•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

With fans (friends) like this you don't need enemies

Peace I am out

Cya when we play "fun" untill then my blood pressure can't take this forum

Huggles

Have some on here who used to follow the general consensus of 'see how they play before you judge'. On here now, the manager has picked a team that played exactly the way we have played when we've been at our best this season, including just a week ago and the pelters come out before kick off.

I'm starting to feel the same too. This forum has become more negative than any football Pulis has ever played. So many on here are sitting and waiting to throw the manager of a team sat right in the positions we should be aiming for under a bus. It's almost as bad as BoroFanTV at the moment.

Peace I am out

Huggles

Have some on here who used to follow the general consensus of 'see how they play before you judge'. On here now, the manager has picked a team that played exactly the way we have played when we've been at our best this season, including just a week ago and the pelters come out before kick off.

I'm starting to feel the same too. This forum has become more negative than any football Pulis has ever played. So many on here are sitting and waiting to throw the manager of a team sat right in the positions we should be aiming for under a bus. It's almost as bad as BoroFanTV at the moment.

Don’t think this is unique to Pulis to be honest mate, has always been the case.

Last year under Monk, there were cries of Monk out every week at 2pm when the team was released. Even under Karanka, people were writing us off pre kickoff.

Don’t think the negativity here now is any worse than last year.

5 defenders at home ffs

5 at the back doesn’t have to be more negative than 4. It gives the wide players a lot more freedom to go forward and also frees up one of your centre mids to be more forward thinking

5 defenders at home ffs

5 at the back doesn’t have to be more negative than 4. It gives the wide players a lot more freedom to go forward and also frees up one of your centre mids to be more forward thinking

To be fair, we’ve seen the better performances with 5 at the back.

Downing as a #10 behind Britt?

Glad Fry's back in the team, nice to see Fletcher... in the stands again.

Glass half full a draw/win he'll get away with this but if we lose it'll be another chip away at his credibility if Aitor Karanka played 532 with Downing behind Rhodes in a game vs Derby he would have got absolutely slaughtered.

This isn't about anti-Pulis or Pro-Pulis it's about whether this is the best first XI and bench our squad can offer and to me the answer is of course it's not.

Downing as a #10 behind Britt?

Glad Fry's back in the team, nice to see Fletcher... in the stands again.

Glass half full a draw/win he'll get away with this but if we lose it'll be another chip away at his credibility if Aitor Karanka played 532 with Downing behind Rhodes in a game vs Derby he would have got absolutely slaughtered.

This isn't about anti-Pulis or Pro-Pulis it's about whether this is the best first XI and bench our squad can offer and to me the answer is of course it's not.

I think it's pretty close to the best first 11, Downing has been very very good this year so I don't mind him playing, although I do think Braithwaite is the best player at the club. It's the bench that I have a problem with mostly; Wing, Tav, Fletcher should all be on the bench for me.

gonna be a tough watch but somehow weve got ourselves amassed with a squad of capable defensive players  steady if unspectacular midfielders and a non existant or none performing attack.  Braithwaite hasnt influenced the game anywhere near enough to be a shoe in , Downing does the majority of his input a lo further back these days  Wing for some reson isnt considered Fletcher and Tavernier need to be involved at least on the bench rather than in the reserves, Gestede and Hugill ....sigh. Assombalonga is miles off his best at present or weve completely over valued what he actually is in the first place,. Howson is decent but like Stewy he operates centrally in the main ,same with Besic and Saville give or take a few short forays here and there. were absolutely desperate for players that operate in or around the opponents box and have an influence there.,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe pigs do fly and the people who are reponsible whoever they are, for bringing in new additions ,finally after 4or 5 transfer windows  concentrate in this area and actually get one or two over the line.  Seriously id happily get rid of all 3 strikers on the squad sheet today and replace them with two AM,s and one forward

Like I said a month ago and it still holds a Pulis team not scoring set pieces will struggle if there's anything that will be his downfall it'll be that more than any fans criticism of the aesthetics of his style we've barely scored a set piece in over a month that explains the tight losses/draws that we couldn't turn around. Downing's been one of our better players sometimes but that's usually been in wide areas he can hold the ball well but doesn't carry it well and I'm not sure he can offer what Braithwaite does in reading the box and second balls well enough to make your own chances. Any assessment of Downing has to include the positives he's offered in games but also has to mention the fact he's took over 60 set pieces in the past month and a half and we've maybe scored 1 goal from his set pieces for a Pulis team it's criminal.

Peace I am out

Huggles

Don’t think this is unique to Pulis to be honest mate, has always been the case.

Last year under Monk, there were cries of Monk out every week at 2pm when the team was released. Even under Karanka, people were writing us off pre kickoff.

Don’t think the negativity here now is any worse than last year.

I really do. I actually seem to recall the pro-"Give Monk a chance" side of the debate actually had somewhat of a voice last season. Yes there were some early cries which started to pick up but results weren't actually going our way so questions were quite rightly raised as to the effectiveness of our team. Right now, it's very little other than negativity going into every game. Given our position in the table, it feels silly to me. It's more clear to me than ever right now that the forum has descended into a spell of consistent negativity that more than matches the football they hate to watch, like Neverbefore alluded to. Win, lose or draw, it will always be the same for some. Pulis literally cannot win in this environment.