oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Derby County 1-1 (Bogle OG)

With fans (friends) like this you don't need enemies

Peace I am out

Cya when we play "fun" untill then my blood pressure can't take this forum

Huggles

Have some on here who used to follow the general consensus of 'see how they play before you judge'. On here now, the manager has picked a team that played exactly the way we have played when we've been at our best this season, including just a week ago and the pelters come out before kick off.

I'm starting to feel the same too. This forum has become more negative than any football Pulis has ever played. So many on here are sitting and waiting to throw the manager of a team sat right in the positions we should be aiming for under a bus. It's almost as bad as BoroFanTV at the moment.

Don’t think this is unique to Pulis to be honest mate, has always been the case.

Last year under Monk, there were cries of Monk out every week at 2pm when the team was released. Even under Karanka, people were writing us off pre kickoff.

Don’t think the negativity here now is any worse than last year.

I really do. I actually seem to recall the pro-"Give Monk a chance" side of the debate actually had somewhat of a voice last season. Yes there were some early cries which started to pick up but results weren't actually going our way so questions were quite rightly raised as to the effectiveness of our team. Right now, it's very little other than negativity going into every game. Given our position in the table, it feels silly to me. It's more clear to me than ever right now that the forum has descended into a spell of consistent negativity that more than matches the football they hate to watch, like Neverbefore alluded to. Win, lose or draw, it will always be the same for some. Pulis literally cannot win in this environment.

Agree Wilson. Well said

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the team is set up the same as Sheff Wed last Friday, if Howson, Besic and Downing offer Britt support and both Friend and McNair can give us decent width we might do ok.

My biggest issue is the bench, apart from Braithwaite and maybe Saville there's no game changers!

Like most on here I'm desperate to see the likes of Wing and Tavs names there

Peace I am out

Huggles

Have some on here who used to follow the general consensus of 'see how they play before you judge'. On here now, the manager has picked a team that played exactly the way we have played when we've been at our best this season, including just a week ago and the pelters come out before kick off.

I'm starting to feel the same too. This forum has become more negative than any football Pulis has ever played. So many on here are sitting and waiting to throw the manager of a team sat right in the positions we should be aiming for under a bus. It's almost as bad as BoroFanTV at the moment.

Don’t think this is unique to Pulis to be honest mate, has always been the case.

Last year under Monk, there were cries of Monk out every week at 2pm when the team was released. Even under Karanka, people were writing us off pre kickoff.

I really do. I actually seem to recall the pro-"Give Monk a chance" side of the debate actually had somewhat of a voice last season. Yes there were some early cries which started to pick up but results weren't actually going our way so questions were quite rightly raised as to the effectiveness of our team. Right now, it's very little other than negativity going into every game. Given our position in the table, it feels silly to me. It's more clear to me than ever right now that the forum has descended into a spell of consistent negativity that more than matches the football they hate to watch, like Neverbefore alluded to. Win, lose or draw, it will always be the same for some. Pulis literally cannot win in this environment.

Big differences between these situations I was one of the first who called for Monk to go maybe late September after a game where the players had absolutely no *cking clue what positions they were playing and we were conceding every set piece for fun and he was playing strikers on the wings because he's a tactical genius. We also had a poor pre season no idea what Monk was trying to do besides get Christie down the wing and hopefully score the cross otherwise we're countered and up a creek. Pulis has shown us an organised defence and a well drilled midfield (I like the trios they're usually all 8/10 every week) but has yet to show us consistency in set pieces or that he has any desire to formulate an actual offensive system using the tools he has not the tools he wishes he had but the 40 million pounds worth of attackers he has that's the biggest red mark against him so far.

We're also well positioned in the table which we weren't under Monk that helps him in perception and it should we're a far better team than under Monk the problem is again we seem to just be stuttering along right now week to week there's no improvement in set pieces there's no sign of certain players like Fletcher/Wing/sometimes England U21 star and future club captain Dael Fry and he's going to get criticised for those things.

When the set pieces dried up for West Brom the fans turned on him, Palace was different and we all hoped we'd be Palace who were about set pieces but well drilled on the ball enough to just run through teams we'll see what we are in the coming weeks but he's got more rope than Monk and more goodwill but the goodwill isn't just dependant on 'getting results' for some people it's about other factors including selection. People aren't demanding he starts Fletcher/Wing but not seeing them for a month at a time is ridiculous especially when you see the gymnast on the bench and Danny Batth on benches that Fry is already on.

7 mins in and we have only touched the ball on a the few occasions we’ve booted it up. Pressure is non existent and derby are just running rings around our entire team. We really need to start get going. Crowd starting to get anxious already as we have shown zero desire.

Apparently we've worked on our set pieces this week and Flint/Ayala have been told to stay out of each others way... I'll believe it when we score one we should have sorted that out a month ago but if we really have sorted our set pieces out it'll be progress.

Peace I am out

Huggles

Agree Wilson. Well said

Yeah, spot on Wilson.

Only one team in it so far. Clumsy free kick from Ayala in a very dangerous position. If you didn’t know there is no way you would think the team in red is top half team.