oneBoro Forum

Boro V Preston North End (A) 1-1 (Tavernier)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Iv'e only seen the highlights of the Brentford game. Good awareness by Hugill for the goal and a decent header by Tav for the second. Brilliant pass from Besic and a good run from Howson. For that reason I think they should both be starting, but I guess you can forgive Pulis if he decides to rest one of them and hand a fresh Saville his first start in a long time. After all 8 million should be put to use and keep the legs fresh. How did Tav do on a whole? Does Braithwaite come in after being rested on saturday? I'd suspect so. Or is it Downing that gets rested?

I can't imagine Pulis being happy with the way Wing switched off for their goal. He should have been all over their player after that short corner routine but instead he is looking back into our area allowing their player a free run. Probably just a bit of lack of experience. Still great to see Tav, Wing and Fry get plenty of gametime and being involved with the matchday squad.

It will be a very tough game this but I think we will nick it 1-0 with Hugill bagging another against his former team. If we can get a ruthless streak going up untill the new year we will find ourselves in a brilliant position.

I can't imagine Pulis being happy with the way Wing switched off for their goal. He should have been all over their player after that short corner routine but instead he is looking back into our area allowing their player a free run. Probably just a bit of lack of experience.

Wing wasn't on the pitch when they scored. It was Besic who lost his man.

I can't imagine Pulis being happy with the way Wing switched off for their goal. He should have been all over their player after that short corner routine but instead he is looking back into our area allowing their player a free run. Probably just a bit of lack of experience.

It was Besic. And I think it had a direct connection to him getting the hook

It was Besic. And I think it had a direct connection to him getting the hook

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. Thought it was wing going by the highlights.

Besic clearly shows at times he is a good player with perhaps a bit too much selfishness about him, which is not a bad thing, but for me I do not believe we are seeing the best of him, he needs to do more and make more of an impact most of the time instead of from time to time.

I'm not sure Besic is fully to blame for their goal, it looked to me like somebody gave him a shout to come back into the box, which left a 2v1 for the short corner. You can see after Judge scored he turned round and screamed at someone. He probably should have ignored the shout and concentrated on the immediate danger but there was definitely a shout in there I think.

Yeah, he heard some one calling him, turns around and goes closer to the goal, not knowing, that the corner is already taken short... Look at Howson too, he almost makes same move, but sees faster, that the corner is taken quickly.

Communication break down ;)

6 points would be a fantastic return from these two away games. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Think Hugill will start with this being his old club, but will get taken off in the second half with a view to Saturday (especially as TP has been harping on about him not being fully fit)

2-0 boro. Flint and Hugill to score

6 points would be a fantastic return from these two away games. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Think Hugill will start with this being his old club, but will get taken off in the second half with a view to Saturday (especially as TP has been harping on about him not being fully fit)

2-0 boro. Flint and Hugill to score

That would be good, Brunners will need to change his avatar again!