oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

Boro v Stoke City (a) 0-0

Ye, I'd be happy with Fletcher given a run in the side although I believe Pulis is going to give Hugill ago for the next 4 or 5 games.

I'm losing patience with Braithwaite though and his non involvement in games is really affecting us, I thought Saville was bought in as a potential number 10 so maybe him or even McNair deserve a shot in that role

Braithwaite having little impact because he's been shafted out to the wing again. Infact saying wing is pushing it with how defensive we set up he's closer to wingback.

Get him more central and closer to the striker and he'll be our best player, if not Mayaswell get rid.

Braithwaite having little impact because he's been shafted out to the wing again. Infact saying wing is pushing it with how defensive we set up he's closer to wingback.

Get him more central and closer to the striker and he'll be our best player, if not Mayaswell get rid.

Yep, even on the wing he has his moments, but surprise surprise they all usually come when he's drifted central.

Play him as a ST or a number 10 or there's not much point, he's not going to play as the winger that Pulis usually likes out there.

McClean started on some boro fans at the end ahahaha

Also I just saw the video and McClean didn't start on Boro fans, Boro fans started on him, yelling abuse at him for not wearing the poppy as he left the pitch.

Matic of Man Utd doesn't wear the poppy. The media don't highlight him and nobody abuses him. People should make up their own minds on these topics and not let the media stir up hatred for no good reason. McClean not wearing the poppy should not even be a story now as he has never worn it and likely never will.

Matic of Man Utd doesn't wear the poppy. The media don't highlight him and nobody abuses him. People should make up their own minds on these topics and not let the media stir up hatred for no good reason. McClean not wearing the poppy should not even be a story now as he has never worn it and likely never will.

I respect McClean’s decision, I honestly couldn’t care less about what is in my eyes a non-issue, and refused to join in with any of the chants aimed at him yesterday. However, he’s made a decision that’s controversial in many people’s eyes and given the nature of football crowds should expect abuse. So to rise to it and call them out for a fight is daft. Boro fans were calling him to come back out from the tunnel after he left. Tragic from both sides but pretty funny

Agree with everything you said. The fact it gets people riled up meaning easy clicks for journos is why it’s always a story

I respect McClean’s decision, I honestly couldn’t care less about what is in my eyes a non-issue, and refused to join in with any of the chants aimed at him yesterday. However, he’s made a decision that’s controversial in many people’s eyes and given the nature of football crowds should expect abuse. So to rise to it and call them out for a fight is daft. Boro fans were calling him to come back out from the tunnel after he left. Tragic from both sides but pretty funny

Agree with everything you said. The fact it gets people riled up meaning easy clicks for journos is why it’s always a story

Far point well made RSS

Also I just saw the video and McClean didn't start on Boro fans, Boro fans started on him, yelling abuse at him for not wearing the poppy as he left the pitch.

Some absolute creatures follow this club

Some absolute creatures follow this club

Follow every club

For the right of freedom and those who ultimately made the sacrifice I absolutely unquestionably support Remembrance Day. I will leave it at that. The BORO are paying the price for the lack of goals but they are pretty solid at defending and resolve. The issue being I don’t see that as a solution. The style of play is driving away support and draws don’t without wins won’t win promotion.

It sounded like the boos were not just coming from the Boro end - would that be accurate?

Honestly the way some people are going on about the game here you'd think we lost.

We only lost the news :P

It sounded like the boos were not just coming from the Boro end - would that be accurate?

Correct

Stoke set for internal James McClean talks to discuss social media post & Middlesbrough fall-out

The Republic of Ireland winger was booed by Stoke and Middlesbrough fans after refusing to wear a poppy for the game

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-set-internal-james-mcclean-15372126

Correct

Stoke set for internal James McClean talks to discuss social media post & Middlesbrough fall-out

The Republic of Ireland winger was booed by Stoke and Middlesbrough fans after refusing to wear a poppy for the game

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-set-internal-james-mcclean-15372126

His tweet quoting Bobby Sands wasn't the brightest thing to do!!

• Latest Posts

• Northern lad too, shouldn't be as big a deal to tempt him to Teesside. £4m is far too much for one good year in Scotland though.
    • Good points, agree with what you posted
    • Randolph Nsue Ayala Gibson Friend De Roon Forshaw Traore Fischer Negredo Stuani/Bamford
    • To be awkward, because, well, I am awkward, I decided not to include the Premier League season.  Being honest about it, Negredo is easily the best forward from this decade in terms of quality.  Even players like Chambers, Fischer, Espinosa, would probably walk into many of the teams we fielded over the decade.  Given that many of those players did bugger all really, I don't want to pick them so it's Championship players only.                Randolph Fabio  Ayala Gibson Friend          Clayton Leadbitter                  Robson Adomah                Ramirez                 Bamford   It was tougher than I thought really.  GK was easy enough for me as it was really between Randolph and Given and Randolph has been pretty much our best, most consistent player since he signed for us.  Right back was a toughy.  I don't think any of them were especially good for any length of time.  I almost snuck Rhys Williams in there to get him into the side but he wasn't that good as a right back so I didn't.  Hoyte, McMahon, Varga, Fredericks, Kalas, Nsue, Christie, Fabio, Shotton, Howson.  In the end I cheated slightly and selected Fabio as I think he was probably the better player out of that lot.  Nsue probably should have been chosen though as he played more games.  Central defenders speak for themselves.  Maybe could have looked at Williams here because when he was fit, healthy and on top of his game, he was a good player or Wheater before he left but they are not in the same class as that partnership was for us.  Friend is obvious at left back, great value signing and played for a lot of the decade. In midfield, I was a big fan of Robson and would have liked to see him playing in better sides.  I think he'd have done ok for Karanka for example.  But you also have to respect the job that Leadbitter and Clayton did as well so I ended up selecting all three.  I didn't think that the likes of Arca, Butterfield, Whitehead, Bailey, McEachran or the more recent lot had done enough to get into the side. The attacking players were a bit tricky as well.  Adomah I would say is the easiest choice as he did well for us over 3 seasons.  Bamford is the best striker I've seen playing for us in the Championship so would have to select him ahead of Lita, McDonald, Emnes, Juke, Nugent, Assombalonga etc.  I didn't like selecting Ramirez as he only had a 6 month spell with us in the Championship and I think he's a *** but he did have a big impact in that time and he was a good player.  I suppose Tomlin, Traore, and one or two others might have cause to grumble about not being selected but I feel Ramirez had a bigger impact than them. I reckon that team gets promoted fairly comfortably.