oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Derby County 1-1 (Bogle OG)

Is being 'near the top' really that big a deal when so many teams can say the same thing? QPR in 10th are four points off 2nd.

Fail to beat at least one of Stoke and Wigan (not inconceivable, they're better than Hull and Rotherham) and we could quite easily slip out the play-offs. Could even start the Stoke game in 6th come Saturday.

I'm not trying to be overly negative here, but let's not kid ourselves that we have built up some points buffer between other sides - because we really haven't. Its tight as hell and we won't be there for long if we don't start scoring some bloody goals.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Is being 'near the top' really that big a deal when so many teams can say the same thing? QPR in 10th are four points off 2nd.

Fail to beat at least one of Stoke and Wigan (not inconceivable, they're better than Hull and Rotherham) and we could quite easily slip out the play-offs. Could even start the Stoke game in 6th come Saturday.

I'm not trying to be overly negative here, but let's not kid ourselves that we have built up some points buffer between other sides - because we really haven't. Its tight as hell and we won't be there for long if we don't start scoring some bloody goals.

If we make play offs then what - 1 shot on target over two legs - yaaaay

Whats the soul destroying part of this is I'm pretty sure most of us thought Derby could take us out and we could lose or at best salvage a draw - when you salvage a draw at home against a direct rival from an own goal its another nail in the coffin. I no longer go into a game with any optimism, I expect nothing and Pulis gives exactly that,  to see how desperately the fans celebrated that own goal should eat away at Tony Pulis, can anyone really say they are looking forward to the next match?

My best mate has just missed the last two games, I've known him all my life and only ever known him miss a game if hes really ill - he even books holidays abroad so it doesn't clash with match day, I forgot we had a game the other Friday till I was reminded - thats how exciting it is lately

Even George Friend alluded to this sort of thing the other day, when he said "there is a strange atmosphere around the club".

I personally feel so confused about all of it.

We are near the top of the league, but in my opinion, we are playing absolutely dire football and i find it hard to enjoy the games,  but we are near the top of the league.

So i should be happy, but i'm not.

That quote by Friend just suggests that the players know something is off and maybe Pulis is actually losing the dressing room which is something I alluded to during the game. It just didn't look like a team playing for their manager. Looks like they are just going through the motions.

The team tried hard. You alluded to a lost dressing room, but I think it's rubbish. It looked nothing like a lost dressing room. Nor did the massive pile on on the line trying to defend our lead at Sheff Wed, with Clayton diving in at the back of the ruck, right inside the goal.

Whats the soul destroying part of this is I'm pretty sure most of us thought Derby could take us out and we could lose or at best salvage a draw - when you salvage a draw at home against a direct rival from an own goal its another nail in the coffin. I no longer go into a game with any optimism, I expect nothing and Pulis gives exactly that,  to see how desperately the fans celebrated that own goal should eat away at Tony Pulis, can anyone really say they are looking forward to the next match?

My best mate has just missed the last two games, I've known him all my life and only ever known him miss a game if hes really ill - he even books holidays abroad so it doesn't clash with match day, I forgot we had a game the other Friday till I was reminded - thats how exciting it is lately

Even George Friend alluded to this sort of thing the other day, when he said "there is a strange atmosphere around the club".

We are near the top of the league, but in my opinion, we are playing absolutely dire football and i find it hard to enjoy the games,  but we are near the top of the league.

That quote by Friend just suggests that the players know something is off and maybe Pulis is actually losing the dressing room which is something I alluded to during the game. It just didn't look like a team playing for their manager. Looks like they are just going through the motions.

The team tried hard. You alluded to a lost dressing room, but I think it's rubbish. It looked nothing like a lost dressing room. Nor did the massive pile on on the line trying to defend our lead at Sheff Wed, with Clayton diving in at the back of the ruck, right inside the goal.

I hope you are right, which you probably are. It just doesn’t look like a team buying into Pulis setup 100%. Either that or the manager really hasn’t got a clue how to organize a strong attack.

I hope you are right, which you probably are. It just doesn’t look like a team buying into Pulis setup 100%. Either that or the manager really hasn’t got a clue how to organize a strong attack.

Mate, I think it's because you don't like Pulis.... it's making you come up with these theories - LOL. I've heard ex players say that he's a really good manager.

Mate, I think it's because you don't like Pulis.... it's making you come up with these theories - LOL. I've heard ex players say that he's a really good manager.

Were they central defenders and targetmen ;)

I am pretty sure Adama like him

I am pretty sure Adama like him

Shock horror, Manager who likes pacy wingers is liked by the only pacy winger at club.

More at 10.