oneBoro Forum

Marvin

He may very well be one of the players going out on loan so this would not surprise me in the least and whilst we have seen rare glimpses of what he can do I really dont think he figures in the plans for this season so no would not be sad to see him go.

Always felt he played in the wrong position

It would be unfair to say he has been disappointing; I’m more disappointed with the Gate for spending so much money on a young lad and not even giving him a look in. I wouldn’t be heartbroken if he went but as long as we made our money back or they paid for a loan. Maybe a bit more first team football and he could be a good player for us. My verdict is send him out on a loan on the understanding the Mac will offer him first team football for the remainder of the season.

i hope we don't rush things and let him go 4 a loss, i would loan him out and if we were 2 sell him i would defo put in a decent selling on %. if given a chance and played in his proper position i thing he could turn out a very gud player unfortunately it will not be 4 us like usually they always turn out better when they leave

It would be unfair to say he has been disappointing; I’m more disappointed with the Gate for spending so much money on a young lad and not even giving him a look in. I wouldn’t be heartbroken if he went but as long as we made our money back or they paid for a loan. Maybe a bit more first team football and he could be a good player for us. My verdict is send him out on a loan on the understanding the Mac will offer him first team football for the remainder of the season.

I would agree with you to an extent.I do not think the word is "disappointing".I do believe he has under performed.The lad has potential,& like you am amazed he was not played,yet Ali was played regardless of form.Was Marvin another that Gareth didn't sign,so tried to make his point by not playing him?Marv didn't play till crisis time,when even Shawkey came out of the woodwork.No player looks good in a side doing badly.

I don't know how Marvin is in training,but GS2 is a big believer in how a player trains.If he doesn't train well,it might be a reason he hasn't been able to perform his potential.

Maybe VB can tell us how much his wages are.A loan might be a way to free some finance,& put him in the shop window.Plus as you say,to give him much needed 1st team soccer.

I did pose the question about Marvin on the Gazette website. It seems he is a very laid back character and the hints I got were that he's not a fighter and that doesn't impress Strachan.

However, Strachan also mentioned recently that Marvin is a winger and he doesn't understand how he was playing up front. Yet we got him as a winger/forward and decided we'd try to coach him into being a striker. Perhaps Strachan just doesn't see him as fit to do any job right now?

I've mentioned this before Linthorpian, when people claim our players didn't try I honestly believe it was just a case of having too many with similar mentality. They have the ability and they try but they just don't have that something about them that makes them a winner. It's easy to confuse that with not actually trying but I just think they're too soft.

The players Strachan has brought in epitomise the desire to win he wants to instill in the team and if, somehow, that desire rubs off on Marvin then I do think he has the footballing ability to be a dangerous player.

i also thought he had potential and maybe a run of games would have helped to see what he could do?

I especially like the song about marvin (did i hear it being sung on saturday????)

I have to concur Starbuy.As I say Borokaz,I think the lad does have ability.Maybe he is like Tim Henman,oodles of talent & class,but can't translate it into grand slams.Maybe MAC can do us a favour & give him games & develop his talent.

I wish the lad well & hope he succeeds eventually.

I've just come from the Lincoln Reserves V Boro Reserves game, Emnes started up front and was moved to left wing in the second half before being dragged off after about an hour.

Even against a young League 2 reserve side this guy looked completely out of his depth. Easily pushed off the ball, very little idea when he had the ball at his feet constantly turning into trouble, his distribution was awful. For me he has done nothing for this club when given his chance and we should get rid as soon as we can.

On another note, Josh Walker played the full game and also looked poor. He's already said he's looking for a chance elsewhere, I think he could be another promising player that is just not going to make the grade in the higher leagues