oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham United 0-0

Anyone else feel like we can only play against teams that are playing with a bit of pace, as soon as there's no atmosphere and no pressing from the other team we play at a walking pace...

My opinion too. 

We cannot play against a parked bus. 

Especially not, when we have Clayton to "stiffle" them .. 

Save Clayton for Derby, play Wing or Saville .. 

Well.. I have NEVER seen so many poor crosses in my life before...  Really shocking .. We had possesion and opportunities to create chances to score and win comfortably .. But at best, we got a corner ... 

I don't like the way we set up today, but still, the players MUST do better.. Pulis might be too negative, but he can't cross the ball for us.. he cannot put in in the goal either .. We should have won very comfy.. 

Typical Boro, as I said early today .. Well.. we might get a result against Derby now.. To keep it crazy

At least we are not Villa or Sunderland

Villa or Sunderland don’t have Pulis. I think they are winning this one

They are both below us and will remain there

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Brunners because I know that Tav/Fletcher/Wing would put more effort then what we saw today.

Clayton took 5 steps backwards today, George was very poor and some players were far too selfish

I really don't get your dislike of Clayton DS. I thought he was immense today as usual. He did make one mistake in the 90 but it's harsh to focus on that

On this occasion. Blanco, I don't agree with you. 

Clayton should never play our MUST WIN games .. He is a fighter and a warrior, not a footballer. He is not creative in any way .. Even easy forward passes.. he steps on the ball, slows everything down and pass it to Besic and Ayala .. 

We agree on a lot of things, but not this ;;)

Check you INBOX, mate!

Just watched the 2 minute highlights, not a great deal to talk about from those. Randolph making 2 good saves. But goodness me, Martin Braithwaite, that 'chip' into the keeper's hands. That was absolutely criminal for a man of his technical ability. Had so many options as to how to finish that chance off with the keeper well out of his goal and defenders still sat looking at one another.

I think you've got to give the opposition some credit as tonight, they defended really well and did a job on us. If we'd have taken one of the chances in the first half it would have been a comfortable win but as the game went on we didn't really look like scoring.

I think tonight just showed up our limitations, an organised, workmanlike opposition turn up and we can't break them down. We are so badly lacking in the final third that it's painful to watch.

Braithwaite doesn't get in the game anywhere near enough and the rest of our strikers are just woeful. Our main attacking threat is Downing who does his best but frankly his legs had gone 3 years ago.

We haven't got anything on the bench to give us that spark, I don't know why we needed Batth and Fry on the bench.

I heard people on the phone in criticising the tactics, I think Pulis picked the team that most people on here wanted. I think the problem is we just don't have the players to break down teams in tight games.

Clayton didn't have his best game tonight but it wasn't his fault that we didn't win the game.

I think if you can't see what he brings to our team you're watching the wrong sport.

Clayton didn't have his best game tonight but it wasn't his fault that we didn't win the game.

I think if you can't see what he brings to our team you're watching the wrong sport.

Yeah you can he brings solidity, hard work and decent tackles but it just wasn't the right game for him tonight wing would have been better suited as someone whos creative, full of energy and can get at them.

Were we actually set up with wing-backs properly or were we swapping between that and a regular back 4? Commentary team suggested it was definitely wing-backs with Friend playing left of the 3 at the back but one of the lads who phoned in suggested it was a back 4. This has happened plenty of times this season when we've played George as 'one of the 3' in the middle. He still ends up playing as a full-back, as does Shotton. Unlike when we put Fry in there and the wing-backs actually can push out a bit more, provide a bit more width and give more space in the middle for the midfielders to try and exploit. Not that I imagine there was that much space to work with tonight (the short highlights even showed how packed it was at times in Rotherham's two banks of players).

He is our best warrior, when the opposition has the ball.. And I rate him very well .. But against Rotherham, where WE must CREATE something, he is a slow turtle passenger ... Sorry to say, but that is my opinion. 

I love the dude, but he shouldn't play MUST WIN GAMES against bottom teams with a parked bus..

I think you've got to give the opposition some credit as tonight, they defended really well and did a job on us. If we'd have taken one of the chances in the first half it would have been a comfortable win but as the game went on we didn't really look like scoring.

I think tonight just showed up our limitations, an organised, workmanlike opposition turn up and we can't break them down. We are so badly lacking in the final third that it's painful to watch.

Braithwaite doesn't get in the game anywhere near enough and the rest of our strikers are just woeful. Our main attacking threat is Downing who does his best but frankly his legs had gone 3 years ago.

We haven't got anything on the bench to give us that spark, I don't know why we needed Batth and Fry on the bench.

I heard people on the phone in criticising the tactics, I think Pulis picked the team that most people on here wanted. I think the problem is we just don't have the players to break down teams in tight games.

Nailed it!

Yeah you can he brings solidity, hard work and decent tackles but it just wasn't the right game for him tonight wing would have been better suited as someone whos creative, full of energy and can get at them.

You've still got to have a player in your midfield who can defend the space in front of the back four and win the ball back. He probably starts more attacks from deep positions than a lot of players in this league but some our fans just can't see it.

You could play another player in that position but we haven't got anyone else who could play that role as well.

Clayton is the usual scapegoat on here when we don't get a result and it's just daft.

Fair enough if you want Wing to start but if it's based on tonight's performances then it's Howson who would have been dropped because he was absolutely anonymous.

We've got a lot of limitations in this team but Clayton is the least of our worries.

We badly missed shotton that's for certain. Braithwaite missed a sitter, Britt went to early from a good pass off Besic. In the second half Clayton should have had a clear shot, but was too slow to accept the chance and the defender stole it from him. Gestede shouldered a ball into the keepers arms when it was easier to head past him. Very disappointing finishing indeed.

Were we actually set up with wing-backs properly or were we swapping between that and a regular back 4? Commentary team suggested it was definitely wing-backs with Friend playing left of the 3 at the back but one of the lads who phoned in suggested it was a back 4. This has happened plenty of times this season when we've played George as 'one of the 3' in the middle. He still ends up playing as a full-back, as does Shotton. Unlike when we put Fry in there and the wing-backs actually can push out a bit more, provide a bit more width and give more space in the middle for the midfielders to try and exploit. Not that I imagine there was that much space to work with tonight (the short highlights even showed how packed it was at times in Rotherham's two banks of players).

We started with the formation that we were all calling out for on here, 3 CB's with Downing at wingback. We seemed to switch to a back four after about 20 mins when we were unable to break Rotherham down.

I think we alternated a bit between the two formations but I don't think that was the problem tonight we just couldn't deliver a final ball or take a chance on the rare occasions we got one.

You've still got to have a player in your midfield who can defend the space in front of the back four and win the ball back. He probably starts more attacks from deep positions than a lot of players in this league but some our fans just can't see it.

You could play another player in that position but we haven't got anyone else who could play that role as well.

Clayton is the usual scapegoat on here when we don't get a result and it's just daft.

Fair enough if you want Wing to start but if it's based on tonight's performances then it's Howson who would have been dropped because he was absolutely anonymous.

We've got a lot of limitations in this team but Clayton is the least of our worries.

Absolutely agree Duvel. I wonder why our U23"s are third last in their league and have not won in the Checkatrade trophy if Wing Tav and Chapman are such World beaters?

But but but .. If we had another BALL PLAYER .. we would maybe create enough to win .. Why set up to defend a draw, as the top dog at home to the worst away team? 

Clayton is good against teams who come to play ball .. Not against freaking Rotherham .. 

Yes he is good at nicking the ball .. But when we have the ball 65 %  the time .. and maybe even more with a better ball player than Clayton .. he is not needed ..