oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Preston North End (A) 1-1 (Tavernier)

^^^

West Ham are a horrible club. They treated Bobby Moore quite badly and he was a World Cup Winner and captain. I don't think Hugill will be to concerned.

Iv'e only seen the highlights of the Brentford game. Good awareness by Hugill for the goal and a decent header by Tav for the second. Brilliant pass from Besic and a good run from Howson. For that reason I think they should both be starting, but I guess you can forgive Pulis if he decides to rest one of them and hand a fresh Saville his first start in a long time. After all 8 million should be put to use and keep the legs fresh. How did Tav do on a whole? Does Braithwaite come in after being rested on saturday? I'd suspect so. Or is it Downing that gets rested?

I can't imagine Pulis being happy with the way Wing switched off for their goal. He should have been all over their player after that short corner routine but instead he is looking back into our area allowing their player a free run. Probably just a bit of lack of experience. Still great to see Tav, Wing and Fry get plenty of gametime and being involved with the matchday squad.

It will be a very tough game this but I think we will nick it 1-0 with Hugill bagging another against his former team. If we can get a ruthless streak going up untill the new year we will find ourselves in a brilliant position.

I can't imagine Pulis being happy with the way Wing switched off for their goal. He should have been all over their player after that short corner routine but instead he is looking back into our area allowing their player a free run. Probably just a bit of lack of experience.

Wing wasn't on the pitch when they scored. It was Besic who lost his man.

I can't imagine Pulis being happy with the way Wing switched off for their goal. He should have been all over their player after that short corner routine but instead he is looking back into our area allowing their player a free run. Probably just a bit of lack of experience.

It was Besic. And I think it had a direct connection to him getting the hook

It was Besic. And I think it had a direct connection to him getting the hook

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. Thought it was wing going by the highlights.

Besic clearly shows at times he is a good player with perhaps a bit too much selfishness about him, which is not a bad thing, but for me I do not believe we are seeing the best of him, he needs to do more and make more of an impact most of the time instead of from time to time.

I like Besic in the team, he can gives us the odd special moment, but it's a good time to rest him. Would like to see Saville get 60 mins and Wing 30.

Have a feeling we'll sneak this one 2-1 again.

I'm not sure Besic is fully to blame for their goal, it looked to me like somebody gave him a shout to come back into the box, which left a 2v1 for the short corner. You can see after Judge scored he turned round and screamed at someone. He probably should have ignored the shout and concentrated on the immediate danger but there was definitely a shout in there I think.

Yeah, he heard some one calling him, turns around and goes closer to the goal, not knowing, that the corner is already taken short... Look at Howson too, he almost makes same move, but sees faster, that the corner is taken quickly.

Communication break down ;)

Come on Boro. Let’s have a good positive show tonight and let’s get top spot back.

6 points would be a fantastic return from these two away games. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Think Hugill will start with this being his old club, but will get taken off in the second half with a view to Saturday (especially as TP has been harping on about him not being fully fit)

2-0 boro. Flint and Hugill to score

6 points would be a fantastic return from these two away games. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Think Hugill will start with this being his old club, but will get taken off in the second half with a view to Saturday (especially as TP has been harping on about him not being fully fit)

2-0 boro. Flint and Hugill to score

That would be good, Brunners will need to change his avatar again!

• Latest Posts

• Steve Gibson's primary concern is to have total control and likes to see the club as his vehicle to give his mates jobs, which vicariously gives him power. Gibson, akin to his Tory leaning ways, is obsessed with power and controls the media by keeping the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees toting the party lines. I don't blame the Evening Gazette sports team, it's just Gibson and the Club using their power to remove any meaningful scrutiny that the club have. The Club have got Neil Maddison on the payroll with his job within the club. Slaven got sacked in that role after becoming too outspoken. Gibson is doing everything in his power to avoid scrutiny. If he bothered to put the same robust practices that he puts into avoiding scrutiny, into organising the club into being successful on the pitch then we wouldn't be in this mess. There are many parallels between how the Club control the media and how the Tories get an easy ride from the right wing press. The only time when we've been successful in the past decade was when Karanka and Orta took control away from Gibson. Either side of Karanka being here we've wasted money on garbage signings and knee jerked between unsuccessful managers who were either unproven and unprepared to be a manager or dinosaur managers. I also don't like how when Karanka and Orta left Gibson got the Evening Gazette to launch a smear campaign on them. It was very dirty by Gibson. The way I think Gibson views the club is that as he puts loads of millions into MFC then he can do whatever he wants. The mantra is basically that the fans are meaningless and that Gibson is infallible like a medieval King or Pope. I think the Club would be by far better off if there was more scrutiny of decisions, both within itself about appointments to senior positions, such as could anyone have warned Gibson about appointing Woodgate and Bevington into such influential positions?, and externally through the media; There were eyebrows raised on here about both those appointments, yet the club saw no issue and the Evening Gazette and BBC Tees didn't scrutinise the decisions. It has just endlessly produced propaganda on behalf of Woodgate and the club. We're teetering on the brink of relegation to League One, and its abundantly clear that Gibson is completely mismanaging the club. We desperately need a Director of Football in the Summer to take away the power from Gibson's incompetent hands. Hopefully we can somehow salvage this season so that we're not walking out as a League One side in August. It's incredibly worrying times.
    • Yeah I probably agree with you there.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he went back to 5 at the back and had Coulson as wing back. That way we could still get his threat going forward. 
    • Breaking... We have a New manager!!