oneBoro Forum

Before the window opens

Yeah not a lot of money to be made. Don't think we will get good enough offers to entice us to sell Braithwaite and Assombalonga. They don't really fit into how Pulis sets up but they should still be good enough to help see us over the line.

Realistically I can see three transfers out:

Gestede - 2 mil

Leadbitter - free

Fletcher - loan

Possibly some of the younger lads who aren't around the first team. Chapman to Mowbrays Blackburn would be ideal if Mogga still wants him. Possibly even Tav if we bring in some more proven wingers. None of the youngsters will likely have an affect on the finances though.

That should free up some wages to bring in two decent signings at least. We should have money to spend on fees but I suspect wages are a problem with the current wagebill.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure it's wise to give up on Chapman just yet. Certainly not while his value is very low. If it's a loan then fine. And I'm not sure Dack is someone we need. Another central player isn't the answer imo. We need wide players with a bit of pace that can run with the ball. We should have bought Dack in august instead og Saville. Hindsight and all that.

We shouldn't be talking about raising funds and making room in the wage budget surely!? Not with the summer deals we did.

But you can’t just keep piling on. Leadbitter and Gestede are probably on 50k combined and you need to clear players like that instead of just moving them further away from the team. Maybe not raising funds but making sure we don’t throw them away.

Spurs supposedly interested in Dack - that ship has sailed! Let's file it in the missed opportunities folder along with Maguire and Matic.

Plus, if we sign any more central midfielders I am going to cull myself.

We should seriously go for Adam Reach ...

I think he will fit the system, as he can also defend

When did he learn to defend?

Like all the times he has played as LB, so for a Pulis type winger, he defends quite good for Championship level midfielders... Now you ask.

We should seriously go for Adam Reach ...

I think he will fit the system, as he can also defend

When did he learn to defend?

Like all the times he has played as LB, so for a Pulis type winger, he defends quite good for Championship level midfielders... Now you ask.

I don't think he ever played LB for us, wasn't that mostly at Preston? Where i've heard on good authority from several PNE fans that he was much better at LW than LB?

He would graft as a winger compared to some but i think this idea that he is a good defender is bit of an illusion.

I liked Reach when we had him, was a little sad when he left but we got good money for him. Since then, he's kicked on and become a greater attacking threat than perhaps he was allowed to be with us. I'd love to have him back - but I think if he was available, there'd be Premier League interest given the thunderbolts he's put in the back of the net lately.

Not sure what people are seeing in Reach to want him back? Other than him being local and having some affiliation with the fans. No doubting hes scored a few wonder goals this season, but his stats still aren't great and throughout his career they are pretty poor tbh. We have zero pace and creativity in this team, and Reach brings neither pace or a trick to beat a man. Hes a slightly above average one paced championship player and we already have a ton of them. 

All that aside even if Reach had turned into a attacking maestro what on earth makes you think hes gonna have more freedom playing under Tony "1 attacking player per match" Pulis than he did under Karanka? He'd be back recycling possession and looking backwards in no time.

He has played 19 games as LB for SW alone. From that position he has scored 4 times in those 19 games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/adam-reach/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/163530/plus/0?saison=&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=4&trainer_id=

Matthew Bates probably played that many times in midfield for us, would you count him as a CM?

Donald Trump has been elected a few days now.. Do you count him as a president?

Bates played 1 game as ultra defensive DM for us .. that's it.

You always want to argue with me, just for the sake of arguing with stupid facts .. Feel free to say you won .. I'm not wasting my time on this negative BS no more.