• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll set-up to defend and look to capitalise on any mistakes, when and if they come. Might work, did against Bolton, Ipswich, and Wednesday. Didn't against others. Can't say I'm massively looking forward to it, but will of course be happy if we win.

Fail to press effectively and force some defensive errors, or concede first, and I can only see the points going to Derby. Only six teams in the whole league have scored fewer goals than Boro this season and that's pretty damning of our attacking capabilities.

---------Randolph------------

--------Ayala-Flint-Fry-------

McNair------------Downing

--Howson-Clayton-Besic--

-----Braithwaite-Britt------

Maybe let McNair take some corners, he looks to have a bit of a whip on him.

Corners don't even need to be delivered with pace. They just need to beat the first man and land in the area where the big lads are. We've got some of the biggest lads in the division and most games, Flint and Ayala are struggling to get more than a single chance in an entire 90 minutes of set-pieces. I'd love to see the success rate of the number of crosses from set-pieces and even open play to hitting the player we've targeted.

Not feeling overly confident and whilst I think the team picks itself I am worried that the Britt / Braithwaite partnership isn't enough

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gestede in for Britt if there is to be a change

Heart says 3-1 (always does!) with Britt,Martin and Flint (finally!) notching

Head says 1-1 and more doom and gloom around the Riverside .

We do seem to play better (or at least pick up better results) against the better teams, so I’m hoping this continues that trend.

Think Tony will set us up to be not beaten, as usual, but may in this case be ok if we can be clinical and take the few chances that we might create.

Excited to go to it either way as I think Derby are a good side.

I've heard it mentioned a few times that we'll be better against a side who come here with more attacking intentions. The thing that worries me is we don't really have any pace on the break, or in the team for that matter. If Derby press us high up the pitch and play with a high tempo I'm not really sure how we'll cope with it, I don't really see us as being a team who are built for counter-attacking like some people do.

Britt disagrees ;)

Liked that goal v Bolton :blush:

I was at the Bolton game and I still can't remember Britt's goal!

I stand by what I said though, as a team I don't think we really have enough pace to play as a counter attacking team.

Not feeling overly confident and whilst I think the team picks itself I am worried that the Britt / Braithwaite partnership isn't enough

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gestede in for Britt if there is to be a change

Heart says 3-1 (always does!) with Britt,Martin and Flint (finally!) notching

Head says 1-1 and more doom and gloom around the Riverside .

Would 1-1 even be a bad result given the respective form of the two sides? I'd probably take it, as long as we had played well.

Derby are very dangerous at present , wouldnt be too far fetched to say we arent . so given the way things are going  i agree ,id be happy enough to come away not losing  . yeah  a good showing and  a draw woudlnt be the worse result tomorrow.  it would be great to  put on a really fine performance and win , which hidden somewhere in our closet ,is more than possible but watching thier last couple of games  as opposed to our last three home displays ,youd almost be suprised if we won  even taking into account home advantage and league position.

Well game day and what a lack of interest shown in a vital game and under normal circumstances one we should be looking forward to.

We have to get back to winning ways at home even if TP considers this as a must not lose game

Looking at today's fixtures things could change dramatically at the top, it is that tight.

We need a win. More often than not we turn up for the big games. I am going to stick my neck out and predict 2-0 to the Boro.

I think we’ll never nick it 1-0, we’re better going forwards against teams that don’t sit deep, so I think we will create something. Also predict it’ll be rubbish to watch, lots of hitting the ball forward early and losing possession, and midfielders sitting too deep to support the strikers..