oneBoro Forum

Traore full circle?

I would take him back in a heartbeat. I think wolves fans from reading the forums do like what they have generally seen when coming on in games although his progress does seem to have stalled recently. I do think he needed one more season with us especially with the way he had connected with Pulis. But it's understandable why you would want a move to the prem.

It's a shame we sold him on as what we lacked last season was creativity on the other flank and one big signing there and keeping hold of Traore I think we would be in an even stronger position than we are now in the promotion race.

Overall I think the only chance of us getting him back would be if we gained promotion and paid Wolves more or less what they paid for him.

While he was exciting to watch I feel we were a one man team with him in the side. He blossomed under Pulis who essentially gave him no defensive duties and told Shotton to cover him at all times. I think we set our team up to suit Troare, at Wolves he has to adapt to the team and he's clearly not capable of doing that.

Also the Premier League is far less forgiving in terms of giving the ball away in the middle of the park, I only caught the last 15 minutes or so of Wovles v Huddesfield but Adama gave the ball away at least 5 or 6 times. In the Championship you'll get away with that but not in the top flight.

I thought it was a bad move for the player when rumors first circulated of his £18m move, for the first time in his career he had nailed down a first team spot and was developing week in week out. By going to Wolves and only being a bit part player he may never reach the levels he could have achieved if he'd been given just one more season to learn his craft.

I'm probably in the minority who would prefer if we didn't sign him back on loan, absolutely he's better than what we have but I want to see the continuation of Tavernier's development and the team continue to play as a balanced team.

Taverniers future will be as one of the 3 in the middle imo. Once he starts playing under a more creative coach. He has some excellent attributes which suit him to that role, hes excellent at arriving in the box, good technical player, decent finisher and a excellent engine. 

What I haven't seen from him yet is the drive/ability to take people on. We seen it when he got a run last season, hes almost Downing-esque in being safe when the ball is at his feet. 

Won't happen of course but I'd love to see a midfield 3 of Wing/Clayton and Tav given a run. Would compliment each other great imo.

There's reports that Wolves are close to signing Japanese winger Shoya Nakajima. Considering he's already got competing for a place with Costa, Jota and Cabeleiro it doesn't look too promising for Adama.