oneBoro Forum

Before the window opens

Admins, please delete, if not allowed. 

So.. We need to give this great forum a spark of life again .. It'g going in the right direction again, but it for sure will be better, when the window opens.

But before that, we could possible talk about/argue, which players we should go in for. 

I read some where, that Peter Crouch would be perfect for us ... Opinion? 

I have watched a few games of my home area club FC Midtjylland lately and the left wing back Marc Dal Hende is awesome. He scores good goals and can defend and for sure cross. Would be a good guy to have in the squad, to give Friend a serious challenge. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marc-dal-hende/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/126610

Who would YOU like to see in a Boro Hummel kit?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Del Hende us actually a good shout. But Midtjylland don’t sell important players cheaply. After all they managed to con Palace into paying something like 12 million for Sørloth.

An interesting question. We should have a decent amount of money to spend - especially as there may be a few sales...

Crouch - think he might not have the legs for Tony Pulis, who likes his strikers to graft. Crouch has mostly appeared from the bench for stoke.

Dal Hende - sounds good but may be too attacking for Pulis who prefers very defensive full backs (often converted CBs). Do you think he could play midfield?

Sala - great but sounds like he may be out of our reach? Cost 15m or more?

I’d like to see....

Bradley Dack (10m?) - good at winning the ball hit long, great passing, scored 7 in 13 this year already. Blackburn could even take assombolonga in exchange...

Ollie Watkins (8m?) - gets fouled a lot and is a good goal scoring option from out wide. Brentford’s season is done and they have a history of cashing in on a fallow year.

Matt Philips - (6m?) Good crosser, we are crying out for one with our CB pairing, might want to get wba promoted. Depends on his relationship with Tony Pulis.

Eliasson - (3m) right winger, could be bought from Bristol city fairly cheaply (especially if we can’t get Philips). Good at dead balls, cheap enough that can be replaced on promotion if needed.

K.Pederson (Blackburn, £4m) - left full back, good in the air, better crossing than our current two.

T.Edwards (Stoke, 4m + sell-on) - looked good vs us. Defender who can pass the ball forward early. Possibly too attacking for Pulis.

All championship players and gettable in my opinion. That would sort out quite a lot of our issues!

Dal Hende would be a good Pulis type winger, as he knows his defensive duties. He is VERY direct in his attacking game too. He can put in a cross and is himself brilliant at getting in the box, when the cross comes from the right side. See link.

I'd try and get Oliver Burke personally, he isn't getting a kick at WBA, doesn't even make matchday squads and he's very much in the Adama mould, strong and quick, also a tall lad aswell.

I'd expect us to be looking at wide players - Pulis certainly seemed to be after them in the last window so I'd imagine he still would want them rather than just sticking with the formation that he's had to resort to using, successful as it might have been in getting us to 2nd in the league.

A return for Albert? How's he been doing at Villa since the move fell through?

I'd expect us to be looking at wide players - Pulis certainly seemed to be after them in the last window so I'd imagine he still would want them rather than just sticking with the formation that he's had to resort to using, successful as it might have been in getting us to 2nd in the league.

Feateured in 13 league games although not one game for 90 mins. 0 goals and 1 assist. I think he has lost his way a bit at Villa with all the uncertainty around the club, change of manager, in his last year, move here fell through. Think he needs a new lease of life. He's into his final 6 months come january, so we could probably work out a decent fee with Villa. Problem is he is turning 31 in December, and he will probably be looking for at least a 3 year deal. The deal would certainly have to be right for us to do that. But I suppose if he we could get him for something like 1 million and squad wages then that would be a decent deal. He needs to be hungry though.

There are other players that I'd be looking at first though. Are there players looking for a move from clubs that might already have played there way out of the promotion picture? What kind of players from the Prem are looking for a short term move.

Jacob Murphy at Newcastle hasn't played much and hasn't lived up to the hype. Maybe they are ready to cut their losses to allow Rafa getting another player in.

Feateured in 13 league games although not one game for 90 mins. 0 goals and 1 assist. I think he has lost his way a bit at Villa with all the uncertainty around the club, change of manager, in his last year, move here fell through. Think he needs a new lease of life. He's into his final 6 months come january, so we could probably work out a decent fee with Villa. Problem is he is turning 31 in December, and he will probably be looking for at least a 3 year deal. The deal would certainly have to be right for us to do that. But I suppose if he we could get him for something like 1 million and squad wages then that would be a decent deal. He needs to be hungry though.

There are other players that I'd be looking at first though. Are there players looking for a move from clubs that might already have played there way out of the promotion picture? What kind of players from the Prem are looking for a short term move.

Jacob Murphy at Newcastle hasn't played much and hasn't lived up to the hype. Maybe they are ready to cut their losses to allow Rafa getting another player in.

Agreed on all of that. Though if his short contract lets us pick him up for a relatively low price, that might mean he's ideal to pick up if we're aiming for two wide signings. Saves money that can go towards the other deal. 

Funds might be limited, mind - not sure we've got a lot of money to be made by selling players that we don't need.