oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa 0-3

Even though we only scored one against Birmingham, we hit the woodwork three times and their keeper did well ...very one-sided........."a man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest"..to paraphrase the song

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Please put working links up as you find them. Cheers.

when ever the games on sky theres always a working link at vip league link to main page below for anyone who needs it later. I am going to match today so wont be needing it but for those too far away extra. 

https://www.vipleague.lc/football-sports-stream

I feel a 1-0 boro today in particular Pulis style, just hope we dont make an early mistake at the back and Pulis doesnt go too negative.

Please put working links up as you find them. Cheers.

when ever the games on sky theres always a working link at vip league link to main page below for anyone who needs it later. I am going to match today so wont be needing it but for those too far away extra. 

https://www.vipleague.lc/football-sports-stream

I feel a 1-0 boro today in particular Pulis style, just hope we dont make an early mistake at the back and Pulis doesnt go too negative.

Unlucky mate.

It's impossible to predict this one. Villa scored five midweek but also conceded five. Never thought I'd see a Karanka team leak more goals than that insane game against Fulham a few years back. I suspect there'll be a lot less goals today, but I have no idea how we'll match up to them.

Optimistic prediction: Their defence is so gash our AMs walk through it, and Hugill has a field day.

Pessimistic prediction: Bolassie tears us apart and we lose 3-0.

Villa only have 9 points on the road from 9 games. We have to take the game to them. Need to let their defense worry and not give their damn good attack too much of the ball. Hope we go 4-3-3 and not 5 at the back. If it’s 5 at the back there will be a horrible atmosphere even before kickoff.

Villa only have 9 points on the road from 9 games. We have to take the game to them. Need to let their defense worry and not give their damn good attack too much of the ball. Hope we go 4-3-3 and not 5 at the back. If it’s 5 at the back there will be a horrible atmosphere even before kickoff.

I'm not sure how relevant formations are in regard to atmosphere. If we start the game on the front foot with a high tempo it'll get the fans revved up.

I think 5 at the back can be positive and 4 at the back can be negative or vice versa, it's all about our attitude to the game and positioning on the pitch.

The worst case scenario for me today is we are sat back defending on our 18 yard line like we did against Forest and Derby. Hopefully it'll be more like the games against Sheff Utd and WBA at home where we started off with a positive mindset.

Unfortunately I think we're more likely to start the game with the intention of not losing rather than trying to win. Hopefully Pulis proves me wrong.