oneBoro Forum
OldManGravz

Boro v Sheffield Wednesday (A) 2-1 (Besic, Assombalonga)

Sky saying Ayala should have had a red for an elbow on Fletcher

Can they look at that again retrospectively?

Honestly, it did look like a red. Raised elbow, checked him to the face. We all know Ayala suffers from chronic clumsiness, but he went full UFC on Fletcher with that elbow.

Also, I think they can look at it retrospectively if the ref didn't realise it was an elbow. If the ref had booked him and noted it for high elbow or whatever, then no.

Although I am ready to be corrected on that one.

If the ref missed it then yes it will depend on his match report

Was before our 2nd goal. And he definitely should have done, yes. Absolutely no need for Ayala's arms to be where they were when going into that challenge. A very lucky boy. Only adds to the dreadful nature of this referee's performance too.

Honestly, it did look like a red. Raised elbow, checked him to the face. We all know Ayala suffers from chronic clumsiness, but he went full UFC on Fletcher with that elbow.

Don't think it was a red. There was no intent there, just ayalas general clumsiness

If the ref missed it then yes it will depend on his match report

I'm pretty sure he'll struggle to get retrospective action for it. The ref didn't miss the call, he still called it a foul and judged it to be no booking. Not entirely 100% with the laws of the game on this but I think retrospective action is only for things the referee didn't see or make a decision on at all.

Almost a Forshaw vs. Reading there, haha. Flashes of Clayton smacking Adomah in the face.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed this second half, far better than the past 5 games or so.

On Ayala I'd be screaming for a red if it was one of our players on the receiving end. Definitely a lucky boy the ref didn't get a good view.

• Latest Posts

• Two scoring draws last term between the teams and always a close call before that. Forest you would expect to shrug off their poorish start and to progress, but they will also be desperate to start winning. However I would suspect Houghton will be content with a point at the Riverside but for Boro we need to start winning back to back games and I believe we will be too much for Forest and achieve a rare event of late. Maybe travelling teams will be showing a bit more respect towards us as a whole but I do think the game will be very different than seen against Coventry. Going for a home win though at start of season would have been ok with a draw  
    • Forest have so many attacking options, IF we win this it'll set a great marker for where we are heading.
    • I can see Spence dropping to the bench and one of bola or Johnson stepping in, with tav on the right. I assume that was the purpose of the subs the other night. roberts back to the bench as well perhaps.... if no akpom, I’m comfortable with Browne starting, he has done everything asked of him so far. Midfield and defence picks itself, barring injury 
    • So I've seen lots of highlights recently where both penalties and red cards were given, I thought they'd moved away from red cards if it was a penalty, or is it still a red card for being last man?
    • Hopefully Akpom is fit and if he is I would go to a 3.5.2. I would also bring Coulson in. I want him to succeed here and NW said he looked bright in training. Betti Dijk Fry Paddy Tav Howson Morsy Sav Coulson Britt Akpom I would love a win but i rate forest. Would not be too disappointed with a draw.