oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Derby County 1-1 (Bogle OG)

How about trying to work things out on the training pitch instead of in the transfer market. We have players that can attack, we just need to put them to good use and actually work on attacking in training.

Agree with that. Can’t deny that we are missing a genuine winger or two but we certainly have the players to play better than we currently are. We saw a lot of possession yesterday after the first 30 mins but often it was too slow. There is absolutely no need to have both Hugill and Gestede on the bench. Yesterday a quick player like Tav or Fletcher was more needed. I’d also like to see Braithwaite start up front instead of Britt. He’s a lot quicker and technically better.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

How about trying to work things out on the training pitch instead of in the transfer market. We have players that can attack, we just need to put them to good use and actually work on attacking in training.

Agree with that. Can’t deny that we are missing a genuine winger or two but we certainly have the players to play better than we currently are. We saw a lot of possession yesterday after the first 30 mins but often it was too slow. There is absolutely no need to have both Hugill and Gestede on the bench. Yesterday a quick player like Tav or Fletcher was more needed. I’d also like to see Braithwaite start up front instead of Britt. He’s a lot quicker and technically better.

I don't know about quicker, I've not really seen Braithwaite flat out. (But I guess you should know BD). Definitely technically better though, by a mile!

Positives from this game:

Derby's chances was never "play through" but shots from the distance (roughly)

We have THE best keeper in the league (relative)

Pulis took action EARLY, which Kranky never did. A plan B early, when A plan A didn't work at all.

The players never surrendered to the pressure, not even when Derby scored. We kept fighting and forcing the momentum to our side.

Defense works well and it took an og for them to score.

Negatvies:

We are very ineffective in the last third.

Not creating enough chances.

Missing the few chances we create. (If we had attackers that rarely missed the big ones, we would smash this league)

Players who does not perform well, keeps getting the nod, when we have hungry youngsters (if you can call wing and Fletcher that - both 23 years old)

Expensive but dull bench. Why do we need 2 huge ineffective target men there?

First Riverside goal since September 19th was an og.

Fans overreacting and booing the players, which won't help gaining their confidence. (it can be very hard for strikers to end a scoring crisis, if the pressure gets worse)

When and that's a careful when.... When we find the right combination of players in the final third.. when our players don't miss sitters.. We will go on a winning spree.

Is this post also too positive? :D

We have young forward players with similar international experience (Tav, Chapman) as Derby. Why is it theirs can play, but we must go out and sign to fill the winger position? Our wage bill and overall budget must be insane when compared to others in the league. That money is going to run out soon, especially with Brexit coming to ruin haulage companies.

And some bad news for everyone.. Dael Fry wasn't totally awful at RB so expect him to play there more.  :masked:

We have young forward players with similar international experience (Tav, Chapman) as Derby. Why is it theirs can play, but we must go out and sign to fill the winger position? Our wage bill and overall budget must be insane when compared to others in the league. That money is going to run out soon, especially with Brexit coming to ruin haulage companies.

And some bad news for everyone.. Dael Fry wasn't totally awful at RB so expect him to play there more.  :masked:

money shouldent be an issue realy, with our sells and that we realy ddient spendmuch of the PL money. But I guess we have a lot of "black holes"

Pulis took action EARLY, which Kranky never did. A plan B early, when A plan A didn't work at all.

The players never surrendered to the pressure, not even when Derby scored. We kept fighting and forcing the momentum to our side.

Negatvies:

Missing the few chances we create. (If we had attackers that rarely missed the big ones, we would smash this league)

Players who does not perform well, keeps getting the nod, when we have hungry youngsters (if you can call wing and Fletcher that - both 23 years old)

Fans overreacting and booing the players, which won't help gaining their confidence. (it can be very hard for strikers to end a scoring crisis, if the pressure gets worse)

When and that's a careful when.... When we find the right combination of players in the final third.. when our players don't miss sitters.. We will go on a winning spree.

Good post SD, but definitely too positive for this forum.

Negatvies:

It's not too positive because you listed a bunch of negatives lol.

I think you've covered most of how I feel to be honest.

I completely agree with you on Tav. He's done nothing wrong to warrant being left out. Chapman I don't think is ready. He never seems to be able to build up a run of games and hasn't really impressed when with the first team. I'd be delighted for him if he can go on loan to Mogga in january and get some Championship games for a manager that seems to rate him.

Tbh I don't really mind Fry playing RB if it's in a back 4. He can carry the ball forward. Might not be the best crosser but at least he has enough confidence and ability to not just launch the ball forward.

I don't know about quicker, I've not really seen Braithwaite flat out. (But I guess you should know BD). Definitely technically better though, by a mile!

He is definately quicker. I'd be surprised if he isn't the quickest player in our squad.

I'd like to see a front six of:

------------Clayton-----------

-------Howson--Besic-------

----Downing-------Tav------

----------Braithwaite--------

A lot more pace and desire in that lineup.

He is definately quicker. I'd be surprised if he isn't the quickest player in our squad.

I'd like to see a front six of:

------------Clayton-----------

-------Howson--Besic-------

----Downing-------Tav------

----------Braithwaite--------

A lot more pace and desire in that lineup.

Can't fault your team but there is absolutely zero chance of that happening.

What depressed me was that as soon as Gestede and Saville came on for Britt and Besic, i couldn't see us getting a goal and we got such a fortunate slice of luck to paper over that.

Also, the whole 3 defenders on a bench is beyond baffling at this point. Put one of Tav, Wing or Chapman on there and only put Gestede or Hugill. There is a much of a muchness right now on our bench.

However, Pulis won't do any of that. This is exactly what we knew it was going to be.

Dael Fry at RB....that's what we signed up for and that is what we've got.

What depressed me was that as soon as Gestede and Saville came on for Britt and Besic, i couldn't see us getting a goal and we got such a fortunate slice of luck to paper over that.

Also, the whole 3 defenders on a bench is beyond baffling at this point. Put one of Tav, Wing or Chapman on there and only put Gestede or Hugill. There is a much of a muchness right now on our bench.

However, Pulis won't do any of that. This is exactly what we knew it was going to be.

Although you could argue that if you put enough balls in to the box, eventually something will happen, and it did?

I don't mind the more direct approach of getting balls in to the box early. I'd rather we were pumping balls in to the oppo's box than the other way around to be honest!!

Although you could argue that if you put enough balls in to the box, eventually something will happen, and it did?

I don't mind the more direct approach of getting balls in to the box early. I'd rather we were pumping balls in to the oppo's box than the other way around to be honest!!

But it was borderline aimless - I'm all for putting quality into the box but we will literally lumping it. Followed the exact same pattern as the last 15 minutes against Rotherham, this is where we are heading when Gestede is on the pitch.

But it was borderline aimless - I'm all for putting quality into the box but we will literally lumping it. Followed the exact same pattern as the last 15 minutes against Rotherham, this is where we are heading when Gestede is osn the pitch.

I 100% agree with you that getting better quality balls in to the box would be more fruitful.... and enjoyable to watch! However, I still don't mind an approach where getting balls in to the opposition box is a priority.