oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City (a) 0-0

For those who are making the trip down to Stoke, I suggest it'd be within good reason to have a Lewis Wing chant/song going if he's not featured in the 18. Same goes for the home game against Wigan. The boy needs playing and the fans need to be heard. 'Where's Lewis Winggg? Where's Lewis Winggg? Where's Lewis Wing, wheres Lewis wing, wheres Lewis Winggg?'

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are making the trip down to Stoke, I suggest it'd be within good reason to have a Lewis Wing chant/song going if he's not featured in the 18. Same goes for the home game against Wigan. The boy needs playing and the fans need to be heard. 'Where's Lewis Winggg? Where's Lewis Winggg? Where's Lewis Wing, wheres Lewis wing, wheres Lewis Winggg?'

That wouldn’t change a thing and only heap more pressure on Lewis Wing

That wouldn’t change a thing and only heap more pressure on Lewis Wing

How does it put pressure on him? Surely it gives him confidence?

I don't see it as adding pressure at all. Its a message directed to Pulis. Lewis Wing will know what the fans think of him already, and he'll be as desperate as us lot to him getting in the starting 11

Dont you think that a young inexperienced lad with 10 games or so under his belt will feel a bit of extra pressure when he finally plays if the entire fan base is chanting for the manager to play him? Sure it’s a pad on the back from the supporters but also some extra weight on his shoulders.

He's 23, and he's already shown he can make the step up to the championship. He's very comfortable on the ball and seems level headed mentally. Being a football player, pressure is part and parcel of the job. It's how you deal with it and having pressure isn't always a negative thing as players can often thrive off it to prove a point etc so going back to my initial post, this should be happening if we don't see him Saturday

My starting line up would be -

.....................Randolph..........................

.............Fry...Flint......Bath.................

.................Howson....Clayton................

Braithwaite.......Wing........................Tav

....................Hugill....Britt.........................

Btw i know Pulis wont do that.

On that Pulis question he was brought in to do a job i believe, not to play pretty football or get the fans excited but to get us back in the prem and keep us there. Pulis will try to do this absolutely ruthlessly his way and if he achieves it fair play, i mean when was last time any other manager was able to do that for us? what you have to hope is that once Gibson realises Pulis has taken us as far as he can if that we part ways peacefully and then hopefully enjoy the next manager in terms of the style of football. I think as boro fans we have got to think of the long game not the short time football style we are watching.

I think you're right... and if the wins are being ground out then fans will accept the pragmatism - which is exactly what was happening in the first part of the season. Many fans will accept crap football as part of a 'long game plan' if we win 1-0 from a corner most weeks. BUT we've won three of the last nine and lots of teams have caught us up. Bar a freak own goal we haven't scored in four home games. Those numbers won't get us top two - and we're not talking a minor blip here, nine games is almost a quarter of a season.

It needs to improve soon or we can forget Gibson's long term plan because at least two teams will 100% pull away if we can't start scoring and winning.

Spot on.

My starting line up would be -

.....................Randolph..........................

.............Fry...Flint......Bath.................

.................Howson....Clayton................

Braithwaite.......Wing........................Tav

....................Hugill....Britt.........................

Btw i know Pulis wont do that.

On that Pulis question he was brought in to do a job i believe, not to play pretty football or get the fans excited but to get us back in the prem and keep us there. Pulis will try to do this absolutely ruthlessly his way and if he achieves it fair play, i mean when was last time any other manager was able to do that for us? what you have to hope is that once Gibson realises Pulis has taken us as far as he can if that we part ways peacefully and then hopefully enjoy the next manager in terms of the style of football. I think as boro fans we have got to think of the long game not the short time football style we are watching.

It's hard to disagree with you about our playing style but we'd get murdered if we put that team out with that formation today!

Stoke's defence are very individual error prone which makes me think he'll go with Britt up front who's usually good at capitalising on shaky defences, if we get a point or more it's a good result if we keep up the set piece delivery from Derby we'll score no worries if we revert to the go nowhere delivery of Rotherham/month previous we might struggle to put the pressure on.

I think he'll stick with Besic at the tip of the 3 CM midfield so I'm not expecting Wing, Braithwaite and Downing wide so we'll see hoping to see improvements though from McNair/Braithwaite/Britt hopefully Howson finds that extra gear he had earlier in the season as well he's not quite gliding past midfield's with the ball like he was earlier in the season we'll need ball carriers in the midfield today.

Stoke's defence are very individual error prone which makes me think he'll go with Britt up front who's usually good at capitalising on shaky defences, if we get a point or more it's a good result if we keep up the set piece delivery from Derby we'll score no worries if we revert to the go nowhere delivery of Rotherham/month previous we might struggle to put the pressure on.

I think he'll stick with Besic at the tip of the 3 CM midfield so I'm not expecting Wing, Braithwaite and Downing wide so we'll see hoping to see improvements though from McNair/Braithwaite/Britt hopefully Howson finds that extra gear he had earlier in the season as well he's not quite gliding past midfield's with the ball like he was earlier in the season we'll need ball carriers in the midfield today.

I hope that we see that from Fry as he seems to be effective in parts so encouraging to say the least

I hope that we see that from Fry as he seems to be effective in parts so encouraging to say the least

If he goes 451 I'd bet Fry goes RB over McNair because he has a throw if it's 541 I'd love to say Fry gets in to bring the ball out but after Bathh's performance midweek I think he'll get the nod ahead of him. He has some selection decisions to make for sure I'm just not getting the vibe Tav/Wing have much of a chance of playing, Saville's still a mystery to me we're playing him in the left sided holding midfield role anytime he comes on which is why the average Wolves Saville is the one we're seeing would love to know why we're consciously playing him in that role and if it is deliberate why did we buy him?

It's been 2 months since we signed Saville and we're going into a big away game not even talking about him if you'd have told me we wouldn't even be discussing him being in the lineup when we signed him I'd have laughed. Today would be a good day for Braithwaite to turn the lively recent performances into a gamewinning performance hopefully that's the way tonight pans out we're due a Braithwaite goal and MOTM game he could still be the difference for us vs these big teams.