checked him to the face. We all know Ayala suffers from chronic clumsiness, but he went full UFC on Fletcher with that elbow.

Don't think it was a red. There was no intent there, just ayalas general clumsiness

If the ref missed it then yes it will depend on his match report

I'm pretty sure he'll struggle to get retrospective action for it. The ref didn't miss the call, he still called it a foul and judged it to be no booking. Not entirely 100% with the laws of the game on this but I think retrospective action is only for things the referee didn't see or make a decision on at all.

Really enjoyed this second half, far better than the past 5 games or so.

On Ayala I'd be screaming for a red if it was one of our players on the receiving end. Definitely a lucky boy the ref didn't get a good view.