oneBoro Forum

Boro v Crystal Palace (Carabao Cup 4th round) 1-0 (WING)

Warning: The following match day thread has been inspired by Pulisball.

Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace.

Intro.

This match involves two football teams. Things will happen. Probably.

Big match questions.

What is your favourite colour paint to watch dry?

Is Lewis Wing going to be allowed out of the cupboard?

What will the score be?

Do you really care?

Prediction.

1-0 Palace. Zaha will score for them and OG will have a shot on target for us sending the fans into scenes of celebration not seen in these parts since Strachan.

If any of you have a problem with my creativity you can go away, Tony said he is more than happy with it because I had plenty of touches near the oppositions match day thread.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BS for getting this up I know you are going through a tough a tough time at the moment.

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=173202

Some thoughts about the game from a Palace fans point of view.

Going to be some questions asked if Boro do well against Palace especially if the likes of Tav,Chapman,Fletcher and Wing are part of a winning team and put on good individual performances.

So will he play them? Good question for any conspiracy theorists.

Hopefully it will be a good game to watch and that somehow we get through to the 6th round

WIll be weird if Wing plays. When was the last time he was involved in any squad, first team or u23. Surely he isn't match fit. I suspect McNair will slip into midfield alongside Saville and Clayton will keep his place. Tav and Fletcher behind Hugill. I hope he takes this game somewhat serious and not field 16 year olds. Might aswell go for it with the quarter finals up next.

-------------Randolph-------------

Fry--Batth--Ayala--McQueen

----McNair-Clayton-Saville----

------Tav----------Braithwaite---

--------------Fletcher---------------

I'd like to see Fletcher up front with Braithwaite and Tav behind, but I'm fairly certain Pulis will play Hugill. Ayala is suspended at the weekend so he might aswell play this game.

Btw do anyone know why this is the only game kicking off at 20:00 with the other games at 19:45? Surely it can't be for TV reasons with West Ham-Spurs also playing.

Edit: it seems like all the games are screened. At least they are all on Eurosport player here. Need to sign up for a monthly subscription, so that's out of the question. Got to be streams though.

WIll be weird if Wing plays. When was the last time he was involved in any squad, first team or u23. Surely he isn't match fit. I suspect McNair will slip into midfield alongside Saville and Clayton will keep his place. Tav and Fletcher behind Hugill. I hope he takes this game somewhat serious and not field 16 year olds. Might aswell go for it with the quarter finals up next.

-------------Randolph-------------

Fry--Batth--Ayala--McQueen

----McNair-Clayton-Saville----

------Tav----------Braithwaite---

--------------Fletcher---------------

I'd like to see Fletcher up front with Braithwaite and Tav behind, but I'm fairly certain Pulis will play Hugill. Ayala is suspended at the weekend so he might aswell play this game.

I got to the Nottingham at home game really early and I found it weird Wing was in training kit doing sprints the length of the pitch over and over with just a coach not sure who it was. It looked like fitness tests found it abit weird it was going on pre match.

Hard to really offer any predictions without knowing what kind of team Palace intend to put out. They don't score many (especially when Zaha isn't playing) and neither do we... so smart money is probably on 0-0 and pens. If two complete reserve teams are put out then I guess anything could happen.

Probably won't watch to be completely honest, might have it on the radio. Getting to the quarters could be a fun distraction from the league.

Btw do anyone know why this is the only game kicking off at 20:00 with the other games at 19:45? Surely it can't be for TV reasons with West Ham-Spurs also playing.

Edit: it seems like all the games are screened. At least they are all on Eurosport player here. Need to sign up for a monthly subscription, so that's out of the question. Got to be streams though.

Den vises på Viaplay, Stephan.

Hard to really offer any predictions without knowing what kind of team Palace intend to put out. They don't score many (especially when Zaha isn't playing) and neither do we... so smart money is probably on 0-0 and pens. If two complete reserve teams are put out then I guess anything could happen.

Probably won't watch to be completely honest, might have it on the radio. Getting to the quarters could be a fun distraction from the league.

I've got my prediction - BORING

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan fack off moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan

Merry xmas

Den vises på Viaplay, Stephan.

Nice. I didn't know that.

I think there were more comments on this match when the draw was made than there are now a day before kick off... a sign of the times.

But just to say, if we win we will be one of eight teams in the QUARTER FINALS!

It could happen, Palace's season isn't going great so far and the league is their only priority.

Maybe, just maybe, if remaining heavy weights ***nal, Spurs, City and Chelsea all draw each other along the way we might have a route through to the final.

Let's win our trophy back... UTB

P.S. Sorry to be a stickler but this is the 4th round, can we update the thread title to accommodate my OCD - thank you :D

P.P.S Hope all's ok Beardy. You've got us all hooked on 'Beard Watch' and 'Tip of the Beard', now we're in withdrawal!

Well victory would help with confidence. Pulis has to put a competitive team out at the very least.

I am so bad at predictions, but I will risk all by predicting either Boro or Palace will win.  :cheese:

And.....I will stick my neck out and predict it will go to penalties. :)