oneBoro Forum

Boro V Wigan Athletic 2-0 (Hugill (2) )

I feel drawn to go through the draws we have had and see, if they were lucky or unlucky

Millwall: Lucky, but we pressed hard to get lucky. (No pun)

Leeds: Deserved draw away, where we could have nicked the 3 points.

Swansea: Unlucky, cause we had a few chances to win it. Saville hitting the crossbar, comes to mind.

Hull: Unlucky. That damn tricky bast*** from Hull earned a penna in the dying minutes and we could/should have scored a second before that.

Rotherham: Unlucky - The weakest away team came to defend and we should have scored. Martin's clear cut chance Braitwasted

Derby: Lucky as fack

Stoke: Deserved draw and both teams could have nicked it, but we should have scored via Jordan Huge ill local lad fanboy clumsiness...

Maybe we should call it effective/ineffective instead of lucky/unlucky...

Agree with most of that. However Hull scored in the 69th minute so we had plenty of time to get another goal, but didn't create much before Howson had a header saved on the line in injury time (which was unlucky but I don't think we deserved three points in that game).

To be fair to Hugill it was a brilliant piece of goalkeeping from Butland to deny him.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see a DS match day thread once again!

I'm just hoping to be entertained. It's been pretty dull the last two or three home games. I want that feeling back of actually getting excited about going to a game, rather than just going because that's what I do...

1-0 boro. Downing to score a free kick

Good to see a DS match day thread once again!

I'm just hoping to be entertained. It's been pretty dull the last two or three home games. I want that feeling back of actually getting excited about going to a game, rather than just going because that's what I do...

1-0 boro. Downing to score a free kick

He’s finding it difficult beating the first man on a corner, how is he going to score from a free kick ;)

I'm expecting Hugill to break his duck today. That's if Pulis still has faith in him and doesn't drop him to the bench. Surprised at the lack of interest in The Blades dropping points as we'll overtake them with a win.

I'm expecting Hugill to break his duck today. That's if Pulis still has faith in him and doesn't drop him to the bench. Surprised at the lack of interest in The Blades dropping points as we'll overtake them with a win.

Indeed we have the chance to overtake Sheffield once again but there lays the problem we seem to mess up chances :cheese:

Big game for the Boro today we must turn up otherwise it will be a long fortnights wait.

Oh and a happy birthday today Ladyspite hopefully the Boro will give you a "fun" win this afternoon

I'm obviously hoping for a win today but I also want to see a more positive frame of mind than we've seen recently.

I don't expect champagne football but I'm hoping for more tempo in our play and getting players into the opposition box.

Hopefully it isn't one of those games where we give inferior opposition too much respect and start the game really cagey.

I'm obviously hoping for a win today but I also want to see a more positive frame of mind than we've seen recently.

I don't expect champagne football but I'm hoping for more tempo in our play and getting players into the opposition box.

Hopefully it isn't one of those games where we give inferior opposition too much respect and start the game really cagey.

Know what you mean but following the Rotherham game I am not going to ever think of a bottom of the tableish team as inferior opposition anymore because and has been shown following results have shown they were not that inferior (Rotherham's recent results show that).

It is purely down to how we start and if we dictate the tempo of the game.

My worry is that Wigan will do a "park the bus" routine on us

Know what you mean but following the Rotherham game I am not going to ever think of a bottom of the tableish team as inferior opposition anymore because and has been shown following results have shown they were not that inferior (Rotherham's recent results show that).

It is purely down to how we start and if we dictate the tempo of the game.

My worry is that Wigan will do a "park the bus" routine on us

I'm not calling them inferior because I think it'll be easy but the table suggests we are a promotion chasing team and they are mid table (and with lots of injuries).

If we want to be in the promotion reckoning we have to start beating teams like Rotherham Wigan otherwise we're gonna start drifting down the table.

If we play at our best we'll win because we've got better players, thats not arrogance its a fact. Now it's just up to Pulis and the players to start delivering.

Just checked since the first international break we have gained 14 points from 10 games so 1.4 points per game.

That is pretty average mid table form and shows a) how well we started the season and b) how poor we've been since September.

We need to start turning some of those recent draws into wins.

I am really caught in a dilemma today, i am doing not much today and could go to the game but I really cant see past a boring 0-0 and for tickets (transport and match) plus food is going to about 70 pound which is not a cheap amount. Is paying 70 pound and taking 4 hours out of your day worth it to watch what i feel like will be a 0-0 with little chances?

I really hope im wrong btw and thats the other side of me telling me to go just in case. Dont get me wrong i love going to games and will happily spend the money to watch us against burton without even a doubt in my mind but thats because in the cups we play decent football and the players pulis puts out in the cup give 100%.