oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Derby County 1-1 (Bogle OG)

Thinking about it and referring to my comments before the Rotherham game, I'd actually leave Braithwaite out today. Fry back in and, McNair aside, same team that played against Wednesday for me.

Braithwaite hasn't quite looked the same since the window closed and Wednesday was the best we've played in a while. Besides, it would be nice to have something different to offer from the bench.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

For me we need to stick with Braithwaite for now, if he does come good he can win us points on his own.

I'd like to see a slight change in formation to a 3421

Randolf

Fry

Ayala

Flint

Downing

Besic

Clayton

McNair

Braithwaite

Howson

Assombalonga

For me we need to stick with Braithwaite for now, if he does come good he can win us points on his own.

I'd like to see a slight change in formation to a 3421

Randolf

Fry

Ayala

Flint

Downing

Besic

Clayton

McNair

Braithwaite

Howson

Assombalonga

thats actually good thinking , regarding set-up. having watched Derby lately all thier best work stems from the area we lack in, attacking midfield , so outnumbering them in that area would maybe nullify thier hub of creativity.  Sad thing though is it feels negative in its intent add to that we still need to break quickly and with precision  and there in lies our achilles heel.  but i see the reasoning.

Man Wing is playing 0 football right now, not for the U23s or for the first team. Yet he's still happy enough to sign a new contract.

I really hope he gets out on loan in Jan if we're not gonna use him cause he's 23 already and we're gonna massively stunt his development with a year of no game time.

At least we are staying with the wing back system and Fry starts again. He can carry the ball out of defense better than the others. Dont think it’s a good choice dropping Braithwaite. The only player with a bit of pace in the entire team. Dire decision. And the two big oafs on the bench again. That really has to change soon with the way fletcher is scoring goals. There must be something very wrong with Wing as he isn’t playing for any teams. With the squad we have this is probably the best lineup although I would have played Braithwaite up front instead of Britt as he seems to have a good understanding with Downing.

That is possibly the most negative side we could pick at home! Playing straight into Derby's hands rather than taking the game to them.

Got a draw written all over it

It’s Pulis. We will be playing for 0-0 hoping to nick a goal but with our set pieces it’s a big ask. We just don’t have a very good attack. We have no wingers at the club and useless lumps like Gestede and Hugill making up the numbers. Get rid of those two and bring in two wingers and we’d have a much more balanced squad. Hell, get rid of them and replace them with Tav and Fletcher.

Man Wing is playing 0 football right now, not for the U23s or for the first team. Yet he's still happy enough to sign a new contract.

I really hope he gets out on loan in Jan if we're not gonna use him cause he's 23 already and we're gonna massively stunt his development with a year of no game time.

He's came from non-league remember, he's being developed behind the scenes because his positional sense and a whole host of other things are probably the same as an 18 yr old from an academy. He has obvious technical ability which helps massively but you could see he was being coached through games early in the season. He'll get his chance in time I'm sure.