oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham United 0-0

Sick to death of our midfielders dropping so deep to get the ball.

Fry makes such a big difference with his willingness to carry the ball out.

So disappointed with this performance. For the first time in weeks I was actually pleased with the starting eleven and we're still trash.

The problem for me is how deep Besic is playing.

I still think he's having a good game, but when he was threatening last game - and when he's threatened tonight - is when he's been playing further up, driving at the defence. He's often playing 3 yards to the side in line with Clayton atm, we don't need two DMs, get up the field!

Do you not think that's because Fry isn't playing? None of the current 3 are willing to carry it out, or at least it would be a car crash if they did.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing played well against Wednesday (barring the opening 15-20 where he couldn't beat his man) but I've not heard much of him today. Would those watching the game suggest he's been kind of pulled out of the game because of being played at wing-back?

Basing that on the early point made that we were still playing with wing-backs and the concern I had pre-match of Fry being the one dropped for Braithwaite.

Downing played well against Wednesday (barring the opening 15-20 where he couldn't beat his man) but I've not heard much of him today. Would those watching the game suggest he's been kind of pulled out of the game because of being played at wing-back?

Basing that on the early point made that we were still playing with wing-backs and the concern I had pre-match of Fry being the one dropped for Braithwaite.

We are playing wingbacks although it is a bit all over.

Downing and Friend have had plenty of good chances just their final ball has been terrible.

Sick to death of our midfielders dropping so deep to get the ball.

Fry makes such a big difference with his willingness to carry the ball out.

So disappointed with this performance. For the first time in weeks I was actually pleased with the starting eleven and we're still trash.

The problem for me is how deep Besic is playing.

I still think he's having a good game, but when he was threatening last game - and when he's threatened tonight - is when he's been playing further up, driving at the defence. He's often playing 3 yards to the side in line with Clayton atm, we don't need two DMs, get up the field!

Do you not think that's because Fry isn't playing? None of the current 3 are willing to carry it out, or at least it would be a car crash if they did.

It probably doesn't help, but he did the same thing in the first half against Wednesday, even with Fry in the team, so I just think he's partly used to coming that deep.

Downing has looked threatening when he has been released down the left but he was more influential through the middle against Wednesday

Fry should be starting tonight. He makes such a difference to our attacking play in these sorts of games. When a team are going to sit in and defend with men behind the ball, it makes such a difference having one of your centre backs being able to step out of defence with the ball, commiting one of their midfielders out of position and creating holes. It’s far too predictable and comfortable at the moment.