• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had a better start that I thought we would in all honesty and I expected us to lose today... however, I think a few new faces are needed in January, or give the young lads a game.

Just noticed Monk, Karanka and McClaren are all 4 points behind us.

Yes there are a few Boro ex managers in this league who want to show Gibson just how badly he screwed up and don't forget Tony Mowbray.

AK and McClaren seem to be building strong teams and their chairmen are ready to back them.

I can see AK being a excellent manager in the future. 

McClaren and Monk were never my favourites although McClaren was the best Boro manager of all time when you look at what he achieved.

Big Tony was never allowed to spend any brass because we were skint which was a pity because I don't believe we saw the best of his managerial work.

I was delighted with a point in the end. A lot of teams would have collapsed with that first 20 minute onslaught and to be fair we rode our luck a little, however, we have a fantastic keeper, plus you're always in with a chance in a one goal game. With  better finishing we could have  stolen it, lol. Someone said they were embarrassed by our equaliser, ridiculous thing to say.

A lot of posters not enjoying the journey, because they think it should include a first class ticket, it doesn't... Maybe you should switch trains, there's available journeys leaving for Liverpool, Manchester and Chelsea.

Better finishing?? we didn't have a shot on target and they caned us for most of the game...not sure what you were watching.

That's actually not true. They caned us for the first 20 minutes, and could have been 3-0 up, but weren't. After we changed shape we gave them a game. We had some excellent chances, but didn't get ANY on target. In the end we ground out a good point.

Is it too late to ask Aitor very nicely if he’ll pop back and finish what he started?

What to get us relagated

No, get us into Europe. ??

We’d need McLaren back for that

I was delighted with a point in the end. A lot of teams would have collapsed with that first 20 minute onslaught and to be fair we rode our luck a little, however, we have a fantastic keeper, plus you're always in with a chance in a one goal game. With  better finishing we could have  stolen it, lol. Someone said they were embarrassed by our equaliser, ridiculous thing to say.

A lot of posters not enjoying the journey, because they think it should include a first class ticket, it doesn't... Maybe you should switch trains, there's available journeys leaving for Liverpool, Manchester and Chelsea.

Absolutely spot on.

This place has become so negative it's ridiculous.

Well at least TP has promised big changes for the Palace game (Beardy Smog to do the honours) and though playing against a PL team it will be interesting to see just how well the 3 lads many are calling for will do.

With another, yes another IB coming up (who cares about England V USA) personally I hope they do very well as I really do see them being part of a team that could go towards what we all want from Boro this season

I'm trying to paint the picture of what I say when I say the set pieces drying up is really bad news for us people don't realise the extent to which we are built to earn and capitalise on set pieces.

From 2009-2012 Stoke City scored around 35-36 PL goals per season and on average *20* of those goals per season were set pieces over 55%. His primetime at WBA he was closing on 20 set piece goals again it's when those set piece goals dried up WBA started really struggling what happened to us since the Leeds game? Set piece goals have absolutely dried up so we have gotten poor results in general and games that should be put away Hull/Rotherham we drop 4 points. We can argue about the lack of pace in the team all we want we've been saying that for years anyway when we fielded Reach/Stuani wide we bemoaned the same thing doesn't change the disparity in this squad being just ridiculously high valued at close to 80 million something Aitor did not have the luxury of dealing with so the poor Tony line doesn't wash with me he has a squad he's built he might have a couple too many strikers from previous managers he doesn't like but it's not like they're useless journeyman I mean Christ we could cobble together a bench worth over 20 million not many teams in this league that could do that.

Most alarming thing for me in the past 6 weeks has been how poor our set pieces are the only way we get promoted is if we pull in 25-30 set piece goals and that's on the low side of what I'd expect from us the fact week to week, besides today we were better today, our set pieces just do not get better is way more alarming than Britt running down alleys for 90 minutes or us wacking 40 yard diagonals. If we don't start scoring set piece goals soon we'll miss benchmarks and fall behind I'm not even going to go there on we can sign players in January because well I mean... I mean come on I'm terrified of what we'll do in January it'll either be reckless, incompetent or inadequate I don't even want to think about another transfer window with us at the minute.

Good point about the set pieces, but don't equate our transfer spend with ability though.

Britt cost 16m and he doesn't look like he's worth 5m at the moment. Gestede and Fletcher were 7m each when they're not worth anywhere near that combined.

If this squad cost 80m, we've overpaid by about 50m. A lot of the crap wasn't bought by Pulis but the players he has brought in are no better either.

Who bought Randolph he’s proved a great buy. As has flint and saville. I don’t get some thinking saville was a waste of money I’d put him up there as our best midfielder .

An encouraging aspect is that we have one more point than we did last season against Derby at home!

On a side note does anyone know the full implications of last nights helicopter crash at Leicester at all?

Hearing Glen Hoddle is comfortable and sad to hear the news that a Brighton fan died at the game yesterday.

Makes you think why the trials and errors of a group of guys is important when in reality it should not.

I'm trying to paint the picture of what I say when I say the set pieces drying up is really bad news for us people don't realise the extent to which we are built to earn and capitalise on set pieces.

From 2009-2012 Stoke City scored around 35-36 PL goals per season and on average *20* of those goals per season were set pieces over 55%. His primetime at WBA he was closing on 20 set piece goals again it's when those set piece goals dried up WBA started really struggling what happened to us since the Leeds game? Set piece goals have absolutely dried up so we have gotten poor results in general and games that should be put away Hull/Rotherham we drop 4 points. We can argue about the lack of pace in the team all we want we've been saying that for years anyway when we fielded Reach/Stuani wide we bemoaned the same thing doesn't change the disparity in this squad being just ridiculously high valued at close to 80 million something Aitor did not have the luxury of dealing with so the poor Tony line doesn't wash with me he has a squad he's built he might have a couple too many strikers from previous managers he doesn't like but it's not like they're useless journeyman I mean Christ we could cobble together a bench worth over 20 million not many teams in this league that could do that.

Most alarming thing for me in the past 6 weeks has been how poor our set pieces are the only way we get promoted is if we pull in 25-30 set piece goals and that's on the low side of what I'd expect from us the fact week to week, besides today we were better today, our set pieces just do not get better is way more alarming than Britt running down alleys for 90 minutes or us wacking 40 yard diagonals. If we don't start scoring set piece goals soon we'll miss benchmarks and fall behind I'm not even going to go there on we can sign players in January because well I mean... I mean come on I'm terrified of what we'll do in January it'll either be reckless, incompetent or inadequate I don't even want to think about another transfer window with us at the minute.

Good point about the set pieces, but don't equate our transfer spend with ability though.

Britt cost 16m and he doesn't look like he's worth 5m at the moment. Gestede and Fletcher were 7m each when they're not worth anywhere near that combined.

If this squad cost 80m, we've overpaid by about 50m. A lot of the crap wasn't bought by Pulis but the players he has brought in are no better either.

Who bought Randolph he’s proved a great buy. As has flint and saville. I don’t get some thinking saville was a waste of money I’d put him up there as our best midfielder .

Just out of curiosity, why exactly would you put Saville up there as our best midfielder? Genuine question, as I’ve seen nothing from him so far.