oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford (A) 2-1 (Hugill, Tavernier)

Just finished watching the game - An ok performance, with just one blunder around their corner they scored from. All their other chances are from long distance shots.

We create again a few good chances and today we scored enough to win!

Glad Jordan scored again and Tav looked really good and took his goal well! Great cross from Fry.

In the replay it looked like Wing clipped the outside of the post .. Close but no cigar!

Brentford missed their left back for 6 minutes of play, as he ran to the player tunnel to have a quick dump... Poor lad .. Maybe they will make a song for him, just like Crystal Palace did for Puncheon .. He s h i t s when he wants :D

UTB

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game away from home for us that. Tony's decision to start Tavernier vindicated, always great to see when a youngster scores.

Besic MoTM for me, some great balls in behind and solid all game, lovely ball to Howson in the first goal.

A good win tonight for sure.

The overall performance was solid with two noteable errors, a soft pass at the back by Friend which went unpunished and then Besic turning his back on the corner they scored from. Not sure what was going on there.

To me it appeared there was more of a plan going forward with passes in to space, they weren’t always successful but it was better than the balls to feet and sideways/backwards movement followed by long ball to Hugill/Britt i’m used to.

Batth looks as steady as Ayala but without the tendency to concede niggly fouls or to argue with the ref/opposition.

I enjoyed watching it.... for a change.

Sitting in the airport waiting for the flight home. Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday and once we scored it felt inevitable that we were going to take home the 3 points. Was impressed with Batth, thought he showed real calmness and composure throughout the game. Clayton also played well, made some really good interceptions that stopped Brentford getting into their stride. From where I was it looked like Hugill was offside for his goal but haven’t seen any replay so maybe someone who watched it on sky could comment. Great cross from Fry and nice composed header from Tav for the second. He done enough to warrant another start on Tuesday. Pulis deserves some credit, I think he will take us up. UTB

Good win and a pretty decent performance overall. There were times before we scored when I wanted us to be more positive but I think in hindsight Pulis and the team got the balance between attack and defence about right.

Brentford were always going to allow us chances and that proved the case, with better finishing we could have had a few more.

I actually think we look a better team away from home, it seems to suit our game a lot more. I think we could pick up enough points on the road without adding anyone in January. The new signings (hopefully) will give us more creative options at home and improve our record at the Riverside.

Preston will be tough in midweek but hopefully we'll get at least a point, then Villa next weekend is a big game. That's the type of game where I worry we might be lacking a little bit but we'll certainly be hard to beat.