• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

some great points raised ,Syd.  Yes primarily its a boro / football forum  but i ,like most other s  have interests outside football that i enjoy discussing with likeminded people.  maybe the set up is in need of re-structuring for members to go into a chatroom for want of a better phrase to chat and develop friendships with others on thier joint interests.  be it music. politics,travel .holiday destinations, or other sports...or whatever you find .  Does anyone even use the friends list within your profile for example. or has anyone even been invited for that matter other than those who have met in person. the forum imo is lacking in this  as there is a bit of a seperation issue regarding actually getting to know about each other and thier interests other than football. For the most , other than the tiny fraction that have met in person we dont even know each others first names.

Maybe some prefer it that way  though.

I think it’s a combination of things.

We used to get the 100% accurate team sheet on here a day before kick off under the Mowbray era thanks to VB. The forum has undoubtedly lost that air of being ‘in the know’.

Also, as others have said, there is a certain amount of apathy around the Boro at the moment, after we toiled for so long to get back in the Premier League only to have the most terribly unenjoyable time of it.

Plus nowadays there’s too much intolerance for other people’s opinions on here and too much petty point scoring between members which no-one enjoys at all.

Personally, I’d like a feature where we could temporarily vote off squabbling members from a thread - introducing a ‘shut up, no-one cares’ button, for when the pointless point scoring just gets too much.

If this was all taking place in a pub, clearly some people would be told ‘stop being a **** and let other people talk’ or ‘you two, take it outside’.

At its heart, this is still a great place and the meet ups epitomise that. If you haven’t been to one please do as it’s well worth the effort.

I have lurked for many moons and finally decided to join up...have followed the team since the era of Orritt and Lightening and attended matches regularly from 1971-1988... renewed season ticket as life has changed once more and trying to rejoin it

Have noticed that some contributors who "support" us are relentlessly downbeat and rarely have any positive comments to make...reminds me of the Chicken Run....I understand some people just like to moan, but they should at least end with something that shows they really care

no problems with those who disagree with me as long as it makes sense....have been pleasantly surprised by most of the football I have watched this season...reminds me of early Jack Charlton period.......like most teams we have good and bad periods in each match and as long as I can see some attempts to win a game, I am reasonably content

Most of the regular posters seem reasonable people and certainly some are more reasonable than others....but life would be boring if we agreed on everything....the forum will only die if you allow it to, so it's up to you to keep it interesting (or not) by contributing your opinion and ignoring those who just want to "kick the cat"

There is no one reason, different people will have different reasons for doing things.  For some the forum will be boring/uninteresting, for some the football will be boring/uninteresting, some will be busy doing other things or using other areas of social media etc etc.

I'd be slightly surprised if it was to do with expectations being too high as one or two have mentioned.  Can our expectations be too high with a Premier League that includes Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Wolves, Brighton, Palace, Burnley, Southampton, Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield?  Over half the division are clubs that would be considered as of a comparable size to us or even smaller than us.  I don't know anyone who thinks we should be challenging for the Premier League title and I've long since accepted that we never will do that nor will we be a*** the elite in this country or Europe.  All I want is for us to be the best that we can be and at the moment we aren't in my opinion.  I'd liken us to being where we were with Strachan but obviously a far more competent version than we were then.  The actual football isn't far removed from it though.

Whilst some of the downturn in the forum will be because of the football, the forum itself will be a factor.  There are people on here who I think take the *** quite a bit when they speak of tolerance but show very little to other people although they obviously believe that they do.  I think they confuse acceptance of people who share similar views as them with overall tolerance of different views.  Speaking from personal experience there is very little of the latter from certain people.

For my own part I haven't actually stopped posting on here, I just haven't had anything to talk about.  There's only so often you can say that you can't stand the way we play and there's no future in it.  I doubt anyone wants to hear it and I don't especially want to talk about it so there's nothing of value for me to add to the forum (not sure there ever has been mind!).

As Oslo_Syd says the forum will change as people come and go and people will come and go for a variety of reasons so there's probably not a great deal that can be done about it.   People will show up and post when they want to and won't when they don't.  Most likely the forum will dwindle to a handful of regular people or will cease to exist altogether.

I post less for various reasons..

Firstly, I live on Teesside and am at every home game. This was not the case for many reasons, largely living 300 miles away from the Riverside. This a***st other ways, was my connection to the club and what was going on.

I like Oslo Syd am part of the 606 gang, a fair few of us migrated here when that closed.. with us we brought things like the predictions league.

Things back then we're great, to the point where for 3 season in a row we organised and raised money to sponsor a player's shirt - I still have Adam Reachs shirt hung in my spare room.

There have been some great contributors on the forum, some of whom have moved on. Some post less frequently.

I think the friendly nature of this forum has diminished somewhat - but that sense of community and belonging could be rebuilt.

We all have a common wish - for Boro to be successful, that should and could be a starting point.

Great feedback from young and old,nice to see some familier names again,welcome back and please stay.

Let's get back to the happy days and support the Mighty Boro.

Friends and family will disagree but let's do it in a sensible way and make this forum a great place to talk all things Boro.

We maybe will need to change one or two things,there have been some good suggestions that we should listen to and look to try and improve the forum experience for all .

Let's keep together and grow once more.

What would people think about trying to organize a meet up about 6-8 months in advance to give plenty of time for people to make arrangements to get there? I’m pretty sure if we could have a few beers together it would help for people to get to know each other better and maybe it would encourage more people to post more often.

Just an idea to throw out there....

What would people think about trying to organize a meet up about 6-8 months in advance to give plenty of time for people to make arrangements to get there? I’m pretty sure if we could have a few beers together it would help for people to get to know each other better and maybe it would encourage more people to post more often.

Just an idea to throw out there....

Beer you say  :relief:  That's one of my hobbies  :heart: :P

Good plan, Blanco - I could be interested!