oneBoro Forum

Boro V Wigan Athletic 2-0 (Hugill (2) )

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get in, although I do think this has much more to do with how bad Wigan are at the back more than us been brilliant going forward but will take it.

LOL - Or could we make them look bad?

Every game we win/do well in we're lucky.... according to some!

GET IN.

COME ON BORO!

What was Hugill's second goal like?

It was actually beautiful. It was a driven cross from Braithwaite that the keeper sort of slowed down with a parry, Hugill adjusted his body perfectly took it down on his chest and crushed the half volley into the roof of the net.

Get in, although I do think this has much more to do with how bad Wigan are at the back more than us been brilliant  going forward but will take it.

that wigan comms team seem to think they were doing well until friend got the pen. they probs be nervous or a hammering now. its typical football, go to a team who cant score for toffee at home and get thrashed lol.

hugill so pleased for him, hes been improving all the time. a fit and confident hugill is a good asset to have.

• Latest Posts

• A retired Shay Given gives us 15 more points than a season with Lumley
    • It’s going to be a hard transfer window and I think people may be expecting miracles. If we are to go up automatically we need to find an extra 20 or 18 points, a big, big ask. So the question would be, how much is the club willing to invest for a play off. To get up there we need to be out the blocks quickly and remain consistent and I don’t see that happening bedding in new players. The other question is how many quality players do we need and are they available, more likely, possibly not.  Realistically if we do well in the transfer market I’ll settle for the playoffs. 
    • 2 goals in 26 games in Turkey demonstrates his goal scoring prowess, if this floats your boat  - fair enough. A resource who costs far more than his worth.
    • happy for Sunderland, about time they got out of the third tier. so, thats another to add to the play off hopefulls next year
    • considering the attitude and quickness to fault pick on posts that dont match thier view that a fair few of the more prolific posters on here, have. thats a bold statement and i admire you for stating your opinion, which in all fairness is quite an accurate assessment.  if we get the Ben Gibson of the AK era ,then im not against resigning him but his form at the first half of this recent season was not a patch on that. add to that his wilderness years at burnley and the fee/wages ,well yep im in with the dont sign crowd. hes got most of the boxes ticked and tbh im not bothered wether hes more suited to a flat back four system, we could and most likely would do a lot worse in our choice.of alternatives.  personally i would take a gamble on ryan porteous from hbs , young(23), agressive, leader, brave and good in the air and with the ball on the ground, i say gamble purely because hes had off field issues and fall outs with management.