oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

"It has to be said."

Last night Sheff Wed were all over the place in the first half and much of the second half and any decent team would have cut them to pieces and had a hat full of goals.

But luckily enough they were playing Boro a team lacking in fluency,togetherness and ideas of creativity.

Imagine what damage we could do with a decent couple of forwards and a few creative wide midfielders.

Its quite obvious I hate the way Boro play their games.

I know that playing ugly football at times will happen,but not every game ffs.

Yet still we top the league.

What does that say about the rest of the teams around us. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Tudders do you think that we will be promoted based on the 13 games of the season so far?

Or have we no chance whatsoever?

We are better at accumulating points than I thought. Promotion is a serious reality. Though playoffs are more probable, then it's a lottery.

I still expect a serious sticky run though. Hoping I'm wrong. Some people will ignore this and still call me the guy that thinks we'll get relegated.

You'll always be known as the guy that bet on relegation, sorry :)

I can live with that wording because it's true.

I didn’t watch the game, I really couldn’t be bothered, there are better things to do on a Friday night.

Glad we won, top of the league for a night at least, but it’s difficult to get enthusiastic about Boro these days.

we are so unlike you and me

Maybe we should get married? I hear that its best to marry a guy that is totaly opposite from yourself ;)

I didn’t watch the game, I really couldn’t be bothered, there are better things to do on a Friday night.

Glad we won, top of the league for a night at least, but it’s difficult to get enthusiastic about Boro these days.

we are so unlike you and me

Maybe we should get married? I hear that its best to marry a guy that is totaly opposite from yourself ;)

Wow Lady S, that’s quite an offer. I’d soon cure you of your need to watch every Boro match.

Would I need to wear a Tony Pulis mask in the bedroom? ;)

After making a late decision to go to the match I have to say I was pleased I did. From the off we were the better team. We pressed well and created loads of space.

The 5-2-2-1 formation or whatever was perfect for us. Makes it hard for Braithwaite to get back in when everyone played so well. He clearly didn’t rush back from international duty.

Positioning in the box is our only real failure and perhaps that’s Braithwates chance. He does know how to find space.

I thought Fry added the missing piece at the back - bringing it out and making space.

I was surprised Shotton stayed on as he was clearly injured.

Besic is clearly class but struggles to get match fit. Last night reminded me of Derby away last season - we were well on top until he starts to fade. Hopefully he gets there once the international breaks finish.

I do hope we go for Reach in January. He’s such a talent and always was. But he does look a bit special now.

After making a late decision to go to the match I have to say I was pleased I did. From the off we were the better team. We pressed well and created loads of space.

The 5-2-2-1 formation or whatever was perfect for us. Makes it hard for Braithwaite to get back in when everyone played so well. He clearly didn’t rush back from international duty.

Positioning in the box is our only real failure and perhaps that’s Braithwates chance. He does know how to find space.

I thought Fry added the missing piece at the back - bringing it out and making space.

I was surprised Shotton stayed on as he was clearly injured.

Besic is clearly class but struggles to get match fit. Last night reminded me of Derby away last season - we were well on top until he starts to fade. Hopefully he gets there once the international breaks finish.

I do hope we go for Reach in January. He’s such a talent and always was. But he does look a bit special now.

To be fair to Braithwaite he played Tuesday night, will have flown back Wednesday and so could have only trained Thursday really

I haven't watched us for long time as I - like many others - find our style of football a bit tedious. I didn't mind it in the Prem with Karanka going full Mourinho mode, but we were underdogs back then. We are not anymore.

Yesterday, however, was not that tedious. We were playing a side happily sitting back in the first half. We tried to lump balls into the penalty area, but Britt was no match in the air against their CBs. We tried the cut-back pass a few times and we were rather close to them connecting. We tried paced grounded passes into the box, but they did not connect as Britt rarely made the run to the front post.

Maybe we didn't play short passes, one-twos, and piercing through-balls. Our passing was at times as sloppy as that of Wednesday's - but we were the far more positive side while remaining in control and being disciplined.

Second half was far more positive: Britt linked up well at times, Besic continued his confident style from the first half, and Howson got more involved with deep runs. Friend and Shotton were further up the pitch (albeit that did not offer much offensively). We won the crucial second balls. Players starting beating their direct opponent - and suddenly we were in front.

One howler later, and a nail biting last 10 minutes. Sure, we could've been more creative, but it really wasn't as tedious as I expected. Great game, really.

Really couldn't think of anything better to do than watch the Boro try to fight to sit on top of the league going into the weekend after the long week's slog.

You need to broaden your horizons mate.

Hmmmm... lend us a tenner and I'll think about it.

Really couldn't think of anything better to do than watch the Boro try to fight to sit on top of the league going into the weekend after the long week's slog.

You need to broaden your horizons mate.

Hmmmm... lend us a tenner and I'll think about it.

:)

“Middlesbrough scored two goals, Sheffield Wednesday scored one goal and Middlesbrough deserved to win because they scored more goals. 

Carlos Cavalhal, ex-Wednesday manager, now Sky pundit 

:funny: