oneBoro Forum

Traore full circle?

With the obvious need to have more discussion threads let's chat about Adama Traore and whether or not he could feature in a loan move back to Boro during next window.

Has his ability been stifled through lack of games at Wolves?

Is he better than just an impact sub for them?

Did Tony get the best out of him and he simply can not be mentored better at Wolves?

Do you think he might actually miss being at Boro?

Would he be a welcome addition to our squad and become the fans favourite again?

We have shown there is life after Traore but would we be better with him playing for us?

For me somehow I can not see Wolves letting him out on loan or even selling him next summer but boy he would make things interesting again if he showed a controlled and consistent displays.

I would have him back in our starting line up in a heartbeat but no way Wolves are loaning their new £20m player back to us. Sadly I think he is going to be mostly used as an impact sub and may struggle to get the run of starts to prove himself, but he probably knew that was a risk when he went there.

If you added Traore to the best defence in the Championship, just imagine... that team would be 10 points clear at the top!

He did manage to battle his way into Wolves' first team, but then they lost against Brighton and he was dropped to the bench. He is getting plenty of action coming on as an impact sub so no chance he moves any time soon.

I watched him yesterday and he looked a bit lost. He came on to play through the middle, but seemed to just amble around. His movement was poor, he tended to stand still in the hope that someone would pass to him.

I can see why he isn’t in the starting line up at the moment. It looks as though more coaching is required.

He has a long way to go and it doesn't really look like he has improved. I don't think the answer for him or Wolves is to join a championship club on loan even though it would mean more minutes. He needs to stay with his coach if they still believe in him and try to get better at a much higher level. I'd love to see him back if only for 4 months, however I don't see the point from either his or Wolves perspective,

He was referred too yesterday by one of the commentators as a “One man plan B” which describes how influential he can be. I’d love to see him come back here but there’s a few questions that need answers first

i) would wolves let him go? I doubt it

ii) would he want to come back here tail between his legs so to speak ? Pride wouldn’t allow it

iii) Could we utilise him? Hell yeah!!

This would be the best christmas present EVER! My heart says it could for sure happen, i think Adama liked playing for Pulis, but my head says no chance, Wolves fans would be fuming loaning out their 20m signing, to a champo team.

But by gosh, if we did ever pull this off i think we would see the highest sales of half season tickets!

And im a glass half full kinda lass, so im going with me heart!

I totally agree with BillyWoofs.. no moment at all on Traore yesterday, a couple of god runs.

Perhaps he started to high on the pitch, with no room for his speed. Everytime Wolves got in the penelty area he looked like he forgot how to walk or run.

Not that Traore that got our heart pumping.

I watched him yesterday and he looked a bit lost. He came on to play through the middle, but seemed to just amble around. His movement was poor, he tended to stand still in the hope that someone would pass to him.

I can see why he isn’t in the starting line up at the moment. It looks as though more coaching is required.

Not surprised he looked lost playing in a position he has never played in.

Nuno appears to be doing everything he can to not get the best out of Adams at the moment.

Not surprised he looked lost playing in a position he has never played in.

Nuno appears to be doing everything he can to not get the best out of Adams at the moment.

Agreed and that's why I believe this thread isn't as far fetched as it may sound. From what I've heard from wolves fans they are considerably less enamoured with him then they were a month or two back.

If Nuno carries on playing him wrong and Wolves fans get more on his back, then there could be a chance for his return. Especially if Wolves open the chequebook again in January.

So I just looked at the stats and correct me if I'm wrong but:

Traore - Boro Games = 65 Goals = 5

Tavernier - Boro 1st team Games = 18 Goals = 5

Don't get me wrong, I loved watching Traore dribble around the opposition and speed off up the pitch, but his end product was a bit lacking. Tavernier is the future. Oh and look at how well Fry has done since Gibson left. We need to focus on bringing Academy players through. Now if you asked if I would want Stuani back, that's a totally different question, he, he.

So I just looked at the stats and correct me if I'm wrong but:

Traore - Boro Games = 65 Goals = 5

Tavernier - Boro 1st team Games = 18 Goals = 5

Don't get me wrong, I loved watching Traore dribble around the opposition and speed off up the pitch, but his end product was a bit lacking. Tavernier is the future. Oh and look at how well Fry has done since Gibson left. We need to focus on bringing Academy players through. Now if you asked if I would want Stuani back, that's a totally different question, he, he.

Add assists into that stat and it will look a bit different!