oneBoro Forum

Boro v Aston Villa 0-3

I never bet against Boro. And I very rarely bet on Boro :)

Agree. I never bet on the Boro. Very rarely bet against them. But not because I want them to lose coz that’s never the case more of a ‘soften the blow’ type of move

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how relevant formations are in regard to atmosphere. If we start the game on the front foot with a high tempo it'll get the fans revved up.

I think 5 at the back can be positive and 4 at the back can be negative or vice versa, it's all about our attitude to the game and positioning on the pitch.

The worst case scenario for me today is we are sat back defending on our 18 yard line like we did against Forest and Derby. Hopefully it'll be more like the games against Sheff Utd and WBA at home where we started off with a positive mindset.

Unfortunately I think we're more likely to start the game with the intention of not losing rather than trying to win. Hopefully Pulis proves me wrong.

The first few lines are spot on.  It's about our attitude as much as anything else although having more than a couple of attacking players on the pitch probably helps.

I think we'll look to impose ourselves on them today rather than sitting off them.  We made a few changes midweek so some players will come back into the side fresh.  You'd have to assume that Villa v Forest game must have taken something out of them although I don't know if they made any changes or not?  We should be ***ed off with how we played against Preston and that should provide some extra motivation should it be needed.  I see no reason to fear playing Villa regardless of their recent upturn in form.  I'd be surprised if there's more than a goal in it either way unless we really show up.

Derby are 2 up, Hull are beating QPR at Loftus Road and Stoke losing at Reading.

Apart from Sheffield United losing no favours are being done, Forest 2 up also.

Norwich though still losing to plucky Rotherham

Its going to be a tough game today - Villa have been scoring for fun - 11 in their last 3 games - Tammy Abraham got 4 in the 5-5 draw with Forest.

If we can shut them out (big ask) then we can snatch this.

I can see us conceding a lot of possession and allowing them to come on to us.

Tavernier keeps his starting position, but Downing back in.

Randolph

Fry

Flint

Batth

Friend

Clayton

Besic

Howson

Downing

Tavernier

Hugill

Happy enough with that team. Solid in midfield where I think this game will be won/lost. All depends on how Clayton deals with Grealish

Randolph

Fry

Flint

Batth

Friend

Clayton

Besic

Howson

Downing

Tavernier

Hugill

Happy enough with that team. Solid in midfield where I think this game will be won/lost. All depends on how Clayton deals with Grealish

That's the team I picked apart from Braithwaite for Stewy. So pretty happy with it!

Its going to be a tough game today - Villa have been scoring for fun - 11 in their last 3 games  - Tammy Abraham got 4 in the 5-5 draw with Forest.

If we can shut them out (big ask) then we can snatch this.

I can see us conceding a lot of possession and allowing them to come on to us.

Tavernier keeps his starting position, but Downing back in.

They also conceded 7